Helicopter suggestions to make it more appealing to people

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Helicopter suggestions to make it more appealing to people

As it stands for air to ground targets strikers are just better for mostly all maps from start to finish. Faster and travel further with a balanced attack vs both hard and soft while taking less damage. The dps goes up for fixed wing due to the speed they are traveling at which is a 50% increase vs helicopters at level 1. Not going to go into that gunships use supplies which is different or that sams cant hit them and most radars can't see them or they can go straight on to a carrier.

My suggestion to make helicopters more appealing to me to use and make them alot more different to fixed wing would be:

1. Reduce the time it takes to research them - Gunships could be 30 minutes for level 1
      2. Reduce electronics on all of them to build by 30%
      3. Reduce timers to build them by 4 hours
      4. Make Gunship and Attack need airbase 1 and arms 1 to build and ASW airbase 1, arms 1 and navel 2
      5. Give gunship helicopter eastern doctrine more damage vs soft by 20% like western has 20% for attack

Strikers will still be an end game unit for air to ground attacks and helicopters will be more of a early game unit. Helicopters are still bad against other early game units like ASF and mobile AA and you can still use other early game units for damage like corvettes, mobile artillery, tanks or save for strikers.

Note: even if you think Helicopters are better then strikers for air to ground damage, this is just to increase people building helicopters.
    • I think that instead of reducing electronics, it would be better to split cost requirement for all helicopters between components and supplies. 70/30 for HG and 30/70 for AH, keep electronics same.

Not sure if reducing built time makes sense.

The research time for HG maybe a good idea. That would completely change the early game dynamic, no more infantry aggro, and would force people to invest into AF. Overall a more balanced start would be necessary. Keep damage split same regardless of doctrine for HG.
      If it looks stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If it looks stupid, it works, and it is also dangerous as hell, it is Russian.

• gamingguru wrote:

As it stands for air to ground targets strikers are just better for mostly all maps from start to finish. Faster and travel further with a balanced attack vs both hard and soft while taking less damage. The dps goes up for fixed wing due to the speed they are traveling at which is a 50% increase vs helicopters at level 1. Not going to go into that gunships use supplies which is different or that sams cant hit them and most radars can't see them or they can go straight on to a carrier.

. . .

Strikers will still be an end game unit for air to ground attacks and helicopters will be more of a early game unit. Helicopters are still bad against other early game units like ASF and mobile AA and you can still use other early game units for damage like corvettes, mobile artillery, tanks or save for strikers.

Note: even if you think Helicopters are better then strikers for air to ground damage, this is just to increase people building helicopters.
      Don't be surprised if researching the forum turns up opinions that disagree with yours.

The Thread that contains this post Attack helicopters vs Strike fighters is full of interesting opinions.
    • gamingguru wrote:

My suggestion to make helicopters more appealing to me to use and make them alot more different to fixed wing would be:

1. Reduce the time it takes to research them - Gunships could be 30 minutes for level 1
      2. Reduce electronics on all of them to build by 30%
      3. Reduce timers to build them by 4 hours
      4. Make Gunship and Attack need airbase 1 and arms 1 to build and ASW airbase 1, arms 1 and navel 2
      5. Give gunship helicopter eastern doctrine more damage vs soft by 20% like western has 20% for attack

I don't like the idea of needing a Naval Base to produce ASW Helis. These units are a good anti-navy unit for countries that don't have any coastal Homeland cities, so you'd be denying them at ability unless they Annexed a coastal city (and if they do that, they could just build ships anyway).

Other than that, I think your ideas are ok. For me, I prefer Gunships and Attack Helis to Strike Fighters anyway, but that's a personal preference.

I think reducing the relative costs of Helis Vs Planes is a sensible idea - both ASFs and SFs should be a shitload more expensive than they currently are anyway, in my opinion. I also think it's be good to bump ASFs up to L2 airbase, and give them and more normal research time instead of the 30 minutes. You could give Gunships the 30-minute research thing, but then I'd argue that Towed Artillery should get it as well if you do that.

On the other hand, I think SAMs should be brought down to a L2 Army Base, and Mobile AA should be a damnsight cheaper to build - like 800Supp/500Comps, or something similar).
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Just wait till Kurtvonstein shows up, then he will clearly explain why helis are better.
      Someone who has only used a Hammer; will clearly explain to you its better than a Screwdriver.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • They need some sort of base where they can refuel and rearm between sorties. You might as well call it an airbase.

They could change it so that different types of aircraft need certain levels of airbase in order to operate - like Heavies need level 3, Fighters need Level 2, Helis and Naval Fighters only need Level 1. But that might be a bit annoying, and they'd have to introduce new tiers for the provincial Airfields to allow for it.
    • pour les hélicoptères, le train peut être un tout oui en effet pour ne pas obliger de faire une base le train et une alternative il a juste besoin d'un lieu de rendez-vous .peut armée il doit rester tout te fois dans terrain conquis mais lui à la place avec ces camions pour le plein et réarmée les hélicoptères loin de leur basetéléchargement (5).jpg
      10 eme régiment :thumbsup:
    • david roro wrote:

pour les hélicoptères, le train peut être un tout oui en effet pour ne pas obliger de faire une base le train et une alternative il a juste besoin d'un lieu de rendez-vous .peut armée il doit rester tout te fois dans terrain conquis mais lui à la place avec ces camions pour le plein et réarmée les hélicoptères loin de leur basetéléchargement (5).jpg
      sir

this is english forum sir
      "El experto en todos fue una vez un bêginara"

"You didn't see me sneak under the door" :evil: :evil:
    • I don't even use helicopters that much, it's just.. overwhelming to me.

You need to get 2 different helicopters to annihilate all the types of ground units, while the strike fighter alone can do this work.

I don't think they are a very good unit at all, just.. medium?

But making helicopters spammable and EVEN more than national guards isn't a very good thing for me.
      National Guards Should Not Be Underestimated 8)
    • ..Please, speak english, i don't know if you can't just use google translator to communicate in english language but i don't like having the immense hard work translating the texts that you write.

This argument is decisive, but why would you lose time searching 2 type of Helis that may take 2 - 3 days to start being producted when you can get strong strike fighters that have the same function in one unit??

Plus, SF has better range, speed while the Helis have a bad range and are not recommended for certain countries like Russia.

It's literally cheaper than the 2 helicopters combined, i can't deny both Heli and SF require electronics to be produced, though it gets much more expensive to get the 2 Helis.

This argument will never reach a agreement since it's probably just a opinion between me and you.
      National Guards Should Not Be Underestimated 8)

The post was edited 5 times, last by KoopKoopyGuy ().

• Ok folks. heres this.
      You actually don’t have to make the atk chopper and the Gunship heli, you can make one. But anyways, if you do both, usually get atk choppers at day 7-10.

So heres the thing…litterally nothing counters helis other than MaA that be annoying and ASf. But almost everything counters SF from ASF , to Frigates to MAA (early game) and SAMs. And basically As helicopters, they are supposed to be CAS not CAP while fighters are supposed to be CAP not CAS
      CAP : combat air patrol
      CAS : close air support
      So with a ASF and GH stack early fame, you are pretty much going to defeat the enemy SF ASF stack by sheer numbers and better HP altogether, where the GH protect the ASF from plane to plane damage so it can fight longer , and the ASF protects the GHs from ground damage (reduce damage received)

SF is more beginner friendly and is all in all easier to use. More flexible and well, its a dual purpose aircraft with deep strike capabilities.

Heli strat is more advanced and needs good strategy and thinking ahead to counter enemies. This strategy works really well in the hands of a good player.