Tierlist of Units in CoN

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PaskalSF wrote:

KoopKoopyGuy wrote:

PaskalSF wrote:

Units Tierlist

my-image.png
      I don't like this, this is terrible and hurts my brain.
      First of all: SINCE WHEN NATIONAL GUARDS SHOULD BE CLASSIFIED AS GREAT??!!
      Yes, they are perfect at handling cities but, SERIOUSLY, classifying them as great is a pain in the ass, i think they should be classified as decent or good AS THEY ARE TERRIBLE IN ADVANCING AGAINST OTHER UNITS! (Not talking about insurgents here.)

Second: Since when towed artillery is classified as BAD?? Towed artillery is perfect for small countries and very good for offline defenses or as a support unit (AND THAT IS IT'S FUNCTION!)

Third: Frigates should NEVER be classified as GREAT, (I have to confess that i use them too to make heavy air defense covers in important cities as long as with SAM turrets.) AND when the days pass and players get stronger ships, they become almost USELESS in ship by ship COMBAT! They should be classified as good or decent.
      their fast and can occupy lands fast, if ur playing large nation it is must use, also ur argument about Frigates is subjective, yes they do claim air power in navy, but if ur using a captain and some other naval units it wont be much of a problem, in the recent updates u can avoid cruise missiles, so Frigates are decent, artillery is no use, especially in lands, it has no air defense, if a strike fighter sees it, then its wiped out. artillery = early game.
      Same thing with tanks, they are also wiped out by strike fighters, and national guards should not be used for ADVANCING, if they meet a troop, then their fate is met. They are made for handling cities and are focused in defenses.

Your logic of argument is: Artillery is bad cuz it can be defeated by strike fighters, but i can say the same about tanks even though they are good against hard targets and not hard targets.
      It doesn't change that artillery is good for small nations and for offline defenses, does that mean that tanks are trash or bad if they can get annihilated by Strike Fighters?

About Frigates, it's like when a guy says that a hammer alone can build a house, but when the man gets questioned, he starts talking about that they can be used with screw diggers so they are effective, do you get what i say now?

If Frigates are good with a certain type of unit, then why the hell didn't you explain it from the start already?
      National Guards Should Not Be Underestimated 8)

The post was edited 3 times, last by KoopKoopyGuy ().

• my-image.png
      Here is my list, based primarily on cost-effectiveness. Keep in mind that some units, such as the corvette, may be listed higher than expected due to their usefulness in the early game.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

my-image.png
      Here is my list, based primarily on cost-effectiveness. Keep in mind that some units, such as the corvette, may be listed higher than expected due to their usefulness in the early game.
      Compared to other lists, this is the one that i have to agree the most with.

Except for the national guard, they are awesome but not that great in some areas.

(Considering that they are good and cheap.)
    • TheShinwacker wrote:

This is my list, like Aeneas it is based of of cost. As well as effectiveness, things I like to use, and what units I would use.

my-image.png
      im surprised so many ppl put armor like acv or afv into the same category as cruisers or awacs
      imo they should be separate because for example cruisers are pretty great, especially as long as they have range advantage
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • TheShinwacker wrote:

This is my list, like Aeneas it is based of of cost. As well as effectiveness, things I like to use, and what units I would use.

my-image.png
      Hey babies, now i will start rating tier lists!!!

I agree with 98% of the units there, but..

I still don't get why everyone is rating tanks as "Trash" or "Not worth it." I thought they were great??
    • KoopKoopyGuy wrote:

TheShinwacker wrote:

my-image.png

I still don't get why everyone is rating tanks as "Trash" or "Not worth it." I thought they were great??
      how about a tier list about tier lists?
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • This is my list, like Aeneas it is based of of cost. As well as effectiveness, things I like to use, and what units I would use.

Teburu wrote:

KoopKoopyGuy wrote:

how about a tier list about tier lists?

Sure thing, i just need a trash tier list :thumbup:
    • KoopKoopyGuy wrote:

I don't think tanks are worth it, to expensive. I'd rather save the components to build aircraft and ships
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• KFGauss wrote:

This sort of conversation will always fail to reach a useful conclusion because CoN isn't a one-dimensional game and it's units' values / importances can't be measured correctly using a one-dimensional ranking.

You might as well ask, "Which is more useful, a fish or a bicycle?"
      If someone can clearly convince me which is better, then my guy, you are the best among humans.
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • KoopKoopyGuy wrote:

I think it has been mentioned in other posts, but melee in general is bad. Melee that can't even conquer? Worse. Melee that has 0 air defense? Pure garbage.
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.
    • *Discrepancies: I base this on the effectiveness of their specializations and the amount of danger they can be on any given map. I consider every unit to have a usage that can be used to great effect by great players.
      **Cost is not considered btw if I was going to it would just be national guard on top lol**
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      *MAA is low alongside melee units because there are options simply far better than it in its class of "Anti-Air". I couldn't put it in the same category as ASFs.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      *Stealth Aircraft is inherently S-Tier. I was going to give special forces the class of S but turned them down to A by virtue of being melee. I would be willing to put them in S with a little convincing.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      *I consider UAVs to be A-tier only because they *can* acquire stealth and become great assets in scouting other stealth units like spec-ops. I would place SUAV as S-tier simply for that ability. *No picture for it though*.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      *Willing to give marine infantry a chance to be in B-tier cause of its damage output in cities but I chose not to because they don't get range like moto and can't spam as good as nat guard.*Mech inf has decent AA dmg and high HP*
      contierlistgrandinquisitor.png
    • Flat Stanley wrote:

Teburu wrote:

lol no

terrible tierlist

only thing it shows is that you dont know shit about con
      agreed
      national guard is trash unit

how do you make one of these
      National guard is not really that trash, they have 50% defense bonus for cities and are good enough to deal with insurgents and external agression, still, it doesn't change that it is terrible in operating invasions and counter attacks against other real units.
    • KoopKoopyGuy wrote:

Flat Stanley wrote:

Teburu wrote:

lol no

terrible tierlist

only thing it shows is that you dont know shit about con
      agreednational guard is trash unit

how do you make one of these
      National guard is not really that trash, they have 50% defense bonus for cities and are good enough to deal with insurgents and external agression, still, it doesn't change that it is terrible in operating invasions and counter attacks against other real units.
      well, they are just chicken feed for strike fighter/heli gunship
      "El experto en todos fue una vez un bêginara"

"You didn't see me sneak under the door" :evil: :evil: