Penalty for NOT Declaring and just invading.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Penalty for NOT Declaring and just invading.

I know I saw this in the pasta few years ago. Possibly in the CoW version. But isn't there a massive MORALE penalty for countries invading without declaring? Seems to be that just about every single noob launches an invasion without it and there are NO repercussions.

If you nuke, chem bomb cities, you get alot of revolts. Shouldn't this be the case as well?
    • Ummmm, Russia attacked Ukraine with no warning.

Ummmm North Korea attacked South Korea without any warning in the Korean war. 1953

Shall I go on, neither of them got a "morale" penalty. And it's a game...
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • *Cough* also the first Iraq war *cough cough*

• OK my point is not DOES IT OR DOES IT NOT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE> My Point is the GAME MORALE FACTOR!

SO Case in point, Germany invades Poland, no one in Germany WANTED war so it affected morale. Byt he time the declared war against the French in May morale changed.

Why don't people comprehend posts on this message board much?
    • Expletived wrote:

OK my point is not DOES IT OR DOES IT NOT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE> My Point is the GAME MORALE FACTOR!

SO Case in point, Germany invades Poland, no one in Germany WANTED war so it affected morale. Byt he time the declared war against the French in May morale changed.

I see that you (immediately above) wrote that you wanted to discuss in-game morale, and you then made references to real-world events that you feel align with how you would like the game to work.

Earlier, other people made references to other real world events that had different consequences than the events you cited.

That all seems pretty straightforward and easily understood.

In the game "declaring war" manually instead of letting the game do it when your orders and/or unit movements trigger a war currently has no morale effect - And - I'm pretty sure most players are happy with that behavior; regardless of what might happen in various real-world scenarios.

If you want to suggest a change to Dorado (more emphatically than you already have through your contribution to this thread), go ahead.
    • First of all, Reading is fundamental and comprehension is everything.

1) This thread was not meant as a discussion of "MORALE". It was a discussion of should MORALE be Affected or not when declaring war versus UNDECLARED INVASION. You know, the cowardly way. Do you comprehend this sentence?

2) Never was there a mention of the game Automatically setting you to war. Already known it does when an invasion occurs. Do you comprehend this sentence?

3) There was no need to have real life referenced in a comparison of whether or not UNDECLARED invasions happen or not. Of course they did. So the person making the post regarding that, did not answer the original question or explain the game mechanics regarding it. Do you comprehend this sentence?

As I stated earlier, the WW2 TWIN of this game Call Of War, Morale is reduced on the attacking army for NOT formally declaring war.

This game HAS that feature, but it appears that the attacking army's morale is NOT affected.

Why? Will it be implemented? Should I be lazy and just invade and not waste an extra click because ya know it's sooo hard to actually do that?

So, can we stick to the topic instead of going off the rails in 10 directions or do I regret being in this game a long time and never joining this messageboard for fear of wasting precious time?
    • Expletived wrote:

I stated earlier, the WW2 TWIN of this game Call Of War, Morale is reduced on the attacking army for NOT formally declaring war
      Is it? I thought it was just 'notoriety' (or whatever is called) that was affected, and not morale?

I haven't played Call of War in a while now, so maybe it's changed or I'm remembering it badly.

Notoriety only affects how likely it is that AI controlled countries will declare war on you, or give you right of way access. But I don't remember it affecting the morale of your own cities or troops (I didn't even think troops had a morale value in CoW! Only hitpoints).

Conflict of Nations does track your notoriety, but it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference to anything, whereas in CoW it could actually make things more difficult if you were too aggressive too quickly.
    • I just want to say is that how implimenting an informal-invasion cowardly, it's just the art of surprise.

Example:

Are you going to let the enemy see in the middle of the field trying to kill them, and you get all your men slaughtered.
      or
      You gonna come from behind and ambush them, or shell them then fland them.

• Are you gonna tell your enemy "I'm gonna nuke you", and get your nukes intercepted.
      or
      You gonna nuke him in surprise (most likely get them shot down) put also surprise him.

• Expletived wrote:

First of all, Reading is fundamental and comprehension is everything.

1) This thread was not meant as a discussion of "MORALE". It was a discussion of should MORALE be Affected or not when declaring war versus UNDECLARED INVASION. You know, the cowardly way. Do you comprehend this sentence?

2) Never was there a mention of the game Automatically setting you to war. Already known it does when an invasion occurs. Do you comprehend this sentence?

3) There was no need to have real life referenced in a comparison of whether or not UNDECLARED invasions happen or not. Of course they did. So the person making the post regarding that, did not answer the original question or explain the game mechanics regarding it. Do you comprehend this sentence?

As I stated earlier, the WW2 TWIN of this game Call Of War, Morale is reduced on the attacking army for NOT formally declaring war.

This game HAS that feature, but it appears that the attacking army's morale is NOT affected.

Why? Will it be implemented? Should I be lazy and just invade and not waste an extra click because ya know it's sooo hard to actually do that?

So, can we stick to the topic instead of going off the rails in 10 directions or do I regret being in this game a long time and never joining this messageboard for fear of wasting precious time?
      Bless your heart,
      Have a nice day.
    • Yea, bless your heart.
      download (1).jpeg

download (2).jpegAmen (I'm catholic btw)

• Expletived wrote:

OK my point is not DOES IT OR DOES IT NOT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE> My Point is the GAME MORALE FACTOR!

How tf are you supposed to know whether you’re civilians (in game ai civilians ) want the war or not. HOW?!?
      Speak about using brains.
    • Expletived wrote:

He need the jesus and help.

Idk why he complaining, he probally mad about losing every time someone invades non informally. lol

• KFGauss wrote:

Expletived wrote:

Bless your heart,Have a nice day.
      What an amazing useless insulting answer. Yea I am old enough to know a Southerner's insult. Please GFY very much and thanks for being retarded. Blocking you.
    • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Are you gonna tell your enemy "I'm gonna nuke you", and get your nukes intercepted.
      or
      You gonna nuke him in surprise (most likely get them shot down) put also surprise him.
      Big difference. How about everyone just surprise attacks each other without penalty. Such realism and amazing fun. Not. This game strives to implement realism and fairness. I give my opponents a fair warning. Formal Declaration while my troops are in motion but not violating the formal declare before they attack.

As for nukes, most wont be shot down because it takes forever to build theater defense systems. I have seen matches where someone paid $100 had a pile of nukes and the game was ruined within 30 days at x4 speed. It was so much fun I didn't bother playing anymore for months.

Sneak attacks ON EVERYONE are for cowards. Would it be cowardly against a more formidable opponent? No, a tactic.
    • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Expletived wrote:

He need the jesus and help.
      Idk why he complaining, he probally mad about losing every time someone invades non informally. lol
      Well perpetually wrong retard, guess what? I am Catholic too and have a winning record on here. Darn those amazing facts, Really appreciate your completely worthless, uneducated, ignorant, lazy opinion in the grand hopes of feeling like you are right and your fellow morons will pat you on the back. So yea, I will block you as well and as a reply to your useless insult, hopefully your uneducated small mind can figure out this acronym (If you know what that even means) E.S.A.D. and Ill throw in a GFY for a bonus point. Blocking you too. Now cry the seven seas for me, ok?