Proposal for a new Building/Structure

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Proposal for a new Building/Structure

Greetings everyone ^^ long time no see.

Alright so, i feel the game has a lot of wasted potential, specifically when it comes to the units that can be mobolised. We have so many units able to be researched and utilised, yet we are barely able to use 1/5th of those by the end of any given game; and this is mainly due to 3 things :

1) Low production of rare materials, especially after the new update
      2) Being limited to research 2 units at the same time
      3) Most research taking 1-day at the minimum to complete

Which brings me to today's suggestion, and that is to add a new building called "R&D Department". This building will have for objective to reduce research time as well as give a flat resource bonus of rare materials, in other words it will be functionally similar to recruitment offices but for unit research instead.

Conditions :

- Can only be built in a homeland citiy which has rare materials as its resource production

/// R&D Department level 1 ///

Requirements :

- Requires arms industries level 1
      - Requires recruitment office level 1
      - Requires secret weapons lab level 1

Bonuses :

- Flat resource bonus of 100 rare materials
      - Decrease research time by 10%

Building cost :

- Supplies : x 1000
      - Components : x 650
      - Fuel : x 500
      - Electronics : x 1000
      - Money : x 4000

/// R&D Department level 2 ///

Requirements :

- Requires arms industries level 2

Bonuses :

- Flat resource bonus of 200 rare materials
      - Decrease research time by 15%

Building cost :

- Supplies : x 1250
      - Components : x 900
      - Fuel : x 750
      - Electronics : x 1350
      - Money : x 5500

/// R&D Department level 3 ///

Requirements :

- Requires arms industries level 3

Bonuses :

- Flat resource bonus of 300 rare materials
      - Decrease research time by 20%

Building cost :

- Supplies : x 1500
      - Components : x 1200
      - Fuel : x 1000
      - Electronics : x 2000
      - Money : x 8000

/// R&D Department level 4 ///

Requirements :

- Requires arms industries level 4

Bonuses :

- Flat resource bonus of 400 rare materials
      - Decrease research time by 30%

Building cost :

- Supplies : x 2150
      - Components : x 1600
      - Fuel : x 1250
      - Electronics : x 2400
      - Money : x 11.500

/// R&D Department level 5 ///

Requirements :

- Requires arms industries level 5

Bonuses :

- Flat resource bonus of 500 rare materials
      - Decrease research time by 30%
      - Adds 1 research slot

Building cost :

- Supplies : x 3000
      - Components : x 2000
      - Fuel : x 1500
      - Electronics : x 3000
      - rare materials : x 2000
      - Money : x 15.000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

like anythig, this idea isn't perfect but i think the concept is worth looking into, so i'd love to hear your thoughts on the issue and if anyone think they have a better idea regarding the issue please share it with us

The post was edited 2 times, last by Silent Threat ().

• This idea doesn't look too bad at all, however..

If you want to get out of this misery of low resources, then you should start making use of the market AND build level 5 arm industries.

Another help that i can give you is: choose correctly your country, countries like Japan are VERY good for resource production.

If you still did these things and nothing works, then it's not with me that you should talk to.
      National Guards Should Not Be Underestimated 8)
    • DodiMiki wrote:

We have so many units able to be researched and utilised, yet we are barely able to use 1/5th of those by the end of any given game; and this is mainly due to 3 things :
      Actually it is principally 1 thing:
      0) one should pick the handful of types best suited to play with

If you researched anywhere near 1/10th of all the variants,
      you've way overdone it already. That is a very poor utilization of the research pipeline (as well as the always limited mobilization capability)!
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • This idea of making all possible units somehow similarly useful, in the name of "balancing" (in other recent threads),
      or "utilization" as stated for rationale here, is totally misguided.

To see why, consider this analogy. For some project you need nails, a hammer, and a handsaw. Go into the hardware store, where you find those, as well as many other things (screws, power tools, etc.) Would you say that one should consider buying anything and everything to "balance" the purchase? Could this mindless spending, somehow, be considered good "utilization" of the available wares?

I do not think so. You choose the tools appropriate for the task, rather than tweak the tasks to fit the tools you fancy.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • No offense, but I feel like when playing any country, you get enough RMs to research NG, ASF and Corvettes, with later research of EAA (SF or Helis after season ends), Radar and Frigs possible by Day 3. IF playing like India or Japan, can even go for CRV. Later on, TDs, SAMs and Towed Arty can be achieved relatively easily. Finally, MRLs and TDS are possible, but late game (as they should be) Unlike most players, I don't see the obsessive need to fill empty research slots with useless units, and the compulsive arms industry above lvl 1 addiction as well. It rarely affects me, and don't see why you would need it unless you're doing some "research everything" challenge or whatnot.
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • This already exists and it’s called gold. If you everyone is able to access everything then you have a boring game. You can try out all of the units over multiple games. The limitations on resources and research slots is part of the challenge and is what allows for multiple strategies to exist. If it’s easy to build a unit if every type, then there isn’t much variation to how you can play.
    • you are right in your peoposal. unless you play a 7 homeland country as suggested( which can only do like first 10player - after that you get inly the leftover 5 city countries. which are a pain in the ass to play with so no offense to any player who quits after he see which bad choice he picked.)

i always said that first research of every unit should be done in 30 mins with minumum resources. but upgradingand speclizing should be the the heart and center if game.

with current setup most players dont try out new units and experiment.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.