Arms Industry vs Underground Bunker

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Arms Industry vs Underground Bunker

Im fairly new to CoN (around 120 hours) and im really struggling to find out what is better to boost out the eco in the first couple days/weeks. I have tested some options like to rush Bunkers to lvl5 first to see how much of an impact they have on a city in terms of ressource production and i did the same with rushing arms industry first to lvl5. Im not quiet done yet with my tests but it seems like that arms industries do have a faster impact (production goes up the moment the building is done), while it takes some time for a bunker to boost up the moral in a city. i have read in a post that it would take around 11 days for a arms industry to repay it self or something like that. Arms industry has cost of all ressources types but a bunker only needs supplies, comps and fuel but in large qunatites. Some say you only should max out arms industries in cities with rare metals. so what is really better ?
    • ComptonKingz wrote:

I have tested some options like to rush Bunkers to lvl5 first to see how much of an impact they have on a city in terms of ressource production and i did the same with rushing arms industry first to lvl5
      Don't rush anything to Level 5. Do it gradually as your economy increases naturally through conquest and morale improvement. You need to be able to do research and unit mobilization as well, and if you concentrate everything on economy during the early phases, you won't be able to afford a decent army.
      It'd be like spending your whole working life investing your entire salary into a pension that you're not allowed to touch until you're 70, while in the mean time you live in abject poverty for 50 years.

Also bear in mind that tech research development is dependent on time. All of the time that your research slots go unused is wasted time that you can't get back, ever (without using Gold, natch). If your opponents are using theirs while you're not using yours, they will be ahead of you.