Navy is Overrated

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bams69 wrote:

I play Indonesia exclusively and can say with confidence that if circumstances bring your country into my crosshairs and you have even just one homeland city with a port... Ill got you.
      And a landlocked nation that doesn't feel the need for a navy hasn't had a properly defended Island Nation standing in their way of victory. Rocket Launchers and Frigate combination with theater defense system added later in campaign will repel anything less than a D day commitment level of invasion. To help offset cost i save resources needed for the research, buildings, hardware and production required to launch missles and only invest in shooting them down. Negating their investment in dev, production and however many missles defeated.
      Using that fundamental strategy, with a little balance and the ability to adjust slightly according to opponent variables has proven highly successful.<span style="font-size: 20.24px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1);"> And it's benefits truly excell when placed in an unselfish team environment. With an early naval advantage i have the ability to eliminate top threats and feed on nations with the philosophy that navy is overrated. This leaves my coalition members free to gain VP.
      you know that navy stays in very specific spots in the ocean and I can just avoid them? You'll be vulnurable to naval invasions if the player know how to do it
    • Bams69 wrote:

"Barely makes any damage to ground units"... as i sip my coffee barely bombarding infrastructure and resources back to day 1... barely reducing resource production and population levels as i check the baseball scores and enjoy my lunch... barely sit offshore your homeland protected in no a no fly zone while catching the latest episode of Rick and Morty.
      ROCSMH
      (Relaxing on couch shaking my head)
      i didn't say infraestructure... i said ground units. you know the infantry the tanks all of that good stuff. And to those yeah barely makes any damg. Can be a whole night bombarding and i only lose like 2 or 3 units most of the time
    • So it's strategy and the difference in our definitions of "the good stuff". Personally my homeland is sacred and everything else is bait. "The good stuff" you know. The assets responsible for a majority of the resources you used to place those useless stacks within range of navy. And your production capacity. You know, "Infrastructure". Because regardless of time, without resources and Infrastructure how are you going to replace all "the good stuff" that either has option to remain I position and pad my k/d ratio or vacate for my awaiting 1 infantry to occupy.
      But these scenarios only address my capacity to come to you with relative ease. Please offer your strategy if an Island Nation stands between your and victory and tasked with taking him out?
    • And the reasoning that navy is only in one spot and can just be avoided assumes your opponent cares where your deployed units are. The only places my navy needs to be are my homeland and the homeland of my intended target. Usually anyone not an ally showing the intent to focus on navy lol.
      The more accurate question might not be if or not Navy is overrated so much as poorly utilized.
    • Burzerke wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Burzerke wrote:

This kd says otherwise...
      a k/d is not an argument.
      Except all but 13 of those kills were on water because everyone thought they could send troops to my country without defensive transportation...so 54 free kills for a couple of corvettes...def not overrated.
      There’s a difference between „overrated“ and „useless“

people feeding transports into corvettes is one of the reasons navy isnt useless.
      still way too overrated tho.

and no, a picture of k/d is still not an argument; especially when you fail to elaborate on it
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

and no, a picture of k/d is still not an argument; especially when you fail to elaborate on it
      I actually have a K/D of 20694, so therefore I am immortal and everyone must listen to what I say. All other opinions are irrelevant.
      "War does not determine who is right; only who is left."

Always strive to be better
      Don't try and be the best
      A better world is always within out fingertips
      But Utopia just causes more stress.