Challenge: Solo - No Navy (HARD)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Ok so I've narrowed it down to Kazakhstan, Mongolia and Belarus. Belarus is nice but I dislike Europe in general. Then again 6 cities, 2 supplies as landlocked nation is nice.

Kazakhstan is good if played correctly and no hyper-agressive Russia. 6 cities again, with 2 supplies. A lot of AI to expand into as well, and not many threats.

Mongolia is only 5 cities, but enemy cities are so far away it's hard to get invaded. Double-edged sword tho, so harder to expand, especially if Japan is smart and overruns Korea and China. Prolly the worst option here.

I'm thinking of going for Kazakhstan, thoughts?
      Kazakhstan looks like torture in the Overkill gamemode but also at the same time, no one active plays as the Stan countries. I do like the idea of playing Kazakhstan though in this ruleset and I wish you luck!
    • Evidential wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Ok so I've narrowed it down to Kazakhstan, Mongolia and Belarus. Belarus is nice but I dislike Europe in general. Then again 6 cities, 2 supplies as landlocked nation is nice.

Kazakhstan is good if played correctly and no hyper-agressive Russia. 6 cities again, with 2 supplies. A lot of AI to expand into as well, and not many threats.

Mongolia is only 5 cities, but enemy cities are so far away it's hard to get invaded. Double-edged sword tho, so harder to expand, especially if Japan is smart and overruns Korea and China. Prolly the worst option here.

I'm thinking of going for Kazakhstan, thoughts?
      Kazakhstan looks like torture in the Overkill gamemode but also at the same time, no one active plays as the Stan countries. I do like the idea of playing Kazakhstan though in this ruleset and I wish you luck!
      I was gonna do WW3, not Overkill, so nothing to worry about as Kazakhstan there ^^
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • I got a good challenge for APOCALYPSE maps. Shouldn't be to hard. You can ONLY research support vehicles and missiles. No coalitions till day 20. Just to be clear, no infantry, tanks, planes, helicopters, officers, or ships(For researching) So you are going to have to keep your infantry units alive to win the game. ONE EXCEPTION to infantry, you may have 1 ng alive at all times if you wish, so that if you lose all your infantry you can still have 1 ng(ONLY 1). I just started this challenge as Mongolia, we will see how it goes.
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• kurtvonstein wrote:

so artillery only? shouldntbe a problem.

a real challenge would be only elite units
      Bonus points if you don't have SC and can only use EAA (which, to be fair, is currently the best one)

Also started the no navy challenge, I'll create a separate thread for the play-through (might also co-write as a guide for anti-naval units, we shall see).
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

I have thought of a challenge for us who have nothing better to do to try in public games. Here are the details:
      • Mobilising any naval vessel, surface or submarine, is banned. For those too lazy to check, these are Corvettes, Frigates, Destroyers, Cruisers, Aircraft Carriers, Attack Submarines, Ballistic Missile Submarines, Naval Officers, Submarine Officers, and Elite AIP Submarines.
      • Using any transport ships to transport troops across the oceans is banned. Only air transport and ground transport is allowed. (Basically, if I were to play as Australia for this challenge, I'm screwed.)
      • Only solo: No coalitions (ROW with others is allowed)
      Downsides of the challenge:
      • Most obvious, can't leave your own continent unless 1. you have an ally with ROW on a different continent to ferry troops, or 2. air assaulting with airborne infantry, capturing a province, then building an air field.
      • Early game, there isn't any defence against navy, except if corvettes, ASF and Strikers, or frigates...Yea, you're screwed once the enemy gets frigates.
      • Basically impossible as island nations like Cuba, Ireland, the UK, Madagascar, Indonesia, Australia, Japan, and NZ.
      Upsides:
      • If playing as a landlocked nation, no need to worry about early game naval bombardment by enemies.
      • If located in Eurasia, you will most likely have enough VPs to solo win. If in Africa, you can always use 1 airborne inf to cross the Suez or the Gibraltar Strait.
      • Good to try with nations like Chad, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Austria, Belarus, and Bolivia.
      I would try the challenge myself, but I'm already at my limit of games (5 to be exact). When a game finishes, I'll go for the challenge. Until then, I'll be collecting data on how you guys try this and how to best beat this examining how you lot fare with this challenge. :thumbsup:
      I am doing this with Chad and have conquered most of Africa!
      This We'll Defend” - U.S. Army :thumbsup:
    • FarmerJG wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

I have thought of a challenge for us who have nothing better to do to try in public games. Here are the details:
      • Mobilising any naval vessel, surface or submarine, is banned. For those too lazy to check, these are Corvettes, Frigates, Destroyers, Cruisers, Aircraft Carriers, Attack Submarines, Ballistic Missile Submarines, Naval Officers, Submarine Officers, and Elite AIP Submarines.
      • Using any transport ships to transport troops across the oceans is banned. Only air transport and ground transport is allowed. (Basically, if I were to play as Australia for this challenge, I'm screwed.)
      • Most obvious, can't leave your own continent unless 1. you have an ally with ROW on a different continent to ferry troops, or 2. air assaulting with airborne infantry, capturing a province, then building an air field.
      • Early game, there isn't any defence against navy, except if corvettes, ASF and Strikers, or frigates...Yea, you're screwed once the enemy gets frigates.
      • Basically impossible as island nations like Cuba, Ireland, the UK, Madagascar, Indonesia, Australia, Japan, and NZ.
      Upsides:
      • If playing as a landlocked nation, no need to worry about early game naval bombardment by enemies.
      • If located in Eurasia, you will most likely have enough VPs to solo win. If in Africa, you can always use 1 airborne inf to cross the Suez or the Gibraltar Strait.
      • Good to try with nations like Chad, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Austria, Belarus, and Bolivia.
      I would try the challenge myself, but I'm already at my limit of games (5 to be exact). When a game finishes, I'll go for the challenge. Until then, I'll be collecting data on how you guys try this and how to best beat this examining how you lot fare with this challenge. :thumbsup:
      No. I hate this idea. (big navy guy)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

FarmerJG wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Upsides:
      No. I hate this idea. (big navy guy)
      Well, I love this because I am a big air force guy. Each to there own!
      This We'll Defend” - U.S. Army :thumbsup: