I'm curious to know the Balancing on officers research times?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm curious to know the Balancing on officers research times?

Why does the Infantry Officer and Naval Officer take much less time then the rest of the Officers and why does the Airborne Officer take the longest at triple the time from the lowest?

I can understand the thought process on the Infantry Officer if that's the bassline but I would like to be enlightened on how or why the others are currently at those times to research?

I checked the research costs, popularity and impacted of each officer and I can't get my head around it.
    • gamingguru wrote:

Why does the Infantry Officer and Naval Officer take much less time then the rest of the Officers and why does the Airborne Officer take the longest at triple the time from the lowest?

I can understand the thought process on the Infantry Officer if that's the bassline but I would like to be enlightened on how or why the others are currently at those times to research?

I checked the research costs, popularity and impacted of each officer and I can't get my head around it.
      Shhhhhhh. Only officer I build is Naval so its perfect as is.

But research time on getting an Officer least of worries in game.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

gamingguru wrote:

Shhhhhhh. Only officer I build is Naval so its perfect as is.
      But research time on getting an Officer least of worries in game.
      You're secret safe with me lol

You say research time doesn't matter but I'll show what can be done instead.

You can research Naval Officer and Destroyer + 3hours or make Airborne Officer

Max them both out and now the Naval officer saved 4 days and 18 hours, You only take 6 days and 7 hours 30 mins to max out National guards.

Is the Airborne Officer that much better then the Navel Officer?

The post was edited 1 time, last by gamingguru ().

• Admira G1 wrote:

Give them a taste of officers and if they want all of them right away or just as fast they’ll use gold
      Nah... Most officers not worth it and barely better than base units and if lose it your screwed. Only other besides Nav Officer may consider is air officer but its barely better than 1 EAA and 1 plane in a fleet of 20 - 25 isnt going to do much good.

- Inf officer still costs more than 4 Inf and worth about 1.5. But a inf ground game never winning a game.

- Airborne Officer - non starter as would only use airborne in mop up duty

- Tank commander still a tank...lol. Costs as much as 3 - 4 Tanks/TDs.

- Guess Chopper officer not bad for a chopper.

- Nav Officer basically like 3 Ship types (frig; dest; cruiser) in 1 and a game changer in naval combat. Major Benefit no Electronics to build and only requires Nav2 build. (More fire power than cruiser that requires nav4) And as OP stated extremely cheap/fast research tree.

- Sub officer worth about 1.25 attack subs but costs 3 x as much.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• The Pale Rider wrote:

Admira G1 wrote:

Give them a taste of officers and if they want all of them right away or just as fast they’ll use gold
      Nah... Most officers not worth it and barely better than base units and if lose it your screwed. Only other besides Nav Officer may consider is air officer but its barely better than 1 EAA and 1 plane in a fleet of 20 - 25 isnt going to do much good.
      - Inf officer still costs more than 4 Inf and worth about 1.5. But a inf ground game never winning a game.

- Nav Officer basically like 3 Ship types (frig; dest; cruiser) in 1 and a game changer in naval combat. Major Benefit no Electronics to build and only requires Nav2 build. (More fire power than cruiser that requires nav4) And as OP stated extremely cheap/fast research tree.

You are mostly right on your takes, but you couldn't be more wrong on the tank officer if you tried. Doesn't matter it's a tank when it can boost support units (ie artillery)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

Admira G1 wrote:

Nah... Most officers not worth it and barely better than base units and if lose it your screwed. Only other besides Nav Officer may consider is air officer but its barely better than 1 EAA and 1 plane in a fleet of 20 - 25 isnt going to do much good.- Inf officer still costs more than 4 Inf and worth about 1.5. But a inf ground game never winning a game.

You are mostly right on your takes, but you couldn't be more wrong on the tank officer if you tried. Doesn't matter it's a tank when it can boost support units (ie artillery)
      I dont fight like WW2. havnt had a ground war in 25 games.

Ask Russia how well tanks work in 21st century.

But if fighting a ground war id take my 4 tank destroyers over your tank officer.

The post was edited 2 times, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Tank Commander accompanying a bunch of Elite Railguns or the standard 3 SAMs 6 MRLs would be a pretty decent land bulldozer without a hard counter. Practically speaking tho, I don't think that stack is feasible until very late into a game. It's a very steep investment with very low mobility so unless you plays in a group settings with land-army role, I don't think he's going to be useful in any other scenario.
    • vynical wrote:

Tank Commander accompanying a bunch of Elite Railguns or the standard 3 SAMs 6 MRLs would be a pretty decent land bulldozer without a hard counter. Practically speaking tho, I don't think that stack is feasible until very late into a game. It's a very steep investment with very low mobility so unless you plays in a group settings with land-army role, I don't think he's going to be useful in any other scenario.
      but if have a stack of elite railguns... does officer really matter?

• The Pale Rider wrote:

vynical wrote:

Tank Commander accompanying a bunch of Elite Railguns or the standard 3 SAMs 6 MRLs would be a pretty decent land bulldozer without a hard counter. Practically speaking tho, I don't think that stack is feasible until very late into a game. It's a very steep investment with very low mobility so unless you plays in a group settings with land-army role, I don't think he's going to be useful in any other scenario.
      but if have a stack of elite railguns... does officer really matter?
      For argument's sake, Elite railguns (soft) counters are MRL outranging them and suiciding stacks of SFs/EEAs. The officer has speed boost to catch up to the MRL stack comfortably and damage boost to reduce the impact from the suiciding SFs/EEAs. Again, very remote usage case and might not ever happen for many of us but still, it's there.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

While i agree and have used him for that before (and its nice, the dmg boost and especially defense/speed helps a ton)
      it has some drawbacks, mainly that you need to research a tank if you want the officer above 4 i think it is
      so its more a really endgame upgrade than a valid strategy