By day 5, what are your usual units?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• KoopKoopyGuy wrote:

Don't you think that's TOO much national guards..?
      Na - still making more & I never level them past lvl 1 either. But even 31 is not a drain on resources. They allow me to fight on multiple fronts so I spray them out like mosquitoes. By day 5 I'm not relying on melee, I just need something to capture & garrison. They distract, harass & do the job cheaper & faster than anything else. Before day 5 they provide damage mitigation & since they insta-heal if they win their first battle, I don't have to waste time healing them in the coast. They're great.
    • japan samurai wrote:

I think his trolling. Depending on the nation he gets, that means his spamming NGs all day long…
      How do you get the economy to do that? 30/6=5. That means that for each day, you waste 2350 supplies on them, building 5 of those.
      How do you find the resources to build arms, lvl 2 airbases, and so on?
      Simple, I don't overbuild. Just the minimum needed. Only built 4 Rec office's & 4 Arms Industries all level 1. A lvl 1 bunker in each city to keep morale rising/defense, 1 lvl 2 port, 1 lvl 2 hospital and 2 lvl 2 airbases. That's it for 7 cities on day 6. You have more than enough starting resources + some off market to build that & have tons spare.

On average it's 5 NG a day yes, so 2000 supplies/day. Completely doable when not overbuilding at the start + fast expansion. And 1 captured supply city pays daily upkeep for 10 NG's. Current supplies is 5k/day so could easily double NG production if it weren't for manpower & money slowing me down. Expanding to now 40 cities by day 6 gives me all the economy I need to keep building. I don't view that as a waste.
    • japan samurai wrote:

Since when did NGs insta heal? What nonsense are you spouting? NGs are super weak, any armoured can roll over then as if they are useless
      Clearly 31 NGs would have meant you spent : 12k supplies on them, easy troops to die. And then you can still build lvl 1 Airbases and lvl 2 airbases to get yourself 4AsF and 2-3 EAA.
      How do you even get enough Electronics.
      Only found out about it the other day so tested it. If NG's are in a stack that wins their first encounter, they auto heal to 100%. I've just seen this work in game. Just try it yourself.

Yes they're super weak on the offensive. In early days, they merge with starting mot infantry to provide damage mitigation & to auto heal. After day 5 or so, I don't use them to fight. Just to capture & garrison. For that specific purpose they are the most efficient. I would never use NG's in an offensive past the first few days because they are weak like you said & I don't rely on melee anyway. Those 31 NG's are still alive & well don't worry :).

In terms of the build stuff, like I said in previous post, I don't overbuild at the start + market orders for electronics + fast expansion: and I scrape those ASF's/EAA through.
    • Before this thread gets back to listing Day 5 units - I'll notice that any investment in Arms Industries is only barely starting to pay off on Day 5 (I forget the exact break-even points).

I think the last few posts here show that there is more than one way to skin a cat (I'm assuming that xovault doesn't lose every game he/she joins ;) )
    • xovault wrote:

japan samurai wrote:

Since when did NGs insta heal? What nonsense are you spouting? NGs are super weak, any armoured can roll over then as if they are useless
      Clearly 31 NGs would have meant you spent : 12k supplies on them, easy troops to die. And then you can still build lvl 1 Airbases and lvl 2 airbases to get yourself 4AsF and 2-3 EAA.
      Only found out about it the other day so tested it. If NG's are in a stack that wins their first encounter, they auto heal to 100%. I've just seen this work in game. Just try it yourself.
      Yes they're super weak on the offensive. In early days, they merge with starting mot infantry to provide damage mitigation & to auto heal. After day 5 or so, I don't use them to fight. Just to capture & garrison. For that specific purpose they are the most efficient. I would never use NG's in an offensive past the first few days because they are weak like you said & I don't rely on melee anyway. Those 31 NG's are still alive & well don't worry :).

In terms of the build stuff, like I said in previous post, I don't overbuild at the start + market orders for electronics + fast expansion: and I scrape those ASF's/EAA through.
      You mean they actually heal if they win on the offensive? And not because the game causes you to lose a unit so that units HP is instantly spread among other units?
    • By day 5 I want ... something... simple

All my enemies eating out the palm of my hand!!!
      plankton-evil.gif
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • japan samurai wrote:

xovault wrote:

japan samurai wrote:

Only found out about it the other day so tested it. If NG's are in a stack that wins their first encounter, they auto heal to 100%. I've just seen this work in game. Just try it yourself.Yes they're super weak on the offensive. In early days, they merge with starting mot infantry to provide damage mitigation & to auto heal. After day 5 or so, I don't use them to fight. Just to capture & garrison. For that specific purpose they are the most efficient. I would never use NG's in an offensive past the first few days because they are weak like you said & I don't rely on melee anyway. Those 31 NG's are still alive & well don't worry :).

