Penalty for NOT Declaring and just invading.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Expletived wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Bless your heart,Have a nice day.
      What an amazing useless insulting answer. Yea I am old enough to know a Southerner's insult. Please GFY very much and thanks for being retarded. Blocking you.
      He shoots! He scores!

Of course @Expletived knows what that phrase means - He's probably been hearing it from everyone around him for his entire life. :D

Anyone want to start a betting pool for how long the block will last?

The post was edited 3 times, last by KFGauss ().

• WalterChang wrote:

Expletived wrote:

I stated earlier, the WW2 TWIN of this game Call Of War, Morale is reduced on the attacking army for NOT formally declaring war
      Is it? I thought it was just 'notoriety' (or whatever is called) that was affected, and not morale?
      I haven't played Call of War in a while now, so maybe it's changed or I'm remembering it badly.

Notoriety only affects how likely it is that AI controlled countries will declare war on you, or give you right of way access. But I don't remember it affecting the morale of your own cities or troops (I didn't even think troops had a morale value in CoW! Only hitpoints).

Conflict of Nations does track your notoriety, but it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference to anything, whereas in CoW it could actually make things more difficult if you were too aggressive too quickly.
      First off, THANK YOU for providing an educated and focused answer to a question. I applaud you.

I played CoW for years until it got too easy and my record speaks for it. So I tried this as a modern version and thought, same come, same rules.

For the time I played, YES, if you invaded without a declaration, your attacking troops suffered I think a 10% morale drop upon invasion and your production cities as well. They would regain over time, but it put the attacker at the disadvantage and was a deterrence of violating formal relation standards. It made perfect and great sense.

I presumed it existed here, until I noticed invading troops not suffering morale drops in their cities or troops.

If a city in this game is nuked, it's morale plummets and takes about 1 week to be restored even with help like bunkers or hospitals.

As for notoriety, yes you will have revolts like crazy if you slaughter civilians (nuke, chem bomb, carpet bomb a city) WHY? Because it violated formal standard laws such as invading without declaration.
    • bobqz wrote:

No immediate penalty, maybe it would come back to haunt you if you have too many wars or kill too many civilians. I do it all the time.
      Thank you for answering the question. I sincerely appreciate it. I am glad at least a few on here have intelligence and reading comprehension. It would save alot of time than having to weed through moronic little kids crap posts in their search for lack of fame and misfortune.

But yes I agree, should have the penalty similar to that. usually day 1 of any match, the noobs invade each other and get slaughtered which is a consolation.

I honestly think, that if and it appears they did take it out, the penalty for invading with a declare, it would deter some users from burning the world down so much so fast and would lead to much more challenging matches.
    • Look mate, even I played CoW for a while (level 60-70 ish I think), and they way it works there is that if you don't keep a trade embargo for at least 24 hours and then declare war, you lose a lot of popularity, increasing the chance of AI attacking you. If you attack some nation without declaring war, you immediately lose 25% (I think, might be higher) of your popularity. You want to keep this as high as possible, so a meta within CoW is to go for nations which are invading other AI countries (not other player countries), since you actually get a popularity boost there since you're "helping" the defender from the aggressor. I could go on but that's not the point (go play CoW and visit the CoW forum if you really want to know, and if you people are interested).

And I think the basic principle that CON uses is that most countries in the post-WW2 era don't declare war, even when they are 100% at war with some nation. For example, the UK and Argentina never officially declared war on each other during the Falklands/Malvinas War, since it wasn't beneficial for either side.

And on another note, you prolly shouldn't scream at the others for providing their (according to you, useless and irrelevant) opinions, since everyone should have a say, regardless if they are idiots or not.
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Ummmm, Russia attacked Ukraine with no warning.

Shall I go on, neither of them got a "morale" penalty. And it's a game...
      That's not entirely true. Russia started to get a morale penalty once their people learned it was a war and not whatever Putin said.
      Petition to have an option to not tell your civilians you're at war and if the war lasts less than 4 days you don't get a morale penalty :)
    • Expletived wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Expletived wrote:

First of all, Reading is fundamental and comprehension is everything.

