Introducing Squadron Cycle - 2208.31

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Introducing Squadron Cycle - 2208.31

Release_Aug_End.jpg

+ + + + UPDATE + + + +

Introducing: World War 3: Squadron Cycle! This new scenario puts a big twist on your regular World War 3 map, where the starting unit setup gets changed every couple of weeks, providing you with new experiences every time you play. Our first variation on the starting setup will include a spec ops and UAV in every capital city. This covert setup is perfect for some stealthy invasion early on, with the Air Superiority Fighter being removed to let the UAV fly unimpeded in the early game.

But that’s not all. Check out our other changes and fixes coming with this update!

Changes:
    • Air Assault can now be cancelled before it actually lands
    • Coalition names must contain at least 3 characters and are limited to only letters, numbers and whitespaces
    • The Amphibious Vehicle now has its own independent tech tree for all 3 doctrines

Fixes:
    • Fixed an issue where planes could patrol outside the boundaries of a map
    • Fixed a bug allowing units to be mobilised with only partially constructed buildings available
    • Fixed missing coalition names in forwarded diplomacy messages
    • Miscellaneous sound fixes for buildings
  • Big bad Wolf wrote:

Sounds great how do I change my username I can't figure it out
    Once upon a time you could change it by going to settings in Call of War. I am not sure if that is still possible. I also know that the CoN Staff granted one manual name change per account. Not sure if that's still viable either.
    Rangers alliance is recruiting players of all experience levels! DM GreenBeret#1439 on Discord to learn more.
  • GreenBeret- wrote:

Big bad Wolf wrote:

Once upon a time you could change it by going to settings in Call of War. I am not sure if that is still possible. I also know that the CoN Staff granted one manual name change per account. Not sure if that's still viable either.
    You still can in CoW as far as I am aware, altho only once per account. The name change then applies to your CoN account as well, and you can login to CoN with your new username and old password.
    "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
    Don't try and be the best
    A better world is always within out fingertips
    But Utopia just causes more stress.
  • TheWorldEnder wrote:

Interesting stuff, but you know what would be really cool, to revert back that map wide city reduction to the original city count before that trash update. But hey, now we got ciclying units in the capital at the expense of the more usefull jetfigthers, and coalitions without special characters in their name, awesome!!!
    Be glad it wasn't Telugu language support, at least it's better than nothing...

• Big bad Wolf wrote:

You are allowed a username change when you create your account for the first time, in order to change from the generic userxxxxx that is originally assigned.

TheWorldEnder wrote:

Interesting stuff, but you know what would be really cool, to revert back that map wide city reduction to the original city count before that trash update. But hey, now we got ciclying units in the capital at the expense of the more usefull jetfigthers, and coalitions without special characters in their name, awesome!!!
    The unit variation mentioned in the post is only the first variation. Our designers are working on more ideas to keep things fresh and provide new experiences. With regards the city reduction update, we are very open to any feedback you might have, mainly relating to your experience since the update, how your gameplay has changed and perhaps any nations you found to be more difficult to play as since the update.
  • Maxim | CM wrote:

TheWorldEnder wrote:

The unit variation mentioned in the post is only the first variation. Our designers are working on more ideas to keep things fresh and provide new experiences. With regards the city reduction update, we are very open to any feedback you might have, mainly relating to your experience since the update, how your gameplay has changed and perhaps any nations you found to be more difficult to play as since the update.
    Well, first of all, I dont actually get the fuzz about the "variation" mentioned in the post, I mean is the same unit, it does the same, has the same stats, and the only differences is that, by equivalence , you can get it at max lvl two slots early, or so. As for those other ideas to keep things "fresh", like that heli carrier mentioned somewhere... well, it will be really usefull? Or would end up being as "usefull" as the aircraft carrier that is already in the game? That is so game-changing that no one ever uses it, EVER. Not to mention that the cost of production and research for it makes it almost impossible to turn it into a practical HQ for airbone units, which is supposedly its main porpuose... I guess. And ohh its true, now days its even harder to get it there because every single nation lacks one city compared to before so you have even less resources

As for the feedback sake, I would say that the experience playing now compared to before is disappointing. Eight out of eleven games that I have played since the update I have ended completely alone by the 20/30 day in such game. That was already an issue before the city reduction update, but now it has worsened by a lot, especially in the WW3 x1 game. And I ask myself what's even the point in that? Why would anyone be eager to spend on gold in a game just to have no one to fight you back in the late game? Where's the fun in a game you ended up playing with only bots that don't really do anything? That's not even annoying, it's just plain boring

Every month or so the updates are released, supposedly bringing some changes, breaking the game in the process, and at the end things keep mostly the same. I mean, I know its hard work, I should know better coz Im a developer myself, but Im still dont get the point of the city reduction update being nothing else more than: less resources = more gold spending.

First you said that the update was for balance porpuoses and realism sake, but how do you balance something in the game if most of the coutries loose one city? That would just keep things the same, isn't it? Then you say it was to collect data on how people play with less cities, but it has been some months since that and nothing has actually changed, I mean for the better anyway. If you really wanted helpful data, why don't you add now more cities to every country, one or two to the original count, that would provide a lot of data too, I assure you. And it would be even more helpfull because then youll be able to compare how people play with less cities, against with more. And maybe you'll find out that people like to play with more cities and resources coz that leads to a more competitive game, with everyone having bigger and diverse armies

The game was not perfect before the less cities update, but it was fun. Why to fix something that it wasn't broken? For what I have read in this forum, most of the players say they would like to have back those cities that were taken away, why don't keep things simple and bring such cities back. I assure that it would be better received than those ideas to "keep things fresh" like the Global Conflict map that was the same as the WW3 map, and that it doesn't even spawn any more, or the RvB maps that no one even play. Oh, and if you want a tip on that matter (the RvB gamemode) just do as this. When a player goes inactive, make his/her country go neutral (kick it out of its team in the process), so the player with the country next to it, would be able to conquer it (no matter what team he/her is on) so it can make its land useful for him and his team
  • Maxim | CM wrote:

Big bad Wolf wrote:

You are allowed a username change when you create your account for the first time, in order to change from the generic userxxxxx that is originally assigned.

TheWorldEnder wrote:

Perhaps another variation could be early game naval units? Like perhaps 1 frigate and corvette per nation? Even attack subs would be cool.

• They should do a cycle with only airforce; no ground units.

Maybe like ASF, SF, Gunships/Atck Helis, UAV, Heavy Bombers...Altho the person with half a brain cell would win, since all they need is to NG spam and keep ASF killing all other units.

• TheWorldEnder wrote:

Maxim | CM wrote:

TheWorldEnder wrote:

First you said that the update was for balance porpuoses and realism sake, but how do you balance something in the game if most of the coutries loose one city? That would just keep things the same, isn't it? Then you say it was to collect data on how people play with less cities, but it has been some months since that and nothing has actually changed, I mean for the better anyway. If you really wanted helpful data, why don't you add now more cities to every country, one or two to the original count, that would provide a lot of data too, I assure you. And it would be even more helpfull because then youll be able to compare how people play with less cities, against with more. And maybe you'll find out that people like to play with more cities and resources coz that leads to a more competitive game, with everyone having bigger and diverse armies
    Facts*
  • "They should do a cycle with only airforce; no ground units.

Maybe like ASF, SF, Gunships/Atck Helis, UAV, Heavy Bombers...Altho the person with half a brain cell would win, since all they need is to NG spam and keep ASF killing all other units."

I agree with this. Include a couple of AWACs units as well.

Elite Air Craft is one way that the devs have gotten people to pay more attention to air units. This would be another way.
  • When I get tired of sticking needles into my eyes because it isn't painful enough - Maybe I'll create a multi-player, computer-moderated, internet-comms game.

In that game I'm likely to have unit characteristics slowly and constantly evolve.

Why?

So that strategies and tactics won't fossilize.

For a while cavalry might be decisive. For a different period machine guns might be the must-have items. For a while trebuchets might be king-makers. For a while stealth units might reign supreme. Etc.

Why write this here? - Because I applaud what Dorado is doing when they mix up players' starting assets.

Once they train players to stop whinging that their favorite units or "meta" strategies have become less effective, I think that mixing stuff up will help them hold customers' interest.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().