A Tribute to the Queen

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A Tribute to the Queen

Since Queen Elizabeth has just died it would be nice if some black ribbon emojis were put up. I know it doesn't have anything to do with the game but she was the commander and chief of but she was commander in chief of many countries such as the UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

not meaning to offend any patriotic republicans (people who believe in republic) but I'm patriotic about this.
  • Ye your suggestion makes sense, and there's definitely no harm, but I mean, CANZUK isn't the whole world; Europe, USA, Latin America, Africa, Middle East and Asia exist as well. If you really want, add a black ribbon to your signature (I will as well).
    "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
    Don't try and be the best
    A better world is always within out fingertips
    But Utopia just causes more stress.
  • Dracula wrote:

Why should we pay tribute to the queen.
    Just because the royal family led UK conquered other countries, killed and enslaved it's people.
    Then we should pay tribute to Hitler, Napolean and chengaz khan too. :evil:
    The British royal family is largely a giant snooze for me.

However, your post betrays an astounding level of ignorance and/or immaturity.

Elizabeth was imperfect just like all the rest of us, but she appeared to be a genuinely good and caring person striving to satisfy a the responibilities of her role in ways that would make the world a better place. Mourning her passing is not the same as endorsing or ignoring her predecessors' actions.

The other people you listed were not good and caring people.
  • I agrre with KFGaus, and it is a shame "Dracula" is who he is. I could argue for days over how wrong you are, but I won't, and yes I know this is an international forum, and why the hell would anybody support colonization and all the horrors that come with it, we stopped years ago. Nixon had death Squads! (express.co.uk/news/world/19296…n-knew-about-death-squads, constantinereport.com/nixons-j…commandeered-white-house/). everyone has the right to their own opinion, but if you can't say anything nice about someone just after they die, then don't say it at all.

Why don't you look into this stuff yourselves instead of swallowing the lies your force-fed.
    Find me a first-world nation (yes that is an outdated term) that hasn't committed scores of war crimes.
    You'll find that China, Russia, and USA have committed more war crimes in their history than the UK.
    So how about I get all offended and say "I smell American war criminal" whenever I see a tribute like 9/11? Because I wouldn't.
  • Zaktty wrote:

if you can't say anything nice about someone just after they die, then don't say it at all
    I very much agree with that.

Yet I should point out that the seed of this controversy was sown by the original poster. Instead of merely calling to say something nice about the person, the post implied that the world should acknowledge "the queen" as if her majesty had been a worldwide official rather than a local monarch.
    Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
    humble player
  • You can say whatever you want but I can't digest the fact in 21st century all men and woman are not equal. Some people like Elizabeth and Charles enjoy special status just because of their bloodline. I hate all the dictators and monarch whether they are powerful like Putin, kim jong un or honorary like Charles, Elizabeth. Elizabeth was not democratically elected yet she enjoyed all the privileges just because her ancestors had ruled over many nations and killed, enslaved people.

Zaktty wrote:

you can't say anything nice about someone just after they die, then don't say it at all.
    it means we should not say things about dictators like Hitler,Stalin just because they are dead.

KFGauss wrote:

Mourning her passing is not the same as endorsing or ignoring her predecessors' actions.
    Unfortunately it is because she was not democratically elected and enjoyed special status just because of her predecessors. What if German appoint a good relative of Hitler as honorary führer . Will you give the same argument.
    I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be
  • As a Brit, I find the international reaction quite interesting. I think the breadth of coverage her death has received has a lot to do with the fact that QEII was on the throne for so long - not because of anything that the British monarchy might represent, good or bad.

I'm no monarchist, but I think I prefer the UK to have a ceremonial, non-political head of state. If the Royal Family provides some kind of living link with the country's history that people feel a connection to (and it brings in tourists!) then I don't see the harm in keeping it on as an institution. No-one's ever come up with a decent alternative, at least.

Nobody should feel obligated to bow and stoop, or revere them as higher beings or anything like that - or even to be interested in them at all. But the late Queen generally has people's respect (including mine) because she seemed to try and use her role as a force for good, within the constraints of the traditions and constitutional limits of her position.

RIP your maj
  • Dracula wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Mourning her passing is not the same as endorsing or ignoring her predecessors' actions.
    Unfortunately it is because she was not democratically elected and enjoyed special status just because of her predecessors. What if German appoint a good relative of Hitler as honorary führer . Will you give the same argument.
    The notion that because everything humans do is imperfect no human accomplishment or endeavor can be celebrated or admired, often afflicts people in their teens.

Many grow out of it, some don't.

Best of luck to ya.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().