Yugoslavia in Cold War map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yugoslavia in Cold War map

Hi everyone ;)

So I am in a cold war game round as Yugoslavia and I have noticed several localization/province name errors for the country, especially in the Bosnia region. As I am from this area I would be happy to provide correct names for these provinces. I know some of them have the English translation of the name instead of the actual name of the city/village.

Great map btw :thumbsup:
      Bolje dijamant sa manom nego kamenčić bez nje
    • Marth wrote:

Hi everyone ;)

So I am in a cold war game round as Yugoslavia and I have noticed several localization/province name errors for the country, especially in the Bosnia region. As I am from this area I would be happy to provide correct names for these provinces. I know some of them have the English translation of the name instead of the actual name of the city/village.

Great map btw :thumbsup:
      Perhaps you can tell me the correct names and I'll talk to the map dev about it! Can't promise he will change it but it's worth a try :thumbup:
    • There has none wrong on Yugoslavia Cold War Map.

Real Cold War Map. Early Cold War year, after WW2:

But there has some Soviet cities has error names, and several other issues; Nizhny Novgorod = Gorky, and St. Petersburg = Leningrad. Ukrainian SSR has Kharkov City is missing, it's importain City on this Cold War era, and Byelorussian SSR Flag has wrong type era in on playable screen, own units, and homeland cities has modern 2010 Belarus flag.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • Thanks for the support guys :)

For @xXWolfXx, the following are cities throughout Yugoslavia that probably should be on the map, but aren't:

Bela Krajina (Slovenia)
      Tešanj (Bosnia)
      Brčko (Bosnia)
      Lukavac (Bosnia)
      Torusčant (Croatia)
      Bela Rešisante (Serbia)
      Sanski Most (Bosnia)
      Travnik (Bosnia)
      Zvomik (Bosnia)
      Živinice (Bosnia)
      Cazin (Bosnia)
      Kraplej (Croatia)

Here is all that I could find. it's not a major issue, but it would help with the general localization errors in the game. Thanks!
    • xXWolfXx wrote:

Anytime. Yikes thats a lot. I now understand why some weren't added. Usually a country in CON will only have 5-7 cities so it's not overpowered with resources or production. 12 is too much for one country unfortunately. Apologies :(
      lol, those were just meant to be rural provinces, not cities...
    • Rozne Eltobliv wrote:

If we are taking about wrong spellings of provinces here, I would like to talk about the province "Haridwa" of India. The correct name is Haridwar. Many Indian friends have made fun of this since Haridwar means "Gate to God" but Haridwa means "Green Medicine" in Hindi.
      Anyway, just highlighting another small issue with a province name.
      Now Rozne, take your green medicine and like it.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD