Submarine Commander

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Submarine Commander

As I look through the officers, there's one that catches my eye: the Submarine Commander.

Most of the other officers are attributed to several unit types. For example, the Seasoned Veteran can be attributed to Mech. Infantry, Mot. Infantry, Marines, Spec. Forces, Nat. Guard, etc. But for the Sub Commander, they have only 2 (regular) units to be attributed to. So, as a player who doesn't overuse submarines (I will produce a couple, but almost never more than 5), I'm not sure if I should spend my resources on this research/production.

If there's anyone who has experience with this officer, does it really do much benefit to your sub stack? And do you think it's worth producing? I'm at a point in my game where I have the resources and availability to do this research, so I'm just wondering if it has merit.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

P.S. I might make him just cuz of the graphics ;)
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • I have never used submarine commanders and like you, I don't use subs much. But if you have the resources try it. Nearing the end of games I sometimes like to go crazy with my resources. Built seven aircraft carriers once, would have built more but the game ended:) So have fun if you have the resources to do so and who knows maybe you'll find something you like about it and you'll use subs and the sub commander more.
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• The big thing with the submarine commander is the speed boost. A attack submarine stack with officer is faster than any other naval stack out there. In the event of engaging a active player with surface vessels, being able to hit his ships with about 100 damage and then racing away untouched can be very decisive in a naval confrontation (submarines maxed out, sub commander level 4).

The tricky part is determining if you actually need such a specialized stack geared solely for deep water naval combat. Rarely will you encounter a foe that you cannot beat with a regular surface navy and/or NPBs.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • I do not really get what your issue is. There are only 2 types of subs, so ofc this is how many are affected by the officer.

OTOH while other categories have more types, one hardly ever does (or should) use more than 2 types in any given game.
      Having the theoretical possibility for including more types means nothing for the value of the officer.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player