Pinned Possible Unit Variations for Squadron Cycle

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Possible Unit Variations for Squadron Cycle

With Squadron Cycle now in rotation in our games list, and the first variation already active, we'd like to get your thoughts on possible other variations.

As specified in our last update, we're introducing a scenario for World War 3, where starting units change to specific variations. Currently, we have 1 new variations that allows players to start with Special Forces and a UAV. The idea is to change this up with new variations as we go. Feel free to let us know which of the following variations you would like to see in the game, and whether there are other variations you'd like to see in the future :)

1) Main Battle Tank + Mechanized Infantry
      2) Rocket Launcher + Airborne Infantry
      3) Naval Infantry + Amphibious Fighting Vehicle for nations with coasts and Mechanized Infantry + Armored Fighting Vehicle for landlocked nations
      4) Strike Fighter + Anti-Air Vehicle
      5) Railgun and a lot of provinces with prebuilt roads
    • Maxim | CM wrote:

With Squadron Cycle now in rotation in our games list, and the first variation already active, we'd like to get your thoughts on possible other variations.

As specified in our last update, we're introducing a scenario for World War 3, where starting units change to specific variations. Currently, we have 1 new variations that allows players to start with Special Forces and a UAV. The idea is to change this up with new variations as we go. Feel free to let us know which of the following variations you would like to see in the game, and whether there are other variations you'd like to see in the future

1) Main Battle Tank + Mechanized Infantry
      2) Rocket Launcher + Airborne Infantry
      3) Naval Infantry + Amphibious Fighting Vehicle for nations with coasts and Mechanized Infantry + Armored Fighting Vehicle for landlocked nations
      4) Strike Fighter + Anti-Air Vehicle
      5) Railgun and a lot of provinces with prebuilt roads
      3) is a tricky one, because there are several coastal countries that would probably prefer to have Mech Inf + AFV than Naval Inf + Amph FV (North African, Middle East, India?). There's also Bolivia as a landlocked country, where players might prefer to have the Amph FV because of its special abilities at fighting in jungle terrain.

By varying the starting units, you might be putting several countries at a disadvantage against certain neighbours?
    • japan samurai wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Striker/SAM set. Would be nice to wreck noobs who don't know how to use AA properly.
      Woah there, even if you hit that 1 SAM without getting striked by its offense damage, you’re trading 4 damage for a return of 8-9 SAM won’t be alone so effectively wasting you’re SF
      thats why you dont hit the sam?
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

japan samurai wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

Striker/SAM set. Would be nice to wreck noobs who don't know how to use AA properly.
      Woah there, even if you hit that 1 SAM without getting striked by its offense damage, you’re trading 4 damage for a return of 8-9 SAM won’t be alone so effectively wasting you’re SF
      No actually he's talking about a secret strategy where you throw planes at SAMs.

Like seriously dude, c'mon. :rolleyes:
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Teburu wrote:

japan samurai wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

No actually he's talking about a secret strategy where you throw planes at SAMs.
      Like seriously dude, c'mon. :rolleyes:
      Well than what did you mean by wrekt noobs who don’t know how to use AA properly, you mean noobs who rush AA into battle along with their own troops?!?
    • Im gonna be honest here, i hate this complex english where words are shortned, for example:

SF can be understood as Strike Fighter but also as Special Forces, i was already going to quote someone's post here but then i realized what it really was.. please don't do this again with me, im not telling anyone to stop doing this, im just expressing my opinion on how this can be very confusing for me.

(i hate this) ;(
      National Guards Should Not Be Underestimated 8)
    • KoopKoopyGuy wrote:

Im gonna be honest here, i hate this complex english where words are shortned, for example:

SF can be understood as Strike Fighter but also as Special Forces, i was already going to quote someone's post here but then i realized what it really was.. please don't do this again with me, im not telling anyone to stop doing this, im just expressing my opinion on how this can be very confusing for me.

(i hate this) ;(
      There is an informal jargon on the forums that you will most likely have to learn to understand some members' posts. For example, SF = Strike Fighter, while SFS = Special Forces. You are free to ignore this, but I mean, it's your own detriment. Might wanna ask Teburu or Playbabe for a list of the nicks for each unit, if there is one.
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

KoopKoopyGuy wrote:

Im gonna be honest here, i hate this complex english where words are shortned, for example:

(i hate this) ;(
      There is an informal jargon on the forums that you will most likely have to learn to understand some members' posts. For example, SF = Strike Fighter, while SFS = Special Forces. You are free to ignore this, but I mean, it's your own detriment. Might wanna ask Teburu or Playbabe for a list of the nicks for each unit, if there is one.
      Ah yes! Thanks for the information.
      National Guards Should Not Be Underestimated 8)