how to deal with SAMs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Wrong: Best way is to throw heavy bombers at SAMS. My opponents seem to be very well versed in this skill. Unfortunately, since I am not of that level of expertise I do not use this tactic, to my detriment.
      This can actually work, sometimes.

If I'm using HBs I've probably got at least 15 of them, and I'd probably wait until I've got them to Level 4+ before attempting this kind of mission. But targeting someone's SAM production cities can work. They nee to have an awful lot of SAMs to stop you getting through and causing significant damage to the city, and each time you hit them their ability to produce more SAMs is reduced, or even eliminated temporarily. Meanwhile, your ability to replace the HBs you lose is not affected.

(If they've got ASFs as well, it's a different matter!)
    • like duh, OP didn't handed out a full detailed scenario so you all just replied with general sense.
      not surprised everyone kinda answer different that all work to a degree

but wtf Pyth0n? bomber is even worst at dealing with sam then SF.
      - tiny ass patrol circle so you can't avoid schedule AA
      - lower Speed and damage against hard target
      - even more expensive
      - if you gonna replied with "missiles", you just being unfaitful and would keep adding shit to your answer
      - applying answer that required enemy to be stupid
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • KFGauss wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

There is no one "best" option.
      Wrong: Best way is to throw heavy bombers at SAMS. My opponents seem to be very well versed in this skill. Unfortunately, since I am not of that level of expertise I do not use this tactic, to my detriment.
      Nope
      When the audience takes the joke too seriously ;-;
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • playbabe wrote:

Let just set the base line that AA is not off-on switch that will 99% aircraft-proof
      Both side can scale up to try get an edge of the other but here all the trick aircraft side can do to be more effective against SAM. (more ≠ 100% win against SAM)

A) alternate aircraft such as Heli
      B) using patrol to attack to reduce AA exposure and avoid triggered offensive AA on the hit
      C) learn your match's schedule's AA time to better avoid getting in when AA is about to active
      D) Mixed stack will keep you from losing aircraft, but you still receiving same damage and go heal, this is more of long play rather then quick situation.

additional tip: lmao you can triggered any AA (sam, frigate, tds) by using heli to direct attack province in the AA range.
      Wait, so if you trigger AA before its 10min scan is up it would not trigger during the game’s Anti air scan timing?
    • japan samurai wrote:

playbabe wrote:

Let just set the base line that AA is not off-on switch that will 99% aircraft-proof
      Both side can scale up to try get an edge of the other but here all the trick aircraft side can do to be more effective against SAM. (more ≠ 100% win against SAM)

A) alternate aircraft such as Heli
      B) using patrol to attack to reduce AA exposure and avoid triggered offensive AA on the hit
      C) learn your match's schedule's AA time to better avoid getting in when AA is about to active
      D) Mixed stack will keep you from losing aircraft, but you still receiving same damage and go heal, this is more of long play rather then quick situation.

additional tip: lmao you can triggered any AA (sam, frigate, tds) by using heli to direct attack province in the AA range.
      Wait, so if you trigger AA before its 10min scan is up it would not trigger during the game’s Anti air scan timing?
      If I understand correctly . . .

After an AA engages a target, the AA enters a 10-minute Reload/Cooldown period.

If the (game-wide for all AA) 10 minute periodic-scan timer expires before the (individual AA's) 10-minute Reload/Cooldown period ends, the AA doesn't engage targets that are flying through the AA's attack range. The AA ignores that instance of the periodic-scan timer expiring.

However, the AA isn't totally helpless during a Reload/Cooldown period. if a hostile directly attacks the AA unit during a Reload/Cooldown period, the AA fights back.
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

There is no one "best" option.
      Heavy bombers the worst option actually. They have very little damage against hard targets (3 hp); slower speed and limited patrol strike range. These factors increase chance of getting hit coming in /out from strike.

Best options:

1. Hit with 1 asf/4 EAA stack and patrol strike it on edge of AA range. 1 SAM will give 8 hp damage (4 to asf / 1 per EAA); while taking 40+ hp damage (would take out 2 - 3 SAMS).
      2. If at city/prov hit with a BM from Elite Bomber. 15 HP will smash through SAM and deliver 80 HP damage. You can even hit moving target (within blast range) by timing when they take prov keep Ebomb just outside AA range; launch at momemt lose that prov and at 25 speed will take 1 - 2 min and still hit within blast (helps if in mts/jungle).
      3. Patrol on edge of AA range send in 1 CM to trigger AA follow with 2nd CM when AA dead for 10 min.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Teburu wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

No you are just making inaccurate statements. I guess then when you are wrong; then you claim sarcasm??
      IDK mate I immediately identified it as sarcasm when reading.
      @Pale

I was slower than @Teb, but after @Python rubbed my nose in it, I got onboard the sarcasm train.

If you had read just a little bit past the post you replied to, you would have seen @Python's it-was-a-joke post.
    • I'd have thought when you deal with DoD you'd get used to sarcasm, but apparently not.

Don't worry, I'll tag which posts are sarcastic and which aren't :rolleyes:

SARCASM/ON
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.