New Rules for AI declaring war and Morale

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Rules for AI declaring war and Morale

I tend to be an aggressive player. That being said I try to do things efficiently in order to reduce my morale penalty by not being in too many wars at once. Unfortunately, the game programming has other ideas. Once the AI takes over for the people who quit the game, multiple countries start declaring war on me. This makes it so I don't get to strategically decide the direction of my attacks, and am instead forced to eliminate the AI countries that declared war on me. The worst part is that occasionally a country that is a long ways away from me will randomly declare war such that I'm stuck with a morale penalty for most of the game until I can finally get close enough to take them out. This is really annoying and makes the game less fun to play.

I have some suggestions for fixing this problem:
      1) Change the morale penalty rules to provide a maximum war penalty based on 2 or 3 wars.
      2) Eliminate the morale war penalty for insurgents.
      3) Don't allow the AI to declare war on a country that is already in 2 or more wars.
      4) Don't allow the AI to declare war unless it shares a direct boarder.
      5) Force the AI to set their status to peace with the player if there hasn't been any fighting for 24 hours.
      6) Eliminate the agro affect where declaring war causes AI countries to declare war on you.

All or some of these changes would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
    • Ripuanewhole wrote:

I tend to be an aggressive player. That being said I try to do things efficiently in order to reduce my morale penalty by not being in too many wars at once. Unfortunately, the game programming has other ideas. Once the AI takes over for the people who quit the game, multiple countries start declaring war on me. This makes it so I don't get to strategically decide the direction of my attacks, and am instead forced to eliminate the AI countries that declared war on me. The worst part is that occasionally a country that is a long ways away from me will randomly declare war such that I'm stuck with a morale penalty for most of the game until I can finally get close enough to take them out. This is really annoying and makes the game less fun to play.

I have some suggestions for fixing this problem:
      1) Change the morale penalty rules to provide a maximum war penalty based on 2 or 3 wars.
      2) Eliminate the morale war penalty for insurgents.
      3) Don't allow the AI to declare war on a country that is already in 2 or more wars.
      4) Don't allow the AI to declare war unless it shares a direct boarder.
      5) Force the AI to set their status to peace with the player if there hasn't been any fighting for 24 hours.
      6) Eliminate the agro affect where declaring war causes AI countries to declare war on you.

All or some of these changes would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
      I agree totally with 4,5 and 6
    • This guy has beef with AI... Lol.

I like the peace within 24hr (if no<span style="font-size: 13.1303px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1);"> battling) But everything else feels like your trying to nerf the AI.

I saw AI have half of France their smart. Lol
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

This guy has beef with AI... Lol.

I like the peace within 24hr (if no<span style="font-size: 13.1303px; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1);"> battling) But everything else feels like your trying to nerf the AI.

Not sure how any of those suggestions would nerf the AI. They have nothing to do with the AI building units and researching tech or attacking/defending more intelligently. They just keep the AI from being stupid about declaring war.
    • Ripuanewhole wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Not sure how any of those suggestions would nerf the AI. They have nothing to do with the AI building units and researching tech or attacking/defending more intelligently. They just keep the AI from being stupid about declaring war.
      Objection!

"They just keep the AI from being stupid about declaring war" @Ripuanewhole

AI (Artificial intelligence) INTELLIGENCE. The intelligence part means smart Like, it can acquire human intelligence so they do what an average human does during a battle.

Everyone who is playing this game haves an average person intelligence an AI adapts/taps into average human intelligence what makes them AI the coder codes the ai to either have less human intelligence or more.

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Ripuanewhole wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Objection!
      "They just keep the AI from being stupid about declaring war" @Ripuanewhole

AI (Artificial intelligence) INTELLIGENCE. The intelligence part means smart Like, it can acquire human intelligence so they do what an average human does during a battle.

Everyone who is playing this game haves an average person intelligence an AI adapts/taps into average human intelligence what makes them AI the coder codes the ai to either have less human intelligence or more.
      Everyone knows what AI is. What's your point? Average players don't randomly declare war and then, many hours later, send 1 infantry to attack. This AI behaves nothing like average players.
    • Add further complexity to the AI by having AI go into an alliance with each other. Make it that much more difficult for player to take apart AI nations, and have AI declare war based on some internal AI relations such as AI coalitions.

Also, what about bringing back cease fire and have that active for 24 hours before be able to declare peace?
      If it looks stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If it looks stupid, it works, and it is also dangerous as hell, it is Russian.

• Guys/gals - We casually call the code that runs CoN NPCs and other games' NPCs AI, but generally nothing could be further from the truth, so lets set that 110% aside.

CoN's NPCs are purposefully dumber than dumb (when was the last time you lost a city to a moving insurgent?). So, suggestions should start from that "purposefully dumb" notion.
    • Ripuanewhole wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Ripuanewhole wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Objection!"They just keep the AI from being stupid about declaring war" @Ripuanewhole

Everyone knows what AI is. What's your point? Average players don't randomly declare war and then, many hours later, send 1 infantry to attack. This AI behaves nothing like average players.
      Yes! There's a lot of people that declare randomly. They are average players.

• Freeking u don't want your enemy to know when your going to attack, you want to do it randomly that they can't prepare for it. That's what AI does in a way.

• Yeah, this is a total attempt at nerfing what minuscule fight the AI has. Sharing a border before declaring? I mean if one country way over there understands your slash and burn approach sucks everyone under eventually then heck yeah they can declare as an attempt to slow you down. Most players fail to realize such declarations are a prime strategy to slowing and even stopping the rapid-growth "aggressive" player (often but not always referred to as a Goldie). Get enough and his expansion turns into a ring of rebel cities.

Forcing these changes so that your rapid expansions can become faster may suit you just fine. Unfortunately there is zero that is realistic regarding such changes.
      "Knowledge comes from experience. Wisdom comes from accepting the knowledge of another."-- WKW
    • An Ai country with no capital city (Headquarters) should not be allowed to declare war on another country.

Also an Ai country without a city should offer a cease fire within a short period of time. (Whatever the programs feel is reasonable)

Human players without a capital city (Headquarters) can not declare war on another country.

Any human country that has no capital must accept a peace offer with 24 game hours. (Or whatever the programmers feel is reasonable)

A nation needs a capital and without one there should be diplomacy restrictions.

Silly wars on the map need to be removed.
    • OBJECTION!

You don't have to declare war, to go to war.
      "Decieteful act of war"

• JimmyMaestro wrote:

An Ai country with no capital city (Headquarters) should not be allowed to declare war on another country.

Also an Ai country without a city should offer a cease fire within a short period of time. (Whatever the programs feel is reasonable)

Human players without a capital city (Headquarters) can not declare war on another country.

Any human country that has no capital must accept a peace offer with 24 game hours. (Or whatever the programmers feel is reasonable)

A nation needs a capital and without one there should be diplomacy restrictions.

Nah. Silly war is one of the (arguably) best features of CoN. I mean bro it is still war!
      And 3. what if the player still has units?
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • JohnFKennedy wrote:

JimmyMaestro wrote:

Nah. Silly war is one of the (arguably) best features of CoN. I mean bro it is still war!And 3. what if the player still has units?
      A nation with troops and no capital, is a body without a head.

No head = no control = No ability to declare war on a new enemy.
    • JimmyMaestro wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

JimmyMaestro wrote:

Nah. Silly war is one of the (arguably) best features of CoN. I mean bro it is still war!And 3. what if the player still has units?
      A nation with troops and no capital, is a body without a head.
      No head = no control = No ability to declare war on a new enemy.
      You seems to forget that troops can take cities like... his capital. L
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron