Why I'll Never Be As Good As Buckeyechamp

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why I'll Never Be As Good As Buckeyechamp

He cares more. He wants to win more than I do. Sure I want to win, but I want to have fun while I'm winning, even at the cost of speed of winning. I could pay more closely to tables and meta, and probably jack up my efficiency, but there is this 13 y.o. boy in my brain that is imagining this war. It's why the graphics don't mean so much to me. All the real good stuff is happening in my head. Dorado is providing the framework (game) and the counters (units) but the "video" is being played in The Mind of DoD Studious. So after I realized how maximum fun wasn't gotten for me in build up and out as fast as possible model of play. I began to play less efficiently, ... pause expanding, ... slow unit production, ... play with tanks ... etc. or a mix. So my screwing off will always ensure I'm not playing as well as someone like Buckeyechamp

NOTE: All Kudos to Buckeyechamp in sincerity. I lack your focus.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • SO, Buckeyechamp doesn't have ADD or an imagination unlike a lot of people who play this game.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • I totally get DoD on this one. I was recently playing Egypt in a game so I decided to build every officer in the game and name it after one of the Plagues of Egypt. For instance, infantry officer is “Mr. Moses”, airborne officer is Plague of Frogs, naval Officer is Bloody Nile, etc. Had so much fun whooping on players and then posting articles how swarms of frogs hopped through India, herding the poor Indian militants towards to Plaque of Locusts (chopper officer). And then warning other players that if they didn’t “let my people go” into their homeland, a new plague would come. Just good, healthy fun… :D
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • My ADD and patience won't let me stay in a game past 12 days. When I do stay in a game, I imagine what's happening in the unit's perspective like how they talk and communicate during a battle. Or how they battle and conquer, I also imagine the terrain they're fighting on (swampy, flat, rough, or round like my a..) I hope the devs can let you be in the units perspective, like a realistic perspective.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

I totally get DoD on this one. I was recently playing Egypt in a game so I decided to build every officer in the game and name it after one of the Plagues of Egypt. For instance, infantry officer is “Mr. Moses”, airborne officer is Plague of Frogs, naval Officer is Bloody Nile, etc. Had so much fun whooping on players and then posting articles how swarms of frogs hopped through India, herding the poor Indian militants towards to Plaque of Locusts (chopper officer). And then warning other players that if they didn’t “let my people go” into their homeland, a new plague would come. Just good, healthy fun… :D
      I hope ypu got some smart responses from your victims? Its a pitty when one works this all out and all you get in the news is: kurtvonstein is a Golder...
      Nope I am just a highly efficient player with twice your production and still holding 95% of my start units on day 20 cause I dont waste them in melee...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kurtvonstein ().

• Dealer of Death wrote:

He cares more. He wants to win more than I do. Sure I want to win, but I want to have fun while I'm winning, even at the cost of speed of winning. I could pay more closely to tables and meta, and probably jack up my efficiency, but there is this 13 y.o. boy in my brain that is imagining this war. It's why the graphics don't mean so much to me. All the real good stuff is happening in my head. Dorado is providing the framework (game) and the counters (units) but the "video" is being played in The Mind of DoD Studious. So after I realized how maximum fun wasn't gotten for me in build up and out as fast as possible model of play. I began to play less efficiently, ... pause expanding, ... slow unit production, ... play with tanks ... etc. or a mix. So my screwing off will always ensure I'm not playing as well as someone like Buckeyechamp

NOTE: All Kudos to Buckeyechamp in sincerity. I lack your focus.
      You just need some motivation that's all. Probably getting bored. Get a chip on your shoulder that should help you want to kick some ass. That's all this game is for me...i guess i have the mentality of a dog.

The post was edited 1 time, last by sundance175 ().