Halloween

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This isnt con related, but I'm just curious... what are everyone's ways of celebrating Halloween? I know people around the world celebrate in different ways, so I'm just curious about other Halloween traditions.
      For example in my city we light pumpkins and turnips on fire the night before halloween. It makes a, 'unique' scent...
      Bolje dijamant sa manom nego kamenčić bez nje
    • Marth wrote:

This isnt con related, but I'm just curious... what are everyone's ways of celebrating Halloween? I know people around the world celebrate in different ways, so I'm just curious about other Halloween traditions.
      For example in my city we light pumpkins and turnips on fire the night before halloween. It makes a, 'unique' scent...
      mostly people trick o treat, but its pretty cold where im at so people drive there kids or they stick to small areas, so i always give full size candy
      I may or may not exist
    • I'm turning 13 next year so this is gonna be my last childish halloween. (as my dad said)

Trick r treating, watch horror movies, and carve pumpkins.
      download (25).jpeg
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Destroyer 4 ().

• Scream Franchise!
      images (6).jpeg

Nothing like a horror movie that does the same thing over and over and over, with new technology.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • Marth wrote:

This isnt con related, but I'm just curious... what are everyone's ways of celebrating Halloween? I know people around the world celebrate in different ways, so I'm just curious about other Halloween traditions.
      I like to go out in town with my friends and scare off all the kids that think it's okay to steal candy off porches and vandalize decorations. Such a fun time. I usually bring my drone as well and can use the FLIR feature on it to completely catch them in the act Such fun times. I honestly cannot wait to do it again. We all start making our homemade gille suits at home around this time so we can find hideouts in the bushes around town so they don't know we are there till it's too late. lol
      "America without her soldiers is like God without his angels."
      "A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
      "In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons."

• My halloween plans:
      • Watch a scary movie
      • Check into my CoN WWZ round(s)
      • Repeat
      Edit: maybe that's not my actual plan, but I guess I'm getting pumped for WWZ to start. This weekend me and my neighbors decorated the outside of our houses, we put up lights and some fake spiderwebs. @Flat Stanley I am also into the Michael Meyers series... can't wait for Halloween Ends to come out.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

My halloween plans:
      • Watch a scary movie
      • Check into my CoN WWZ round(s)
      • Repeat

That's the general in ya! The grind never ends.
      "A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

• BlackStarMedia wrote:

Marth wrote:

I like to go out in town with my friends and scare off all the kids that think it's okay to steal candy off porches and vandalize decorations. Such a fun time. I usually bring my drone as well and can use the FLIR feature on it to completely catch them in the act Such fun times. I honestly cannot wait to do it again. We all start making our homemade gille suits at home around this time so we can find hideouts in the bushes around town so they don't know we are there till it's too late. lol

If only we had the halloween swat team in our town lol

My plans this halloween is the following

- Watch Scary Movies With Friends

- Sit outside houses and do some jumpscares haha. Feel so guilty and have so much fun at the same time on that one xD At least im teaching em how to jump high

- Rest is just me and my friends doing random things for the rest of the day lol
    • The thing is, I think what the OP was trying to say is that Halloween is celebrated differently around the world, since different cultures merged their tranditions when Halloween (an Irish holiday) was introduced to them.

The term "scary" has different meanings across different cultures as well. For example, dark horror (see image below) is entertaining to me, but other cultures might consider it biasphemous and terrifying.

I know that in many countries, there's a practice known as Trick or Treating where children go to neighbor's houses and ask for candy, but in certain parts of Czechia there's a tradition called házení cukroví, where adults throw candy in the air and the children have to catch as much as they can.

Many movies in the Western world use haunted houses or mansions as the setting. In certain Eastern countries, including Romania, Hungary and Croatia, these places actually exist.

Also, many Halloween traditions also incorporate doctoring a fruit/vegetable. In the United States that vegetable is usually a pumpkin, but in Ireland they use turnips.

Anyway, have a fun and safe October month!

dark unicorn.png
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • In here we celebrate halloween in our homes and we also invite some friends, since some roads can be dangerous.

My plans are:

Steal candy.
      Steal candy.
      Steal candy.

We make some nice games or either play video games, sometimes there is also nice cakes.

And sometimes we make public parties with great fantasies, giving candies for free to degustation purposes, the roads get very agitated in these days.

But my country has no original tradition, each family decides what they want to do for it, like a party, inviting close ones to their home and much more.

Trick or threating however, can be very dangerous in my country as it's criminality rate in some areas are very high, and neighbours can take advantage of this to do illegal things.
      National Guards Should Not Be Underestimated 8)
    • KFGauss wrote:

@Tifo_14 - What part of the USA is the Czech Republic in?

Surely every other part of the planet celebrates holidays the same way we do here in the USA.

Did the world even exist before 250 years ago?
      It is no longer the Czech Republic, it is called Czechia. It is also a country, but I think you were just being sarcastic.

• KFGauss wrote:

@Tifo_14 - What part of the USA is the Czech Republic in?

Surely every other part of the planet celebrates holidays the same way we do here in the USA.

Did the world even exist before 250 years ago?
      The views of an average incompetent American
      "El experto en todos fue una vez un bêginara"

"You didn't see me sneak under the door" :evil: :evil: