Stealth Detection

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stealth Detection

This subject has been beaten down many times, but its still a bit confusing.

Ground Radar Tier 5 says it can detect stealth ground and air units within its sight range, it says nothing about its radar range. Does that mean that it can only detect the stealth units within the sight range of 25 and not in the radar range of 225? If so, in other post it is stated that all units can see stealth units within sight range. If that is true then what use is the Ground Radar or AWAC unit with stealth detection capabilities?

Stealth detection scenarios, detected or not?

Stealth Air Superiority Fighter patrolling around a Tier 5 ground radar unit at a distance of 200. not detected?
      Stealth Air Superiority Fighter patrolling around a Tier 5 ground radar unit at a distance of 20. detected?
      Stealth Air Superiority Fighter patrolling around a Tier 3 ground radar unit at a distance of 50. not detected?
      Stealth Air Superiority Fighter patrolling around a Tier 3 ground radar unit at a distance of 20. detected?

Stealth Air Superiority Fighter patrolling around a Tier 1 mobile infantry unit at a distance of 15. detected?

Stealth Air Superiority Fighter patrolling around a Tier 5 awac unit at a distance of 200. not detected?
      Stealth Air Superiority Fighter patrolling around a Tier 5 awac unit at a distance of 30. detected?
      Stealth Air Superiority Fighter patrolling around a Tier 3 awac unit at a distance of 50. not detected?
      Stealth Air Superiority Fighter patrolling around a Tier 3 awac unit at a distance of 30. detected?

Special Forces standing around a Tier 5 ground radar unit at a distance of 200. not detected?
      Special Forces standing around a Tier 5 ground radar unit at a distance of 20. detected?
      Special Forces standing around a Tier 3 ground radar unit at a distance of 50. not detected?
      Special Forces standing around a Tier 3 ground radar unit at a distance of 20. detected?

Special Forces standing around around a Tier 1 mobile infantry unit at a distance of 15. detected?
    • Bruvvv…..
      BRUVVV.
      THE RADAR RANGE IS UNDER THE RADAR RANGE TAB.
      The stealth detection capability is under the STealth Reveal TAB.

If:
      Unit does not have reveal stealth Tab, unit cannot see any stealth.
      —unit has stealth detection tab, it says it can reveal a certain type, such as SPF revealing Stealth ground units, such as grounded stealth planes.
      if reveal tab says reveal air, unit will reveal air stealth and no others

Reveal stealth:
      Means that the unit can only reveal stealth at sight range.
      At sight range only, which is basically usually 25-40.
      Stealth units, cannot be detected by any radar. Only by sight
    • Just to add, if your stealth plane's patrol circle overlaps the sight range of a unit that can reveal stealth, they will see it - even if the patrol circle doesn't touch the unit itself.

The stealth units will always be revealed (for a short time) if it attacks something, whether or not the unit it attacks has a reveal stealth ability.

The only time a stealth unit is ever detected by radar is when a Special Forces unit is flying by helicopter with range of an AWACS level 5+
    • japan samurai wrote:

Why awacs level 5+, isn’t lvl 4 enough to see helicopters in the air
      because all chopper radar is wrong to make them better. SAMS and Ship AA would eat choppers up IRL.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • This whole time I made the assumption that because it says reveal stealth that it meant by radar range.

Thought I was safe and smart by upgrading my Radars, AntiAir, AWACs, and SAMS to the level required to reveal stealth units because it was giving me advanced warning of something being there..
      Apparently if I want such a warning system, I'll need so many lvl 5 radar units it'd be ridiculous to cover the radar range of a SAM unit, or a ridiculous amount of lvl 5 SAMs. Guess my resources will be better spent on the radar units than the AWACs at this point since it takes more infrastructure to build the AWAC. Yeah, the AWAC is more mobile so you can move it into range faster, they both can detect stealth air but only the radar unit can detect both.
    • Since it only works in sight range, detection against stealth aircraft is almost irrelevant imo. If you really want that detection than stealth asf are prob the best.

Especially since the only thing stealth does in regard to aa is let it not get hit on approach due to invisibility; pointdefense and ranged aa still work perfectly against them.
      I am The Baseline for opinions