Any Guesses / Leaks of Season 9 unit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Flat Stanley wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Flat Stanley wrote:

Unlike regular nat guard, hopefully this will be legit enough for me to produce it
      EDIT
      An idea: nerf movement speed in trade-off for extra atk/def dmg buff in forest/hills/jungle
      Ummm, I would never build such unit. Infantry is for taking territories (the faster, the better), and never for melee except vs insurgents.And NGs are the best infantry out there for that role. I guarantee that you just don’t know how to use them….
      agree - Only inf I ever build and usually win. Have a protegee I have been playing with and took him 1 - 2 games to ditch his spam RCVs strategy and now he is on the NG band wagon and has never done so well. People dont realize the opportunity cost of building more expensive inf or ground units, then cry I cheat when i have a killer navy / airforce. Not my fault they wasted their RSS on ground troops; which they keep replenishing and never really grow their army.But like you said i dont fight with my infantry and if do its defending an attack so that 50 pct bonus does wonders. By level 5 counting def bonus they have better stats than mot inf.
      Early game:
      moving all starting units into attack position and backfill all border cities with 3 - 4 NGs a piece; build a bunker and - 45 pct damage and + 50 def stats. someone going to need like 6+ Inf to stand a chance.
      you dont use mech inf/ spec forces???
      We are of the conviction that melee combat is to be avoided; we want free kills, we don’t want to trade hits with an opponent. Hence, most melee units are avoided like the plague.
      By and large, we use fighters and choppers as our main attack force, which makes mincemeat of any stack that has little to no anti-air protection. We mix-n-match these stacks to avoid losing a single unit, sending wounded aircraft to hospitals for rapid recovery. Some use cruise missiles for added punch against ground targets.

IF we meet a competitive opponent who has anti air, we use MRLS, Sams launchers, radar, etc as our ground forces. We shoot-n-scoot, never letting the enemy get close enough for melee combat. NGs will then swallow the enemy’s land after it is cleared.

This type of build is what is referred to as the general META

While Special Forces do have their niche, they generally are not as cost effective as these other units.
      Unlike regular nat guard, hopefully this will be legit enough for me to produce it

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Flat Stanley wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Flat Stanley wrote:

EDIT
      An idea: nerf movement speed in trade-off for extra atk/def dmg buff in forest/hills/jungle
      Ummm, I would never build such unit. Infantry is for taking territories (the faster, the better), and never for melee except vs insurgents.And NGs are the best infantry out there for that role. I guarantee that you just don’t know how to use them….
      agree - Only inf I ever build and usually win. Have a protegee I have been playing with and took him 1 - 2 games to ditch his spam RCVs strategy and now he is on the NG band wagon and has never done so well. People dont realize the opportunity cost of building more expensive inf or ground units, then cry I cheat when i have a killer navy / airforce. Not my fault they wasted their RSS on ground troops; which they keep replenishing and never really grow their army.But like you said i dont fight with my infantry and if do its defending an attack so that 50 pct bonus does wonders. By level 5 counting def bonus they have better stats than mot inf.
      Early game:
      moving all starting units into attack position and backfill all border cities with 3 - 4 NGs a piece; build a bunker and - 45 pct damage and + 50 def stats. someone going to need like 6+ Inf to stand a chance.
      you dont use mech inf/ spec forces???
      We are of the conviction that melee combat is to be avoided; we want free kills, we don’t want to trade hits with an opponent. Hence, most melee units are avoided like the plague.
      By and large, we use fighters and choppers as our main attack force, which makes mincemeat of any stack that has little to no anti-air protection. We mix-n-match these stacks to avoid losing a single unit, sending wounded aircraft to hospitals for rapid recovery. Some use cruise missiles for added punch against ground targets.

IF we meet a competitive opponent who has anti air, we use MRLS, Sams launchers, radar, etc as our ground forces. We shoot-n-scoot, never letting the enemy get close enough for melee combat. NGs will then swallow the enemy’s land after it is cleared.

This type of build is what is referred to as the general META

While Special Forces do have their niche, they generally are not as cost effective as these other units.
      yeah but you still have to have SOME kind of melee unit, and to me mech inf/spec forces are the best.
      i also typically want to avoid melee-melee combat, instead using support tech (mrl, sam, etc) along with air forces.

as far as air supremacy goes ASF are great but you cant rely on only them. stealth af, and eaa are necessary to destroy enemy air force
      "El experto en todos fue una vez un bêginara"

"You didn't see me sneak under the door" :evil: :evil:
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

I was just tired of elite camels and wanted to promote the ideaof a first elite inf.

deep insight my heart i still hope for landmines.
      die kurt.jpg
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • images.jpeg
      Praying for this for a while...

I see a lot of thumbs down in the croud... lol
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • download (7).jpegdownload (6).jpegimages (1).jpeg
      I've wanted to see this for a while like an elite missile, or hypersonic missile.

At least 6x the speed of an average nuclear ballistic missile.

• GamePanda wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

an elite missile, or hypersonic missile
      If im not entirely mistaken, isn't the Swarm basically an Elite missile, no matter how bad it actually is as a unit?
      Personally I feel it as a very sh!tty UAV, that dorado should really learn from...

• Yak wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

that dorado should really learn from...
      Yes we absolutely are using the unit as a learning opportunity, as is with everything else we do, we naturally analyse and review

Curious... why havnt they modified in x # of seasons?

Maybe increase range; reduce the deployment requirements (or even list in the requirements screen for unit); reduce the delay time when landing troops (think have to wait 12 hrs now, which is ridiculous).
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Yak wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

that dorado should really learn from...
      Yes we absolutely are using the unit as a learning opportunity, as is with everything else we do, we naturally analyse and review
      Thank you for your time. Dorado demi - god.

• JohnFKennedy wrote:

Also they mentioned elite ships which i think DDG-1000 Zumwalt will be a good choice.
      Stealth ship, better land attack than cruisers.
      Maybe even add the buoy feature mentioned above.
      OIP (1).jpg

Just a heads up - that ship design is already used for the western doctrine naval officer if I’m not mistake. But an elite surface vessel of some sort sounds fun. Navy feels a little stale lately.
    • Hey guys,
      Mostly unrelated question but as I hope someone could take a couple seconds out of their day to let me know;
      Since the new season has not yet begun, if one were to purchase Security Council membership right now, would they still be able to keep the current unit? My, um, friend has like 10x the necessary points and is currently mobilising the unit, but let the time slip away by accident.
      Cheers, and fingers crossed

Edit - Yes the points were earned during the season.