1) This thread was not meant as a discussion of "MORALE". It was a discussion of should MORALE be Affected or not when declaring war versus UNDECLARED INVASION. You know, the cowardly way. Do you comprehend this sentence?

2) Never was there a mention of the game Automatically setting you to war. Already known it does when an invasion occurs. Do you comprehend this sentence?

3) There was no need to have real life referenced in a comparison of whether or not UNDECLARED invasions happen or not. Of course they did. So the person making the post regarding that, did not answer the original question or explain the game mechanics regarding it. Do you comprehend this sentence?

As I stated earlier, the WW2 TWIN of this game Call Of War, Morale is reduced on the attacking army for NOT formally declaring war.

This game HAS that feature, but it appears that the attacking army's morale is NOT affected.

Why? Will it be implemented? Should I be lazy and just invade and not waste an extra click because ya know it's sooo hard to actually do that?

So, can we stick to the topic instead of going off the rails in 10 directions or do I regret being in this game a long time and never joining this messageboard for fear of wasting precious time?
      He need the jesus and help.Idk why he complaining, he probally mad about losing every time someone invades non informally. lol
      Well perpetually wrong retard, guess what? I am Catholic too and have a winning record on here. Darn those amazing facts, Really appreciate your completely worthless, uneducated, ignorant, lazy opinion in the grand hopes of feeling like you are right and your fellow morons will pat you on the back. So yea, I will block you as well and as a reply to your useless insult, hopefully your uneducated small mind can figure out this acronym (If you know what that even means) E.S.A.D. and Ill throw in a GFY for a bonus point. Blocking you too. Now cry the seven seas for me, ok?
      did your mom or dad hug you as a child? :rolleyes:
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Expletived wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Expletived wrote:

First of all, Reading is fundamental and comprehension is everything.

1) This thread was not meant as a discussion of "MORALE". It was a discussion of should MORALE be Affected or not when declaring war versus UNDECLARED INVASION. You know, the cowardly way. Do you comprehend this sentence?

2) Never was there a mention of the game Automatically setting you to war. Already known it does when an invasion occurs. Do you comprehend this sentence?

3) There was no need to have real life referenced in a comparison of whether or not UNDECLARED invasions happen or not. Of course they did. So the person making the post regarding that, did not answer the original question or explain the game mechanics regarding it. Do you comprehend this sentence?

As I stated earlier, the WW2 TWIN of this game Call Of War, Morale is reduced on the attacking army for NOT formally declaring war.

This game HAS that feature, but it appears that the attacking army's morale is NOT affected.

Why? Will it be implemented? Should I be lazy and just invade and not waste an extra click because ya know it's sooo hard to actually do that?

So, can we stick to the topic instead of going off the rails in 10 directions or do I regret being in this game a long time and never joining this messageboard for fear of wasting precious time?
      He need the jesus and help.Idk why he complaining, he probally mad about losing every time someone invades non informally. lol
      Well perpetually wrong retard, guess what? I am Catholic too and have a winning record on here. Darn those amazing facts, Really appreciate your completely worthless, uneducated, ignorant, lazy opinion in the grand hopes of feeling like you are right and your fellow morons will pat you on the back. So yea, I will block you as well and as a reply to your useless insult, hopefully your uneducated small mind can figure out this acronym (If you know what that even means) E.S.A.D. and Ill throw in a GFY for a bonus point. Blocking you too. Now cry the seven seas for me, ok?
      did your mom or dad hug you as a child? :rolleyes:
      This guy wants a overly simulated game, If you don't like how people attack you, just stop playing the game you'll be gone, the worlds spins better. (it's a drop in the bucket for Dorado)
      Go back to your Southern trailer park and go shoot your shotgun and play call of war. Your are the most like rudest, opinionated, backwards person I seen in CON!
      (Here; have a kids choice award)
      Calling people morons an retarded, and we're just giving you simple facts about real world and Con consepts.
      You don't like losing a conversation because you block people like the karen you are.

• He's the most entitled person I ever saw in CON.

• GamePanda wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

That's not entirely true. Russia started to get a morale penalty once their people learned it was a war and not whatever Putin said.Petition to have an option to not tell your civilians you're at war and if the war lasts less than 4 days you don't get a morale penalty :)
      Russia had already massed on the border, annexed Crimea through subterfuge, Took Southern Ossentia as "Police Action". It was not really an invasion, it was imminent.

By Contrast, Operation Barbarossa violated the Von Rippentrop Molotov Treaty. THAT was an invasion that plunged most of Germany's morale in the toilet, especiially among the intelligent experienced top brass. Hence a morale loss that would affect your attacking troops.
    • There is a penalty applied through the pretty indirect "popularity" value. Attacking without declaring war reduces more this popularity, which has a direct influence on the odds a AI will follow when deciding to declare war on you.

This is a pretty insignificant effect, but still, it exists.

EDIT : i see someone has already answered. I must admit i got bored and slipped through all the rambling without reading. My apologies to the original explainer.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Opulon ().

• xXWolfXx wrote:

Alr Expletived, its asked you dont lose your cool on the forum. Don't want things to get out of hand here.
      SIR YES SIR, *salute*

XD

• Opulon wrote:

There is a penalty applied through the pretty indirect "popularity" value. Attacking without declaring war reduces more this popularity, which has a direct influence on the odds a AI will follow when deciding to declare war on you.

This is a pretty insignificant effect, but still, it exists.

EDIT : i see someone has already answered. I must admit i got bored and slipped through all the rambling without reading. My apologies to the original explainer.
      No apologies required. It pretty much proved my point. The point being is hat you have to weed through the worthless simpletons opinions and bullshit and who lack reading comprehension, to obtain an answer to a question.
    • Expletived wrote:

. . . is hat you have to weed through the worthless simpletons opinions and bullshit and who lack reading comprehension, . . .
      I have to give @Expletived credit where credit is due here.

Even if his sentence is missing a word or two, and missing an apostrophe here and there, and regardless of the occasional missing letter in some misspelled words, it's an otherwise excellent description of his own posts. He really hit the nail right on the head.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• JESUS H CHRIST .
      @expletived.
      WHAT KIND OF MORON ARE YOU? Litterally TF is you’re problem. You know what surpise attacks do, makes you more infavourable in the eyes of the AI in games like FP. Which makes them kinda want to attack you more. Declaring war on them before well…just lowers their opinion on you less. Like why TF would you want to declare war on you’re opponent to Literally , LITERALLY let them KNOW YOU’re coming.
      USe you’re brain or whatever braincells you have to left to think. Why go the extra mile to go to the
      -Diplomacy menu
      -press the button
      -change diplomacy to war
      BEFORE THE UNIT, the unit crosses the border and AUToMATIcALLY declares war ON that nation FOR You.
      AA564F12-B9DE-4C79-A8DA-454713C178CD.jpeg

Whats the difference between attacking them before declaring war or after declaring war.
      —ITS STILL WAR!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by japan samurai ().

• GamePanda wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

That's not entirely true. Russia started to get a morale penalty once their people learned it was a war and not whatever Putin said.Petition to have an option to not tell your civilians you're at war and if the war lasts less than 4 days you don't get a morale penalty :)
      4 days is abit short and stupid. Like you already have a -2 for being at war with countries, what else do you want? Russo ukrainian war bad example. Because It ISN’t a war and hence Putin, can’t actually mobilise whatever he wants to to attack ukraine, if a troop doesn’t want to fight, he can fuc off. And Putin can’t do anything about it.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Expletived wrote:

Providing FACT, TRUTH and an educated opinion, OR having a battle of wits with unarmed people, is boring and not what I call requiring "Air", "Cool" or "Out of hand".
      Bless his heart - He's serious!
      PS: I can write this without spinning him up further because I'm blocked. 8)
      Respect +100