Game mode: World War 3+

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hey google - "do territories count as countries"

"A dependent territory is commonly distinguished from a country subdivision by being considered not to be a constituent part of a sovereign state. An administrative subdivision, instead, is understood to be a division of a state proper."

Thank you google.

Hey google - "Is a territory considered a country"

"In most countries, a territory is an organized division of an area that is controlled by a country but is not formally developed into, or incorporated into, a political unit of the country that is of equal status to other political units that may often be referred to by words such as "provinces" or "regions" or "states ..."

Thank you google.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Serval33 wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Objection!

If you want a 1:1 scale there's other countries you have to fit in or a country like Ethiopia will look huge if it has Somalia.
      Alright, 1:1 map size is off the table. All other suggestions remain.
      Boys... we gottem 'wooooh yesssss!'
      So if the 1:1 is "off the table" if defeats the purpose of this thread so I'm going to take it down in a second.

oop sorry sorry I was impercenating xXWOLFXx.

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Serval33 wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Objection!

If you want a 1:1 scale there's other countries you have to fit in or a country like Ethiopia will look huge if it has Somalia.
      Alright, 1:1 map size is off the table. All other suggestions remain.
      Boys... we gottem 'wooooh yesssss!'
      So if the 1:1 is "off the table" if defeats the purpose of this thread so I'm going to take it down in a second.
      oop sorry sorry I was impercenating xXWOLFXx.

But it doesn't defeat the purpose of this thread. The map size is not a big deal. It can be upscaled by a factor of 2 or greater, it doesn't have to be upscaled to 1:1. The increase in the number of cities, size of the armed forces and resources is what's important here.
    • Zozo001 wrote:

Serval33 wrote:

No need to add all of that complex stuff.
      Making a map that contains 193 countries, with any attempt of balancing them, cannot be anything but very complex.And it would be far from realistic, anyways, as the actual countries have vastly differing economic and military potential.
      I dont think that "balance" should be took in consideration here; you cant get Cuba or Mexico and expect to be at the same level of USA or Germany, and so on. And that should be the fun of it, the "realism" if you will, just like in the regular WW3 map, just in a bigger scale. Well, until someone in Dorado starts thinking that the money isn't running-in enough and decides to remove some cities to "tweak" the game a little
    • Serval33 wrote:

Required rank for entry: Rank 10 or above.

Player count: 64

Cities: The amount of cities every country has in the normal WW3 game mode multiplied by 5. Example: USA has 9 cities in WW3, in this 1:1 game mode it would have 45 cities

Map: Upscaled to 1:1. It should take several days to cross oceans, not just one or two days.

Resources: Keep the resources per city exactly the same.

Research: Increase research costs to appropriate values. Or it can be kept the same. Even with the greater amount of resources, good research decisions must still be made for effective play since they require time.

Gold: Set the gold costs to appropriate values, whatever works out for the devs.
      Excuse me? 45?
    • TheGENOC1D3R wrote:

And that should be the fun of it, the "realism" if you will, just like in the regular WW3 map, just in a bigger scale.
      There'd be no fun whatsoever in seeing the one (or two-three at most) superpower trounce militarily negligible opponents, windshield-vs-fly style.

This is vastly different from the regular WW3 map (or any, for that matter). Most countries have a decent chance ingame (notwithstanding all the recent crying about 5 cities versus 6). This would not be the case in any scenario approaching reality.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • Jim Lake wrote:

Just… make an alliance and play able archer. It is a very fun game mode and probably my favorite by far but 45 (honeland) cities (hell even 20 would be) is a lot. It is overwhelming for very experienced players. Not sure you’d see any 64 player maps that aren’t inactive besides a couple players after day 2.
      Able Archer is great. The "Able Archer experience" should be brought to the WW3 game mode. That's kinda the point of my thread.

I think the inactive player problem would be partially solved with the required rank for entry. Which is 10 or above. Most inactive players are either "users" or newbs.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Serval33 ().

• We need a N.A.T.O. vs Russia experience, when have a whole alliance against Russia.

Russia will have the old 11 cities and the full Russia. We'll have the original full U.S and Canada with their original cities they had.

Russia has 50 Nuclear and 10 chemicals and 20 conventional nukes, and 7 nuke launchers.

N.A.T.O combines all 60 Nuclear and 15 chemical and 20 conventional nukes, but only 4 missile launchers (3 of them are in the U.S homeland)

Russia also has 2x more troops and tanks than N.A.T.O. (110 troops and 50 tanks)

N.A.T.O has all of (55 troops and 25 tanks)

Russia has also some help from half of the homeland China and some of Arabia.

• TheGENOC1D3R wrote:

Zozo001 wrote:

Serval33 wrote:

No need to add all of that complex stuff.
      Making a map that contains 193 countries, with any attempt of balancing them, cannot be anything but very complex.And it would be far from realistic, anyways, as the actual countries have vastly differing economic and military potential.
      I dont think that "balance" should be took in consideration here; you cant get Cuba or Mexico and expect to be at the same level of USA or Germany, and so on. And that should be the fun of it, the "realism" if you will, just like in the regular WW3 map, just in a bigger scale. Well, until someone in Dorado starts thinking that the money isn't running-in enough and decides to remove some cities to "tweak" the game a little
      yeah, i don't get why mongolia has a better chance then north korea at winning in ww3
      "El experto en todos fue una vez un bêginara"

"You didn't see me sneak under the door" :evil: :evil:

• -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Update on Able Archer 2v2 (24hr, 1x version)

My teammate is inactive and my opponent's teammate(Central NATO) is a noob so the playing field is level. My opponent is KingSuper(NATO Atlantic, #1 on the current season's leaderboard). Day 3: I've pushed into Scandinavia, a little bit into Central Europe and have taken half of Turkey. I've taken control of all of the seas and the Atlantic ocean. Most of their ships and a lot of their ground forces/aircraft have been destroyed. I'm about to complete the "research" of ballistic missiles. I will have ballistic missiles ready to fire into the US the next day. Almost all of my subs have left the shallow seas and are now where they belong, in the deep ocean. Judging by the casualty ratios and the provinces/cities taken, I'm winning. I've used every single unit at my disposal in a proper way, to the best of their capabilities as if they were in a normal game. I even saved a few lvl 1 fighter squadrons from getting eliminated. My opponent however, seems to be slacking off and overstacking his units, for "simplification" purposes I suspect. I expected a "little more" challenge from the number 1 player in the entire game.