Can someone help me at all please

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can someone help me at all please

so I'm playing as Bolivia on Overkill and Brazil declared war on me and is sending in lots of fighter planes I have motorised infantry and some t-80s and am researching some anti aircraft to deal with the planes.
      However I do ask if anyone has any other advice of what I can do
    • Caljo wrote:

so I'm playing as Bolivia on Overkill and Brazil declared war on me and is sending in lots of fighter planes I have motorised infantry and some t-80s and am researching some anti aircraft to deal with the planes.
      If you don't have Air Superiority Fighters of your own, or SAM launchers or Mobile AA guns, your best defence against Strike Fighters (I'm assuming that's what Brazil is using)is to keep your forces in as large groups as possible (not exceeding 10 in a group). This makes it harder for his planes to kill them. Also, keep your forces entrenched - that is, stationary in the centre-point of a region. This also reduces the amount of damage they receive from the airstrikes.

If he is using patrols to attack, rather than direct strikes, keep your units outside the cities and build fortifications (combat outposts) where they are stationed. This will keep your units safer and also prevent your city buildings from getting hit. Be aware of of the terrain bonuses that each of your units has - and make use of them.

You need something to fight back with as well, though. Concentrate on trying to hit his airbases, if you can - then he might not be able to reach your territory as easily. But whatever you do, don't charge at him with tanks through the jungle or you'll get annihilated. Good luck!
    • WalterChang wrote:

Caljo wrote:

If you don't have Air Superiority Fighters of your own, or SAM launchers or Mobile AA guns, your best defence against Strike Fighters (I'm assuming that's what Brazil is using)is to keep your forces in as large groups as possible (not exceeding 10 in a group). This makes it harder for his planes to kill them. Also, keep your forces entrenched - that is, stationary in the centre-point of a region. This also reduces the amount of damage they receive from the airstrikes.
      If he is using patrols to attack, rather than direct strikes, keep your units outside the cities and build fortifications (combat outposts) where they are stationed. This will keep your units safer and also prevent your city buildings from getting hit. Be aware of of the terrain bonuses that each of your units has - and make use of them.

You need something to fight back with as well, though. Concentrate on trying to hit his airbases, if you can - then he might not be able to reach your territory as easily. But whatever you do, don't charge at him with tanks through the jungle or you'll get annihilated. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice I was moving my tanks a bunch of his jungles before you said that and I stopped them and moved them to a province where I'll build a combat outpost.
      Unfortunately one of my units got destroyed .
      I think the type of plane was elite strike fighter though the rest are just strike fighters.
      I don't have anything though to destroy his air bases and I don't have any way to go into his jungles unless I just used infantry is there anything I can do to deal with that
    • The problem with attacking through the jungle is that your units will move very slowly, and he will see them coming. That makes them easy targets for his planes to pick off. The only solution to that is to have some way of doing at least as much damage to his planes as they do to you. Anti-air guns are a good start, but you will need a fair few of them and they take nearly a whole day to mobilize.

It sounds like he is trying to destroy your army from the air so that he can move his troops in afterwards unopposed. You need to stop him from destroying your army so that he is forced to commit ground troops to an attack. You also need to keep your cities from being damaged so that you can keep churning out units. Combat outposts can be very effective (especially if you upgrade them), but be careful where you put them, because they are not cheap and you don't want lots of unnecessary ones all over the place.

I would build cheap units in large numbers and defend. The longer you can frustrate him, the more chance there is of him doing something rash, which you can maybe exploit.
    • WalterChang wrote:

The problem with attacking through the jungle is that your units will move very slowly, and he will see them coming. That makes them easy targets for his planes to pick off. The only solution to that is to have some way of doing at least as much damage to his planes as they do to you. Anti-air guns are a good start, but you will need a fair few of them and they take nearly a whole day to mobilize.

It sounds like he is trying to destroy your army from the air so that he can move his troops in afterwards unopposed. You need to stop him from destroying your army so that he is forced to commit ground troops to an attack. You also need to keep your cities from being damaged so that you can keep churning out units. Combat outposts can be very effective (especially if you upgrade them), but be careful where you put them, because they are not cheap and you don't want lots of unnecessary ones all over the place.

I would build cheap units in large numbers and defend. The longer you can frustrate him, the more chance there is of him doing something rash, which you can maybe exploit.

They sent in their troops and captured one of my cities!
    • You're going to have to try and take back the cities. You'll need them for resources, and you'll need them as places for mobilizing troops. Don't worry so much about the rural provinces, unless they produce specific resources. What sort of ground units does he have? And what do you have?

You may well be fighting a losing cause here, unfortunately. Losing your Capital is difficult to recover from. But, by continuing to fight a determined defence, it will teach you a lot about how the combat mechanics work, and which units perform well/badly against others. So you'll be better off next time, even if you end up losing this one.

Tip: Tanks are not very well suited to South America at all. They perform best in flat open terrain like deserts, and S. America is all jungle and mountains!

The post was edited 1 time, last by WalterChang ().

• I don't know what troops he has as it must of happened over night. I have motorised infantry and main battle tanks and as I said before I'm researching anti aircraft . All my cities have at least level 1 or 2 recruiting offices as I built them before as I was short on manpower. Luckily I still have my capital, Sucre, though Brazil captured la paz and might capture trinidad.