You mean they actually heal if they win on the offensive? And not because the game causes you to lose a unit so that units HP is instantly spread among other units?
      Yes they heal if they win on the offensive. If 1 NG at say 70% spawned health wins first battle -> HP goes to 100%. As far as I can tell this only works if they win their first engagement. It's a pretty important feature, should really be on the unit description. I just put them in a stack that based on the composition, no unit loss is expected in a melee. Healed one's then move out and new spawns cycle into the stack. Or just have arty/jets bomb an enemy stack until it's on deaths door, then let the NG's get the kill. If you manipulate your unit movement and positioning well, a crappy health spawned NG army can be operationally ready very quick. Later on, such manoeuvring can get tiresome, so I just plop a squad of new recruits next to a bunch of captured cities. When a city inevitably revolts, NG's are nearby to go in, kill, heal & move out.
    • xovault wrote:

KoopKoopyGuy wrote:

Na - still making more & I never level them past lvl 1 either. But even 31 is not a drain on resources. They allow me to fight on multiple fronts so I spray them out like mosquitoes. By day 5 I'm not relying on melee, I just need something to capture & garrison. They distract, harass & do the job cheaper & faster than anything else. Before day 5 they provide damage mitigation & since they insta-heal if they win their first battle, I don't have to waste time healing them in the coast. They're great.
      That's.. spamming, wasting too much resources in NGs is not a really good thing, strike fighters (just like many melee units) or armored can intercept them easily.

By making TOO much national guards that you say, it prevents you from building a stronger army compared to other players, yes, NGs have a good defense + 50% DEF bonus in cities, and very cheap, however the act of spamming NGs because they look great is similar to corvettes, they can launch missiles? Yes, but are the weakest ship class and can get intercepted by destroyers, frigates and cruisers easily.

But not upgrading them?... damn, that's a right and wrong thing at the same time.

First of all, national guards DO require upgrades to be stronger and effective with their 50% defense bonus, but spamming and upgrading them also creates a unecessary waste.

Now before you start harassing me, im not telling you to stop producing NGs, however, producing that HUGE amount of national guards is not good, i would recommend you to reduce this.

But if you don't want to, then it's not my problem.
      National Guards Should Not Be Underestimated 8)
    • KoopKoopyGuy wrote:

xovault wrote:

KoopKoopyGuy wrote:

That's.. spamming, wasting too much resources in NGs is not a really good thing, strike fighters (just like many melee units) or armored can intercept them easily.

By making TOO much national guards that you say, it prevents you from building a stronger army compared to other players, yes, NGs have a good defense + 50% DEF bonus in cities, and very cheap, however the act of spamming NGs because they look great is similar to corvettes, they can launch missiles? Yes, but are the weakest ship class and can get intercepted by destroyers, frigates and cruisers easily.

But not upgrading them?... damn, that's a right and wrong thing at the same time.

First of all, national guards DO require upgrades to be stronger and effective with their 50% defense bonus, but spamming and upgrading them also creates a unecessary waste.

Now before you start harassing me, im not telling you to stop producing NGs, however, producing that HUGE amount of national guards is not good, i would recommend you to reduce this.

But if you don't want to, then it's not my problem.

I've never produced this much before - usually around 10 or so. I just wanted to test an NG spam + ASF + EAA start. This mass spam strat may not work if you're surrounded by good active players like you allude to. At minimum, they would slow everything down for one, because the EAA's would be the only punch I'd have & they'd be spread thin. Then again a mass invasion of NG's, is going to be problematic for the other player who now has numerous targets to engage & can get distracted from protecting his cities.

But in pub games, surrounded by inactives and low activity low rank players, it fits because it allows you to capture territory as fast as possible. If you're not immediately up against strong opposition, I don't think you need to focus immediately on stronger units. Rushing an economy boost through conquest seems preferable. So spamming this much depends on context. This is the case in my current game, where I also have close coalition members and no immediate threats. Priority then is just mass accumulation of land. Under these conditions, this has worked. 56 cities will be conquered by day 8 with now 38 NG's. Then I can consolidate and start build on MRL's/SAM's etc with an economy that far outpaces everyone else. P.S. Don't need to upgrade NG's because I don't rely on them for homeland defense. Their main role is just to capture/garrison.
    • KFGauss wrote:

xovault wrote:

56 cities will be conquered by day 8 with now 38 NG's.
      That's impossible - According to everything I've read here, you're making big mistakes. Therefore you must be losing (Maybe you are losing and you just don't know it yet =O )
      ;)
      It's not impossible. Current = 46 cities with NG's timed to hit another 10 by end of day. I'm not a complete noobie. Rank 48, 18 games - 89% win rate. 11 K/D (If any of that really matters anyway) But If I'm making mistakes, happy to hear them. Always want to learn.
      Files
      • 1.jpg

(522.55 kB, downloaded 13 times, last: )
      • 2.jpg

(105.87 kB, downloaded 11 times, last: )
      • 3.jpg

(117.3 kB, downloaded 9 times, last: )
    • commander_alb wrote:

Guys, so no-one of you start building artillery?? This is actually the fist unit I research and then place it at the door of any city I want to conquer in order to minimize losses.

Anyway, I'm very surprised by the amount of units you manage to have in just 5 days. I usually focus on growing the economy and limit troops losses
      no.
      Like unless you do that you’re gonna need a ton of ASF to protect your Arty from air threats and make sure they hit hard enough to prevent units from rushing you too quickly