Kazakhstan (SOLO) - No Navy Challenge

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Kazakhstan (SOLO) - No Navy Challenge

Right, let's get started! :D

DAY 1

Gamemode: WW3 1x
      Units: 2 CRV, 10 Mot. Inf., and 1 ASF (classic starting units)
      Cities: 6 (Homeland)
      Bordering: Uzbekistan (AI), Kyrgyzstan (AI), Uyghur (AI), and Russia (Player)
      Total VPs: 75 (1850 VP needed for solo win)

Starting Economy:
      Supplies: +112/hr
      Components: +71/hr
      Fuel: +60/hr
      Electronics: +44/hr
      Rare Materials: +41/hr
      Manpower: +51/hr
      Money: +485/hr

Research:
      NG lvl 1
      ASF lvl 1
      CRV lvl 1 (can afford it since no need for corvette research)

Buildings:
      Arms Industry in capital, rest Rec. Offices
      After Rec. Offices, 1 Army Base in Oskemen
      After that, Arms Industry in all of the rest.

Production:
      NG in all cities except capital. (Didn't put the CRV in Oskemen since activity issue, will do in 7 hours)
      Geostrategic Position: Only border to worry about is Russia, and even that isn't a problem (Russia isn't active and hasn't built anything in their cities). All other borders are AI, but if Uyghur is conquered will have a border with Mongolia and China.

Currently have 1370 Gold but don't plan to use it (might if necessary, I'll specify if so).

Diplomacy:
      Turkey declared war on me, and a bunch of other AI states that they don't border. They didn't build anything so no threat there.
      Pakistan invited me to a coalition, I declined since I'm going solo (and he is building 1 Rec Office, a Naval Base, and a second Airbase, which is odd). He thanked me for my response and we both wished each other good luck.
      China seems to be active, has built army bases. That's all it seems.
      Russia has not built anything, may want to invade them before Day 3 comes and new players can choose Russia again. (UPDATE: They came back and built Arms Industry in all cities except St. Petersburg, which they're building a naval base lvl. 2. They may be a threat, I doubt it tho)
      Iran, Mongolia and Afganistan haven't built anything, so are not considered threats.

Fighting:
      Uzbekistan -
      Lost 1 inf (which was meant to take the unoccupied provinces, but apparently the AI thought it would be smarter to move their troops out of their capital :thumbdown:
      Nearly all territory is captured
      Kyrgyzstan-
      All land except provincial capital is taken or being taken.

Land should be safe while I go to sleep. The new day will start then ^^
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • DAY 2

Units: 11 Mot. Inf, 9 NG, 1 ASF, 2 CRV, 1 Towed Arty (Forgot to mention on day 1 oops :whistling: )
      At War With: Turkey, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan
      Provinces: 61 (7 Cities, 1 Occupied, rest Homeland)

Starting Economy:
      Supplies: +139/hr
      Components: +91/hr
      Fuel: +64/hr
      Electronics: +48/hr
      Rare Materials: +46/hr
      Manpower: +97/hr
      Money: +532/hr

Apparently, Turkey has a vendetta against the people of Kazakhstan, as they have invaded my land thru Russia (Rostov and Volgograd). Surprising, but not insurmountably so.
      Screenshot 2022-08-28 at 8.21.37 AM.png

Meanwhile, Russia has begun to invade Ukraine (not surprising). Russia is a leader of a coalition containing: Mongolia, Vietnam, Belarus, and Cuba. Could be a threat, but considering only Vietnam has built anything meaningful (the standard army base/arms industry setup), I wouldn't be surprised if they all for the most part go inactive.

There's also an East Asian coalition of 3; China, Japan and Chile. China and Japan just have standard army base setup, not considering them a threat for now.

I'll have to deal with the 2 Turkish inf on my land. The Turks also took Baku, so might have to expect a naval invasion from then (I can't do that myself, since convoys are banned for me || )

Just looked: Apparently Turkey, Pakistan, India, Myanmar and Philippines are in a coalition. Uh-oh, that's bad.
      Pakistan could ferry some troops to Turkey, and I can't even conquer the Turks without invading Russia. May need to reconsider that alternative, otherwise I'll be subject to Turkish harassment time and time again. Will have to rush out the EAA fast to deal with this one.

Idea: Ask Russia for ROW (will prolly have to give it in return). Chance is kinda low they'll accept, since they don't seem to have done anything else so far, but it's possible.

Also, have sent messages to both Syria and Iraq saying Turkey is up for the taking. (War is won with words, after all :D )

Ok so I should prolly focus on the game, so perhaps I'll split Day 2 into 2 parts so I can focus on the battle at hand :thumbup:

Would appreciate ideas so I don't get sqeezed by Russia on one hand and Turkey/Pakistan on the other 8|

The post was edited 1 time, last by _Pyth0n_ ().

• DAY 2 UPDATE:

Iraq gave me ROW, can thankfully fly troops there if need be. Iraq, Syria and Saudi are allies, currently fighting Israel (solo)

Russia has not responded yet, unfortunately (for them :rolleyes: )

• Sorry for the lack of attention, I'm a bit busy...

Some updates; I've taken over Tajikistan/Krygystan, Turkey is inactive, Pakistan invaded Afganistan, Iran invaded Saudi/Iraq, Mongolia invaded China, Russia retook Volgograd but hasn't moved since...

At a bit of a loss of what to do...I could invade Pakistan, but they are in a coalition with Turkey and India, which could take too long. Or I could invade Russia and Mongolia, but that might take too long.

• _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Sorry for the lack of attention, I'm a bit busy...

Some updates; I've taken over Tajikistan/Krygystan, Turkey is inactive, Pakistan invaded Afganistan, Iran invaded Saudi/Iraq, Mongolia invaded China, Russia retook Volgograd but hasn't moved since...

At a bit of a loss of what to do...I could invade Pakistan, but they are in a coalition with Turkey and India, which could take too long. Or I could invade Russia and Mongolia, but that might take too long.
      you could take Pakistan and open up se asia
      I may or may not exist
    • A_Talking_Crab wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Sorry for the lack of attention, I'm a bit busy...

you could take Pakistan and open up se asia
      Ye but I'd have Iraq breathing down my neck (they're actually a somewhat of a good player), and I'd have to deal with India (which would be a pain)

Regardless, Russia declared war on me (not sure if its AI or player; I think AI), so I am currently invading them. I have a task force near the Afgan border. Seems like Pakistan has ASF; will need to deal with that ASAP.

• Some key updates:

I have captured Islamabad and some other Pakistani cities. They can be considered out of the game.

Pakistan attempted to get Iraq to help, and they did. However, with my EAA absolutely destroying his AFVs, he hastily withdrew, not without getting massive casualties. Iraq has turned on Saudi and Syria (they went inactive since Israel invaded), and has also taken Iran.

I have captured some Russian territories and have taken Volgograd. Nothing really to worry about there since I'm like 90% certain they're AI (or they just suck).

Mongolia invaded China, doing alright.

Threats in order of danger to the nation of Kazakhstan:
      1. Iraq
      2. Mongolia
      3. Russia

Screenshot 2022-09-02 at 6.45.50 PM.png

• Thumbs up - Pictures are worth 1000 words.

What units do you own now?

At this point in a public game like this one, I'm laser-focused on building air force and to a lesser extent on being able to simultaneously capture and baby-sit the provinces and cities of two previously-blitzed, medium-sized countries while blitzing a 3rd from the air.

I'm curious if you're building toward the same capabilities or taking a different approach.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Thumbs up - Pictures are worth 1000 words.

What units do you own now?

At this point in a public game like this one, I'm laser-focused on building air force and to a lesser extent on being able to simultaneously capture and baby-sit the provinces and cities of two previously-blitzed, medium-sized countries while blitzing a 3rd from the air.

I'm curious if you're building toward the same capabilities or taking a different approach.
      Buildings: All cities have rec offices and arms industries.
      Capital has lvl 2 rec office, lvl 2 airbase, and bunkers, enabling super fast EAA production
      Another city has lvl 1 airbase for ASF production (most of mine got destroyed in the fight against Pakistan. Not from other ASF mind you, but just because damage mitigation does not favour ASF)
      My port city has a lvl 1 army base; I only just built it on Day 9, not because I need CRV but since I've been spamming NG so much I'm having manpower problems.
      Another city has lvl 2 army base, for towed artillery and radar.
      Other 2 cities just has rec office; that'll just be for NG

Total Troops: 28 NG lvl 3, 5 CRV lvl 2, 11 Inf lvl 1, 2 Arty lvl 1, 4 EAA lvl 1, 1 ASF lvl 1

DAY 9
      Screenshot 2022-09-04 at 7.34.29 AM.png

At war with India, but they are AI. Iraq isn't much of a threat either. Considering invading Mongolia; thoughts?

• Growing by rolling through an AI is easier (zero losses is the goal) than defeating a human peer.

Engage the human peers when you can blitz them so fast that they give up because you hit them so hard.

To become strong enough to blitz your peers, outgrow them now while they fight each other.

Bottom line - Pick an adjacent AI (in a location that doesn't screw up your borders) and conquer it in 24 hours or less, then lather, rinse, repeat.
    • Really need to take out Mongolia these next few days and kiss up to Iraq in meantime. A bordering player who's active (*with homeland so close mind you*) should be a top priority over everything.

If you're confident he has no air superiority stacks you should steamroll him with your EAA immediately.

(btw we consider this a challenge now? In my book being landlocked is meta.)
    • GrandInquisitor wrote:

Really need to take out Mongolia these next few days and kiss up to Iraq in meantime. A bordering player who's active (*with homeland so close mind you*) should be a top priority over everything.

If you're confident he has no air superiority stacks you should steamroll him with your EAA immediately.

(btw we consider this a challenge now? In my book being landlocked is meta.)
      Also no convoys challenge so yea.

Ye I can't let Mongolia foster, since he's 1. active, and 2. has a good teammate (Vietnam), so have started to blitz him.

After the Mongolian and Iraqi operations,

KFGauss wrote:

Growing by rolling through an AI is easier (zero losses is the goal) than defeating a human peer.

Engage the human peers when you can blitz them so fast that they give up because you hit them so hard.

To become strong enough to blitz your peers, outgrow them now while they fight each other.

Bottom line - Pick an adjacent AI (in a location that doesn't screw up your borders) and conquer it in 24 hours or less, then lather, rinse, repeat.
      Will heed to your advice ^^

• Also I have a list of what Iraq has research and is researching:

Researched:
      Corvette L1
      Mot Inf L1
      CRV L1
      MBT L1
      T. Arty L1
      ASF L1
      AFV L1

Researching:
      EAA L1 (pulling a leaf outta my book it seems, biggest threat here)
      Mech Inf L1

Should I go for SAMs? Or is ASF/EAA spam enough for now?

• _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Also I have a list of what Iraq has research and is researching:

Researched:
      Corvette L1
      Mot Inf L1
      CRV L1
      MBT L1
      T. Arty L1
      ASF L1
      AFV L1

Researching:
      Mech Inf L1

If he is trying to build tanks, AFVS and ASFs, and now Mech Inf and EAAs as well, he is not going to have enough Components or Electronics to build very much of any of them.

I would go for SAMs, just because you'll want them in the long run anyway. And by splitting your air-dominance units between ASFs and SAMs, you'll reduce the pressure on your Components and Electronics needs.
    • KFGauss wrote:

My hunch is that destroying Iraqi Level 2 airbases (and keeping your agile ASFs in decent shape) is easier than researching, building, and deploying useful numbers of advanced-enough SAMs.
      Problem: Baghdad (the only city with lvl 2 airbase) is too far away. EAA doesn't have that much range and I still have to mop up Pakistani/Afgani territory before I move onto Iraqi controlled Iran.

In fact, all Iraqi cities are out of range. I can use sabatoge spies as a temporary solution, but he'll figure out...

WalterChang wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Also I have a list of what Iraq has research and is researching:

Researched:
      Corvette L1
      Mot Inf L1
      CRV L1
      MBT L1
      T. Arty L1
      ASF L1
      AFV L1

Researching:
      Mech Inf L1

If he is trying to build tanks, AFVS and ASFs, and now Mech Inf and EAAs as well, he is not going to have enough Components or Electronics to build very much of any of them.
      I would go for SAMs, just because you'll want them in the long run anyway. And by splitting your air-dominance units between ASFs and SAMs, you'll reduce the pressure on your Components and Electronics needs.
      I have 5 EAA already. Since I have 2 airbases, should I churn out ASF at double speed? (using both cities ofc) Since it'll take a while for him to get troops from Iraq to my lands (if he plans to invade, that is).

• WalterChang wrote:

If you're not going to be using the EAAs for the next few days, I guess you could build 2 ASFs at a time just to get them back up the strength.

But otherwise, I'd continue building one of each until you've got the 10 EAAs. If you've got the ground-attack advantage at the moment, I wouldn't want to allow him to catch up.
      Hmmmm very true; I'll stick with 1 EAA and 1 ASF per day. If need be I'll quickly produce 2 ASF per day if his EAA become unmanageable to defeat (regardless, he only has 1 airbase; he couldn't make planes as fast as I could)

Also third largest economy in the game; behind US (20.5K tons) and Aussie (19.5 tons) with me at 19.2 tons. Iraq is at 6th with 17.1 tons; I think I can outproduce him and if need be win an attrition war.

• I'm also first in VPs: 181 (as of Day 9) to 2nd place Vietnam (167 VP), and 3rd place Iraq (154 VP)

21 to 15 to 12 cities (same countries, me, Vietnam and Iraq) (Germany has 15 cities, but only 150 VP)

• _Pyth0n_ wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

My hunch is that destroying Iraqi Level 2 airbases (and keeping your agile ASFs in decent shape) is easier than researching, building, and deploying useful numbers of advanced-enough SAMs.
      Problem: Baghdad (the only city with lvl 2 airbase) is too far away. EAA doesn't have that much range and I still have to mop up Pakistani/Afgani territory before I move onto Iraqi controlled Iran.
      In fact, all Iraqi cities are out of range. I can use sabatoge spies as a temporary solution, but he'll figure out..
      I don't know the answer to this question. I'm only offering it because you might not have answered it yet (and you asked for busybodies to give you advice).

If Iraq is actively your enemy, what is more important than getting close enough to Iraq to keep his EAA genie corked-up by destroying his airbases?.

Once you have done that and have shown that you're going to keep those airfields out of commission, Iraq should be a dead-man-walking and should realize that soon enough.

PS:
      Your ASFs patrolling over his airfields to kill anything he send into the air, and to perhaps try to keep the airbases damaged (to prevent mobilizations), would be good for your air-war. On the other hand, it would also turn Iraq's attention toward you, if it isn't already.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().