Structure strength error

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Structure strength error

According to the unit stats, infantry (lvl 1-3) only do 0.1 damage to structures. The weakest structure is supposed to handle 10 damage. That means it should take 100 attacks from an infantry unit in order to destroy the structure, right? Not how the game works. It's all random. I can march an infantry unit into an unguarded City, and somehow the structures lose between 3 to 7 hit points. I'm not sure if this is an error in the programming, or on purpose, but it sure would be great if structures weren't so easy to destroy. And that's in cities. In provinces ALL the industry is destroyed during capture. That is completely ridiculous. What capturing army destroys all the industry? Also, It makes no sense that a capturing army would destroy a concrete airport runway.

There's plenty of units designed to damage structures, such as Bombers/Artillery/Ships/Nukes... Some people want to have the structures remain in place when they capture the city so they can either sell them or use them. It's a waste of resources to have them destroyed so easily.

Please fix the structure damage equation to be math based rather than some random dice roll.
    • Touching on a few highlights here . . .

The published game info tells you many buildings are supposed to be destroyed when a province changes hands.

Do your homework by Google-searching this site to find an extensive conversation about the damage inflicted on captured buildings.

Given the implicit reason you offered (making you happier), good luck getting the devs to shift their plans from whatever they are doing now to doing what you ask.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Touching on a few highlights here . . .

The published game info tells you many buildings are supposed to be destroyed when a province changes hands.

Do your homework by Google-searching this site to find an extensive conversation about the damage inflicted on captured buildings.

Given the implicit reason you offered (making you happier), good luck getting the devs to shift their plans from whatever they are doing now to doing what you ask.
      You guessed correctly. I am attempting to get the Dev's to change the programming.

It pisses me off when I use my fighters to kill all of the units in a City without any damage to the airbase, and then march 1 infantry in with my planes circling above waiting to land and... Nope! that single infantry somehow dropped the airbase down to 3 hitpoints. Forcing me to wait a few hours and spend resources before I could use the airbase.