Kazakhstan (SOLO) - No Navy Challenge

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Also I have a list of what Iraq has research and is researching:

Researched:
      Corvette L1
      Mot Inf L1
      CRV L1
      MBT L1
      T. Arty L1
      ASF L1
      AFV L1

Researching:
      EAA L1 (pulling a leaf outta my book it seems, biggest threat here)
      Mech Inf L1

Should I go for SAMs? Or is ASF/EAA spam enough for now?
      ASF best bet compared to SAMS (1 small area to have AA compared to vast range of a squad of ASFs). you need to keep researching asfs anyways to get to higher level EAA. So why make another research tree and waste RSS building army 2 and army 3.

5 lvl 4 ASFs does like 70 HP damage (take out 2 EAA with little damage back). Plus the ASFs protect your EAAs and can launch CMs; which EAA can not.

ASF is active defense / SAM is passive defense.

you can only have 10 EAA before lvl2 so can either go 2 full EAA stacks with a full ASF near by to scout area first or can do 1 asf/4 EAA ; 2 asf/3 EAA; 2 ASF/ 3EAA for flexibility and the ASF absorbs ground damage to keep fresh.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• KFGauss wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

My hunch is that destroying Iraqi Level 2 airbases (and keeping your agile ASFs in decent shape) is easier than researching, building, and deploying useful numbers of advanced-enough SAMs.
      Problem: Baghdad (the only city with lvl 2 airbase) is too far away. EAA doesn't have that much range and I still have to mop up Pakistani/Afgani territory before I move onto Iraqi controlled Iran.In fact, all Iraqi cities are out of range. I can use sabatoge spies as a temporary solution, but he'll figure out..
      I don't know the answer to this question. I'm only offering it because you might not have answered it yet (and you asked for busybodies to give you advice).
      If Iraq is actively your enemy, what is more important than getting close enough to Iraq to keep his EAA genie corked-up by destroying his airbases?.

Once you have done that and have shown that you're going to keep those airfields out of commission, Iraq should be a dead-man-walking and should realize that soon enough.

PS:
      Your ASFs patrolling over his airfields to kill anything he send into the air, and to perhaps try to keep the airbases damaged (to prevent mobilizations), would be good for your air-war. On the other hand, it would also turn Iraq's attention toward you, if it isn't already.
      Mate so like I see your point; but at this point in time Mongolia is a bigger threat, so I have to deal with them first. Iraq is a longer potential threat, but they are far away enough that I don't have to worry that much (and they're seeming to focus on conquering Saudi and have insurgent problems as well)

Also thanks for the advice ^^. Not that I need it (I came to the same conclusion), but if both my thought process and other forum members' thought processes are similar enough I know its a good idea to execute the plan. Also I was looking for any unknown shortcomings that might've been part of the original plan.
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Also I have a list of what Iraq has research and is researching:

Researched:
      Corvette L1
      Mot Inf L1
      CRV L1
      MBT L1
      T. Arty L1
      ASF L1
      AFV L1

Researching:
      EAA L1 (pulling a leaf outta my book it seems, biggest threat here)
      Mech Inf L1

Should I go for SAMs? Or is ASF/EAA spam enough for now?
      ASF best bet compared to SAMS (1 small area to have AA compared to vast range of a squad of ASFs). you need to keep researching asfs anyways to get to higher level EAA. So why make another research tree and waste RSS building army 2 and army 3.
      5 lvl 4 ASFs does like 70 HP damage (take out 2 EAA with little damage back). Plus the ASFs protect your EAAs and can launch CMs; which EAA can not.

ASF is active defense / SAM is passive defense.

you can only have 10 EAA before lvl2 so can either go 2 full EAA stacks with a full ASF near by to scout area first or can do 1 asf/4 EAA ; 2 asf/3 EAA; 2 ASF/ 3EAA for flexibility and the ASF absorbs ground damage to keep fresh.
      You need to be really active to use ASF effectively tho right? Or do SAMs require the same level of activity?

• From above I see that you're telling me/us that Iraq isn't an active enemy right now, and that you want to try to blitz Mongolia because you think that 1) Mongolia is a danger that will affect you soon, and 2) you are better equipped to kill Mongolia now than you will be during or after after an Iraq (and Pakistan) campaign - Understood.

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

You need to be really active to use ASF effectively tho right? Or do SAMs require the same level of activity?
      An ASF on patrol (while you aren't keeping an eye on it) is vaguely similar to an AA unit parked somewhere, but there are also plenty of differences.

Being "active" instead of passive allows you to use either more effectively, and again there are differences.

Best of luck to you in Mongolia.

The post was edited 2 times, last by KFGauss ().

• DAY 11
      Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 3.29.40 PM.png

Pakistan: All Pakistani homeland cities are down. Some AI Pakistani/Indian forces sometimes capturing stray provinces. Have 1 EAA and 1 ASF to deal with those troops, not a big threat from this direction. Keeping a Pakistani buffer between me and Iraq, might change that very soon.

India: Haven't invaded their homeland yet (no reason too, they aren't a threat).

Mongolia: 2 Homeland Cities down. They don't look active, but can't tell since haven't seem any troops yet (other than some Mech Inf I killed, which was stationary). 2 EAA and 1 ASF there; There is a moderate threat, but only if they become active.

Russia: Novgorod, Volgograd, Rostov, and Novosibirsk are in Kazakh hands. 1 EAA was sent to patrol over Novosibirsk, not enough range to sustain full air operations. Low threat, no worries here.

Iraq: Only 100% confirmed player enemy; has a half damaged lvl 2 airbase (using sabatoge spies) and hasn't repaired it (odd). Instead, decided to go for army base lvl 3, meaning he's going for SAMs (very odd). Will be building an airfield in the Caucasus so I can reach his homeland cities (and finally rid him of existence)

Will be researching attack helis because 1. I need a proper way to kill SAMs and 2. If facing any enemy navy, I can mix ASW and attack helis for optimal damage mitigation and damage output

• DAY 15: UPDATE

Finally, the Iraqi threat is vanquished. Almost all of his homeland cities are down, using some great strategic thinking and tactical prowness.

Screenshot 2022-09-10 at 11.37.03 AM.png
      Screenshot 2022-09-10 at 11.37.13 AM.png

I have suffered heavy losses, but it was necessary. Let me describe the battle plan.

First, Iraq was to be baited into Pakistani lands, by "seemingly" going for Russia and Mongolia, and him moving nearly all of his MBTs, AFVs, CRVs, and Infantry into Pakistan. I fought defensively, bringing all of my troops into the cities, and losing quite a lot since obviously, he had better troops. He even have 2 (or 3) EAA and 1 ASF, and killed some of my EAA.

Now, while he was focusing on the Pakistani front, I was busy "invading" the Russian North Caucasus. The plan was to invade Iraqi Iran from the north, blitz through the Caucasus and take Mosul and Baghdad. He did not expect this, and with air superiority over his lands, he fell within a day of Operation Fresh Meat. He fought hard and well, props to him o7

• DAY 20 (sorry for like, being dead. Very sick at the moment, but game is going along nicely)
      Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 11.42.37 AM.png
      At War With: Vietnam, Pakistan, Mongolia, Iraq, Russia, Turkey, and India.

• _Pyth0n_ wrote:

DAY 20 (sorry for like, being dead. Very sick at the moment, but game is going along nicely)
      I'm sure you have your reasons, but the armchair general side of my brain is appalled that Pakistan and Iraq haven't been wiped out yet.

Regardless, it's definitely interesting to see these updates and use them to compare and contrast with alternatives. Thanks for posting.

PS: Get well & feel better soon.
    • KFGauss wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

DAY 20 (sorry for like, being dead. Very sick at the moment, but game is going along nicely)
      I'm sure you have your reasons, but the armchair general side of my brain is appalled that Pakistan and Iraq haven't been wiped out yet.
      Regardless, it's definitely interesting to see these updates and use them to compare and contrast with alternatives. Thanks for posting.

PS: Get well & feel better soon.
      When you're only active for ~2 hours a day, it's hard to get all those territories fast. Regardless, mainland Iraq is down, Mongolia is almost dead, and Pakistan and Iran are next. India's capital is empty and free to take as well.

• DAY 24:
      Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 11.12.05 AM.png

Kazakhstan has become the true Asia-stan.

Iran/Pakistan border is disgusting but my troops are mopping that area up. Russia is almost dead. So is Mongolia. Vietnam is still alive (but AI) so nothing really to worry about. Will eventually need to research T2 Air Inf to conquer the Philippines which is annoying.

BIG THREAT: Endgame coalition formed -
      Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 11.17.08 AM.png

Really need some way to deal with them. Germany invited me but obviously I'm not joining. I still have ROW with Sweden; some betrayal (not really, since I said that we wouldn't be perm allies) may be in order. A European war is on the horizon.

• DAY 29

I still feel dead from being sick, apologies for basically no update:

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 2.19.37 PM.png

Since Sweden gave me ROW I'm flying troops to his country and then attacking; hopefully nothing goes wrong.

Also just realized how thick Kazakhstan is 8o

• I know that I kinda died on the forums, but I did secure the solo victory so lesgooooooo

I'll send screenshots whenever possible (it was close, since Angola had a brain and used lvl 5 SAMs)