Advice

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I totally agree with you.
      Imagine if players in your favorite sports team said publicly "we just play for fun. We don't play to win"
      I suspect thousands of fans would call for those players to be fired or call for them to resign. And agree with you that it doesn't make any sense when people say they play for fun and not necessarily to win.
      The main goal of any game is to win. The fun part is just a byproduct. Many games are fun but that should not be the main reason to play.
    • scott steiner wrote:

I totally agree with you.
      Imagine if players in your favorite sports team said publicly "we just play for fun. We don't play to win"
      I suspect thousands of fans would call for those players to be fired or call for them to resign. And agree with you that it doesn't make any sense when people say they play for fun and not necessarily to win.
      The main goal of any game is to win. The fun part is just a byproduct. Many games are fun but that should not be the main reason to play.
      The analogy is off. CoN is the equivalent of some guys coming together to play some basketball. Yes, they generally wanna win, but most of them just wanna have fun.
      Being in the mentality of pro sports is for alliance v alliance. Competetive matches with a rank attached to it.

And you're wrong on that last sentence. Your main reason to play every game should be fun. If you only play to win youre gonna get A) frustrated and B) burned out.
    • If the game is only fun when its competetive, then look for competetive games and don't play the casual modes.
      Look for a good alliance and do stuff with them.

But telling people to treat a browsergame like its something serious is the wrong approach.
      You don't start a basketball game with your friends and then flame them for not playing like people who do that for a living.
    • Playing for competitive is stressful, uuuh, an lot of weight on your shoulder to not f up.

Playing for fun usualy gives you a better open mind set of what's going on, and not the ptsd of f-ing up
      Playing for fun and co-operation can give you better team building skills, as being competitive all the time just gives you mental issues sometimes.

Just depends on the person at hand.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris