Season 9: Progress Report

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Season 9: Progress Report

Greetings Commanders!

Can you hear that!? The channels are bursting with anticipation for the upcoming seasonal unit.
      Player curiosity creates frequent questions, we hear you, so here is a sneak-peak!

For the upcoming season, the Team was inspired to create something that will enhance and support combat, utilizing existing features in a new creative way. Keeping all perks in mind, players will have the opportunity to nail Naval and Air defense, while clearing the path to conquer the coast and reach new grounds.
      In Season 9 - Aircraft will reach new grounds, the sunken shall turn away, and projectiles will take to the skies!

As always, our approach is involving honorary members of the Community during the early development stages to make sure we are providing something wanted by the players.

As of right now, the Season 9 unit designs are being prepared for deployment to our internal Alpha environment, where internal testing officially begins.
      This usually takes approximately a week or two, depending on feedback and findings.

The moment we’re most looking forward to is the following stage: our Beta Testers getting their hands on the unit. Once the Unit is deployed to Beta, Community feedback is gathered and discussed.

In the coming weeks, we will drop tidbits of information and images on our social channels - so keep an eye on Discord, forums, etc!

In the meantime, you are encouraged to join the Season 9 discussion on our socials:
      Forum
      Discord
      Twitter
    • I guessed hypersonic missiles on a post last month. Winner winner chicken dinner; well level 1 might just be LRASM / Harpoons. But Elite missile only thing that can do what is quoted.

Probably:
      -- increase Range to 350 - 500 miles
      -- Speed increase to 12sp lvl1 (now at 8 hp way too slow) to 25 sp level 3
      -- Increase HP to 6 hp starting
      -- Should be radar sig of choppers as they hug the earth.

Would not really care about increased damage as getting through would be main advantage. Better practice with your stacked Frigs Boys ;-); as destroyers and cruisers already vulnerable to missiles.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Hypersonic-missile.jpg

The Pale Rider wrote:

I guessed hypersonic missiles on a post last month. Winner winner chicken dinner; well level 1 might just be LRASM / Harpoons. But Elite missile only thing that can do what is quoted.

Probably:

Would not really care about increased damage as getting through would be main advantage. Better practice with your stacked Frigs Boys ;-); as destroyers and cruisers already vulnerable to missiles.
      Except that neither LRASM or Harpoon are hypersonic missiles.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Rapt0ris ().

• Vulkrum wrote:

I fail to see how the new season unit will fix the bugs we have right now, especially because any kind of ranged unit suffers from the targeting problem. Fix that and then it will worth something, otherwise its just a new organ in a dying body.
      What is that bug?I'm new and couldnt catch on. BTW what happened to poturala and what had he done?
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

so did [cheat] other top 20.
      I agree that this is more than likely.
      But poturala was so obvious that players quickly proved it, beyond any reasonable doubt.
      Yet no official announcement came from Dorado, besides the nebulous "we are investigating" comment many weeks ago.
      Which is really striking, given all the fanfare they have been making about the season points leaderboard.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • Zozo001 wrote:

Funny how Dorado acts as if everyone has just forgotten the Poturala debacle...
      On the contrary actually - The player was investigated, had the Seasonal rewards removed, and received the necessary punishment which I will not get into.
      The player may still be showing as No.1 in the Seasonal leaderboard, however, the rewards were given to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place. We informed the Community about this change by editing the posts on our socials :)

Vulkrum wrote:

I fail to see how the new season unit will fix the bugs we have right now, especially because any kind of ranged unit suffers from the targeting problem. Fix that and then it will worth something, otherwise its just a new organ in a dying body.

Hey Vulkrum! I encourage you to report the Bugs you are referring to. The clearer details you include, the easier it will be for the Team to investigate.
      I also encourage you to join our Discord community, and send the Repro steps to one of our Beta testers, they will be happy to try and recreate what you experienced.

The Pale Rider wrote:

I guessed hypersonic missiles on a post last month. Winner winner chicken dinner; well level 1 might just be LRASM / Harpoons. But Elite missile only thing that can do what is quoted.

Probably:

You are flying very close to the sun here, but I will not highlight anything just yet :P
    • Aquela wrote:

For the upcoming season, the Team was inspired to create something that will enhance and support combat, utilizing existing features in a new creative way. Keeping all perks in mind, players will have the opportunity to nail Naval and Air defense, while clearing the path to conquer the coast and reach new grounds.

In Season 9 - Aircraft will reach new grounds, the sunken shall turn away, and projectiles will take to the skies!

It's sound a like 'Battleship' unit. Coastal area enemy infantry and armor units is wiped off it by battleship naval guns. and aircraft falling down to sea by CIWS bullet rains.

Battleship need alsos to ballictic missile and TDS launcher platform into ship too.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • istock-1385501568.jpg
      THIS CAN CHANGE WAR FOREVER! (or un-till the season ends)
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • NeilHammer wrote:

zombies, gods, and the unknown
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris