Personal Officer Tierlist

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Zozo001 wrote:

. . . most of that time would be spent by the attacker sailing to the area where it is worth deploying.
      If you're the defender you can hope that's true (attacker is days away), and you can hope that you see the attacking units coming early enough to shift research and production, but for me neither of those hopes is guaranteed to work out in my favor.

I try to keep an eye on cities all over the map, but my crystal ball is still fairly cloudy.
    • Zozo001 wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

you can hope that you see the attacking units
      BUT I do not need to see them. I'd get the news that he mobilized both a Naval and a Submarine officer, which is plenty enough warning.
      Hmm, I had forgotten that the officers are announced in the News.

That's a point for you.

But - I'll still want to test your psychic powers to see whether you can predict which Officers (out of any/all mobilized by anyone on the map) are aimed at you (if you aren't already at war with the mobilizer).

While it's definitely not always the case that the Officer-assisted attack is the opening salvo of a war, I've been thinking that the scenario we're discussing is the start of a war.

I realize that was an assumption I made on my own.
    • KFGauss wrote:

But - I'll still want to test your psychic powers...
      I do not need those, I simply prepare a defense whenever there is a credible threat against something important
      (like homeland coastline, for sure). Whether or not an actual attack is coming is irrelevant in this respect, as I am not trying to guess that.
      Which is why I prefer multi-purpose units, like the helis, which can be utilized for other objectives while being readied for the defense task.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • I only use the naval officer. Sometimes , the submarine commander.
      I recognize that at the beginning of the game the infantry officer or the fixed wing officer gives a great advantage, but they consume all the resources to develop the cities or the other units (if your neighbour is not a gold spender)
      “The dog does not bark out of courage, but out of fear.”
      Chinese Proverb
    • Zozo001 wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

But - I'll still want to test your psychic powers...
      I do not need those, I simply prepare a defense whenever there is a credible threat against something important(like homeland coastline, for sure). Whether or not an actual attack is coming is irrelevant in this respect, as I am not trying to guess that.
      Which is why I prefer multi-purpose units, like the helis, which can be utilized for other objectives while being readied for the defense task.
      Could u explain further? I mean Helis are pretty specific in action but SFs are more multi purpose
    • japan samurai wrote:

I mean Helis are pretty specific in action but SFs are more multi purpose
      Could u explain further, how SFs are more multi-purpose?

What I meant, above in the context of this thread, is that ASWs can be used to support ground offensives, while mainly useful for naval defense (near the coasts). OFC other helis are much better for anti-ground use, but one can mix and match them (as well as the RW officer, the main subject of the thread) for an efficient mix.

This was in contrast to subs, which can only be used against naval targets (and then only for weak opposition, alas).
      humble player
    • But ASW helis are so slow ( as are all helis) and only do bery little damage against troops. It wouldn’t be worth it to send them into the battlefield. + they don’t do much damage to Ships.
      SF are multi purpose because they do similar damage to Ground units, can somewhat act as Air supperiority and ship harrasing (convoy harassment though not so good) and also Light bombing to destroy infrastructure
    • japan samurai wrote:

SF are multi purpose because they do similar damage to Ground units, can somewhat act as Air supperiority
      LOL their air-to-air power is negligible, really. And their ATK 4 is only mediocre against ground units.
      (Compare with the ATK 7.5 against armored for AHel, 7.0 against infantry for GSHel, and 9.0/11.0 for the RW officer.)
      Crucially, they'd be downed if flying over AA (either frigates or SAMs), unlike the helis.

Note that context is important. We started talking about a counter to sub officer. Here SFs have zero strength, ofc.
      humble player
    • But the point here is at early game in which is what we are talking about, SF can act as support ASF to the main ASF and add on damage to air and heli units. They help to strike different units so they aren’t as affected if say an armoured unit was in stack compared to GHs /any helis)
      This makes them all more rounded in all. Why else do you think people love SF more than Helis? Because they are more flexible in their usage in early game and blah blah blah. Basically more multi purpose
    • Zozo001 wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Generally, not expecting to encounter what generally isn't there is perfectly sensible.
      I concede that this may be true.Then again, calling SF "more flexible" when it only fits the non-AA scenario (however prevalent it is in a low-skill environment) is not sensible to my thinking.
      If you have expanding borders to protect SF have much shorter transit times, and once they arrive they can cover more area. That agility and reach might be what the author meant when they wrote "flexible".

Or, when you compute the time needed to destroy a mix of hard and soft targets SF and HG+AH each take about the same time (IIRC), and the SF option replaces two unit types with one "flexible" unit type. That might have been what they were referring to.

I need to double check that last claim, but I think it's accurate.
    • And lets just remijd ourselves that AA can still be easily delt with by SFs without much trouble if There aren’t large quantities of those.
      SFs are more all rounded because of their 4 damage to both Ground units, unlike GH, GH does 7-8 against soft but the moment there is armoured inside its total damage delt drops all the way to about only 4 to that stack. And if early game your enemy TD/MBT rush, helis are going to have hard time destroying them before your units engage them in defence.
    • AA is basically a forgotten vessel, almost no one uses them and their damage is almost senseless, but something that gives them some little tiny advantage is the -25% of damage that is given when they are in entrenchment.

But you will see thousands of players spamming SAMs when they see that people are using strike fighters.

That is why CON news is a gift coming directly from god to you.
      National Guards Should Not Be Underestimated 8)

The post was edited 1 time, last by KoopKoopyGuy ().