Minor Easter Egg? What do you think?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Minor Easter Egg? What do you think?

Look, I'm fully aware that one of the bonuses and pitfalls of the human brain, mine included, is pattern recognition. The brain is really good at picking out patterns, but unfortunately finds patterns that either aren't really there, or the product of random chance.

So, ... while playing my game, a WW3 1X map, my eye catches something it finds unusual In the mountains of China, slightly north of almost due east of the city of Lhasa. What I see, I enlarge, and to me, it appears to be a homage to one of the first mass computer games, Zork.

What do you think?
      Files
      • con zork.jpg

(71.65 kB, downloaded 14 times, last: )
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Admira G1 wrote:

Some of us have no idea what Zork is or what the comparison is. I googled Zork logo and found nothing closely resembling that.

I'm a bit tipsy understand what you mean now. How did you even catch that lol
      Well I didn't think it was tied to logo or company entity concerns, just a tribute mention. Honestly, it kind of jumped out at me. I am playing India and was scouting invasion routes into China, when something disturbed my eye. I had to go back, and after a couple passes found a spot that didn't look like the other areas, in fact I thought I saw a number. Well I screenshot it, blow it up and Voilà!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD