Personal Officer Tierlist

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Personal Officer Tierlist

Refined repost of this comment I made in July. This tierlist is based on my own personal playstyle. I play air + frig support, for reference.

God-tier (S):
      - Naval Officer: He has no electronic cost (as opposed to all 4 of the swimming troops) so building him is less of a pain, he's easily accessible and extremely versatile as he can do the roles of all 3 main naval type (corvette? what is that?). Build him ASAP then keep upgrading him alongside your fleet and you will have a hell of a naval fleet for both offense and defense. And unless you send him to a solo suicide mission, most likely he'll last you till the end of the game. The only games where I don't have him built is when I play land-locked countries.

Great (A):
      - Submarine Commander: His speed buff offset one of sub's weaknesses: slow speed. Mix him with a standard navy stack can allow for hit-and-run tactic which is tremendously powerful in competitive play. He also has no penalty for fighting in coastline so he can be stacked with a naval surface fleet early on to harass others without fear of retaliation. His usage is strictly for competitive play or games that drags on for too long (Day 40+) so I don't use him much, however.

Good (B):
      - Fixed Wing Officer: Extremely fast solo flight speed, give damage and speed buff to the stack and he's counted as a different unit type so besides his army boost, he is great for damage mitigation, especially for flimsy fighter stacks. His downside is there's only one of him and most air-focused players would have several stacks of fighters everywhere. His cost is also significant compared to what he could bring to the table so most of the time I'd rather build additional aircraft at early game than saving up for him and by the time I have him built usually my aircrafts are already at T2. He's a nice-to-have factor if you are already snowballing and want to absolutely curb-stomp a game.

Meh (C):
      - Tank Commander: Despite his name, don't use him with an armored stack. In fact, don't use any Armored stack, period. Wait, then how do you unlock him? You could unlock him after unlocking T1 Tank Destroyer for holding down cities. Mix him with a stack of MLRs and/or SAM for a huge damage boost and a significant speed boost to outrun your enemies. Since Artillery and Naval Units have this attack-cooldown-gets-reset-to-1-minutes-after-destroying-a-unit feature, stacking him with 9 MLRs and have that stack accompanied with a stack of SAM+radar for an nice and easy cruise through the enemy territories. Until they launch like 10 cruise missiles at your MLR stack while your SAM's AA is still on cooldown, that is.
      - Rotary Wing Officer: think fixed wing, but retarded. Some people swear by Heli as a feasible, niche unit type. On the other hand, I don't see them winning in any of my game. If you're going Heli route already, he's like B-ranked. His saving grace is that he doesn't cost Component to build and at T3 he can fight Submarine. However, by the time you unlock T3 with your rank, you must've wisened up against playing Heli already.

I'm sorry what (D):
      - Airborn Officer (deliberate typo, because this guy must've been dropped from a significant height as a child): RIP to people not reading his skill before building him and thought he's like a better Airborne Infantry and could grab land on his own. He can't, because at level 3 research he turns into his true self, an expensive Special Force unit who can't scout, have no radiation protection, you know, all those skills which a lvl 1 Special Force unit has. Oh he's special alright, but not the good kind. He could be used to boost a stack of Airborne infantry when you use them offensively to take over cities with occupying forces. But, you don't use Airborne infantry offensively, you wait till your airforce cleared out the enemy army then use them separately to grab land, in which case this guy is a liability. But... but.. he has like 30 HP, he's tankier, right? I present to you the fact that he gets converted to the same type of Heli as an Airborne Infantry (with 15 HP) and he takes the same amount of damage before it gets converted to his normal HP. In short, he takes more total damage (double) when he's attacking in his helicopter form because that's how brilliant Doritos is with game mechanic. Meanwhile, his recovery rate is the same as Airborne Infantry, you see the issue?
      Another use is for him to boost a stack of Special Force for special ops within enemy's territory, but we're talking researching him up to level 3 before he can be of this particular use. Meanwhile your opponent had already steamrolled you left and right with how much resource and time you've wasted on this guy.

Literal trash (F):
      - Infantry Officer: He's S-tier when he's built by your opponent. I frequently check for anyone building Infantry Officers in CoN News. Those players then becomes my top targets for invasion. Literal newbie trap. Expensive to build, useless in most cases. His pseudo-radar can't detect infantry, or literally anything other than Hard target. On top of which, while Naval Officer can already do the job of all 3 type of navy troops at level 1, this bitch ass deadbeat of an officer can barely do the job of a Naval Infantry at Day 18 when his penultimate research is completed.

Inb4 someone fix their glasses and say "acksually": I know Officers are supposed to stay with a stack because their value mostly lies in their Army Boost. But for some unit type where going solo is their main selling point (infantry) and getting into a stack is just a secondary function, the officer having less feature to offer than their supposed subordinate is a joke.

Let the salt commences.

The post was edited 2 times, last by vynical ().

• japan samurai wrote:

what do you mean Air ace is a different unit type? Its still fixed wing .

What do you mean using helis is bad? Aren’t you already trolling?
      What about Inf officer being bad? You use it to help you defend against enemy units, Shouldn’t AM officer be the worst ass unit?
      In case reading comprehension is not your forte, where have I ever mention the name Air Ace being another different unit type?

Why don't you answer the opposite question then? What make Heli good as compared to fixed wings? Heli would be good if fixed wing didn't exist, that's all. I can see why you think Heli is good since you've been playing exclusively Flash Point maps. Heli's drawback in that map is not as apparent as the standard maps. An inner tube is surely more useful than a jet ski in a kiddie pool, but step into the open ocean and you will soon get drowned using that tube.

WTH is an AM officer? some strawman you set up? Defending against enemy units is a function that can be performed by almost every other inf and armored unit at a much cheaper cost. If that's the only reason for building Inf Officer then that means he's easily replaceable and disposable, especially with the fact that you need to research him up several tier just to perform the same function as another type of inf, again, with much cheaper cost.
      Also, I ranked Inf Officer at S-tier, since you're using him, didn't I?

The post was edited 1 time, last by vynical ().

• Zozo001 wrote:

vynical wrote:

What make Heli good as compared to fixed wings?
      For one thing, they beat SAMs, while it is the other way around for FW.
      Before EEA jump into the picture, that might be true. Afterward, Heli lost whatever leftover advantage they have.

Even if we're not taking EEA into account, FW beat Heli, literally. So at best it's a three-way rock-paper-scissor, in which FW can reasonably fight back against SAM if push come to shove and the player plays smart. SAM simply soft counter FW while FW does double duty of hard countering Heli as well as replacing its role. Anyway you cut it, Heli is simply an inferior version of FW capability. If a Heli-focused player fight against a FW-focused player with the same activity and resources, my bet will always be on the FW.

• Looks like Im blindC81ED345-10B9-4395-9BF5-7D44B339A8CF.pngya know what? Look at how much damage SAMs do to Planes, than look at how much damage MAA does to helis. Its worlds apart from each other. Aircrafts can’t counter their SAMs but Helis can make an even fight with their supposed Counters

FW counter SAM? Hahahahaaaaaa How hilarious. Never ever are you going to counter SAm. Because SAms always hits you twice if you aren’t careful, once is when you attack it and the other when trying to get away. Or maybe its because you didn’t know a unit was in its range and attacked that unit. SAMs are simply deadly to ASFs and would not usually be left without any Air support. Who does that anyway? Ooooooh a troller. All right fine
    • Japan Samurai wrote:

FW counter SAM? Hahahahaaaaaa How hilarious. Never ever are you going to counter SAm.
      As you've mentioned above yourself, you're blind. Read my reply again, did I ever say FW counters SAM in any capacity? I said they could fight back. Heli can't fight back against FW, not even SF.

Read and make sure you're not the idiot yourself first before you assume the other side is one. Saying people raising arguments against your playstyle is a troll can help protect your fragile ego, sure. Try bringing your playstyle to a competitive match first and see how it holds up, stop fighting against bots in the kiddie pool.

• Oh wait, so now you admit to actually saying Air ace is different unit type. Cool.
      Ahh yesss. Fighting SAMs with FWs is like fighting a forest fire with a bottle of water. Sure thing helis can’t fight back against FWs, but they tank the damage so that my FWs can do the pain against your units.
      Anyway no point arguing with you since most high KDR players usually End up being golders

I mean why not have a discussion with People like Teburu, or people like Kurtsvonstein
    • japan samurai wrote:

Oh wait, so now you admit to actually saying Air ace is different unit type. Cool.
      You have the reading comprehension of a 5th grader, and I'm just going to leave it at that, since I'm not a masochist and don't want to slam my head into a brick wall.

I'll just conclude the discussion with this: If I'm a FW-focused player and I face another FW-focused player, I build SAM. If I face a Heli-focused player, I don't have to build anything because my FWs can already roast them both from afar and at a faster rate. You somehow think that Heli is still good in that scenario, I beg to differ, that's it.

japan samurai wrote:

Anyway no point arguing with you since most high KDR players usually End up being golders
      It's convenient, isn't it? If someone have a better result then simply assume that they are golders and it's not because you play bad.

I didn't even point out your K/D, simply point out the fact that you play a beginner map 40 times where 80% of player quit day 1 and by day 3 they get taken over by bots. Then you just have to join coalition with the leftover "active" to farm VP, like farmville. You're the one with the inferiority complex about your K/D and try to waive it to protect your ego.

Here's the thought: try to challenge yourself and play solo in big, long maps, it helps build character, you know.
    • Lets be honest here, i checked your Stats not your KD, because KD doesn’t matter, you lost surprisingly very little ASF compared to the number you destroyed. Its weird? Just how good are the players your facing? So much so you barely lose any SAMs

whats so bad about helis? Just because they get countered by SF and ASF means nothing as if you are facing a skilled player no one will usually send in their airforce first if both teams have SAMs. Moreover having your enemy have SAms and overlooking into your territory denies you capability to strike into his without heavy casualties where it seems you have suffered none. Having helis means you can focus more on ASF and other units like TDs because you aren’t so Components oriented, it also means you always build more units than FW strat players. You suffer less damage from high Lvl of ASF mid game compared to FW players.
      rank dosen’t mean anything , KD doesn’t but I have faced Dudes with high KDs and are Golders. They way you talk about fighting SAMs made it sounds ljke you just golded to heal your units.

Ah rught, so you meant Air ace is a different unit type as in its “elite” and its a “officer” . ASF = ASf . I don’t care whether its good or bad, air to air combat always sucks
    • vynical wrote:

FW beat Heli, literally. So at best it's a three-way rock-paper-scissor
      OFC FW beats heli, that was not the question.

You asked what way helis are better than FW, and I answered. Indeed it is a rock-paper-scissor kind of balance, like most CON strength questions. (Which is why tier lists are an awful way to evaluate them, alas.)

Helis do fare much better against AA than FW, so if you insist otherwise that just confirms you are not serious.

I note in passing that EAA should be considered an aberration, not a normal FW unit. They are ridiculously OP now, and are very likely to be nerfed (rather debuffed) further in the near future. So them being less awful against AA than the traditional FW units is of little relevance here. (Plus EAAs are obliterated by ASF just as helis are, so I do not see the point you're trying to make with them.)
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zozo001 ().

• japan samurai wrote:

Lets be honest here, i checked your Stats not your KD, because KD doesn’t matter, you lost surprisingly very little ASF compared to the number you destroyed. Its weird? Just how good are the players your facing? So much so you barely lose any SAMs
      I faced opponents who had no idea that they should build radar and should not leave their planes patrolling near the border and/or over the ocean.

japan samurai wrote:

Moreover having your enemy have SAms and overlooking into your territory denies you capability to strike into his without heavy casualties where it seems you have suffered none.
      Something tells me that you've never built radars nor time AA bubble attacks in any of your game. In a game there's a very specific tick that the AA will hit, before that tick your plane can go in and out an AA bubble without fear of getting hit, provided that you use patrol attack on the target other than the SAM stack and not direct attack. And once you've playing against players, you know their tactic to navigate around it.

It seems like there's a lot of competitive mechanic you are unfamiliar with. Play against players and against worse odds will help you refine your playstyle.

japan samurai wrote:

Ah rught, so you meant Air ace is a different unit type as in its “elite” and its a “officer” . ASF = ASf . I don’t care whether its good or bad, air to air combat always sucks

Bruh, please read my original post, I did not mention Air Ace nor saying that it's a different type of unit. Air Ace is a single name for the Fixed Wing Officer, stop confusing yourself and others...
    • Zozo001 wrote:

You asked what way helis are better than FW, and I answered. Indeed it is a rock-paper-scissor kind of balance, like most CON strength questions. (Which is why tier lists are an awful way to evaluate them, alas.)
      I mean, in my explanation I already stated that if someone's playing Heli then the Heli officer would be like B-ranked, same rank as the FW Officer, so I'm not disagreeing with you on that one. My original question was a response to "why heli bad" which is everything except for the one as you stated and even that one advantage is not as good as the drawback that heli players has to deal with.
    • vynical wrote:

japan samurai wrote:

Lets be honest here, i checked your Stats not your KD, because KD doesn’t matter, you lost surprisingly very little ASF compared to the number you destroyed. Its weird? Just how good are the players your facing? So much so you barely lose any SAMs
      I faced opponents who had no idea that they should build radar and should not leave their planes patrolling near the border and/or over the ocean.

japan samurai wrote:

Moreover having your enemy have SAms and overlooking into your territory denies you capability to strike into his without heavy casualties where it seems you have suffered none.
      Something tells me that you've never built radars nor time AA bubble attacks in any of your game. In a game there's a very specific tick that the AA will hit, before that tick your plane can go in and out an AA bubble without fear of getting hit, provided that you use patrol attack on the target other than the SAM stack and not direct attack. And once you've playing against players, you know their tactic to navigate around it.
      It seems like there's a lot of competitive mechanic you are unfamiliar with. Play against players and against worse odds will help you refine your playstyle.

japan samurai wrote:

Bruh, please read my original post, I did not mention Air Ace nor saying that it's a different type of unit. Air Ace is a single name for the Fixed Wing Officer, stop confusing yourself and others...
      look here Vynical, you clearly stated that the officer was a different unit type,”so besides his damabe boost he is good for damage migutation”

And I know how AA bubbles work, kinda forgot patrol radius was a thing so my bad on that part. Another thing is that most players put their ASF patrol radius just past the AAs place so that anything that smacks AA also gets smacked back by ASF. But then again it could have been a no fly zone for a reason, no Sfs or Helis can enter including ASsf patrolling over the SAMs because the bubbles extend over the border then maybe You can strike me and get away freely? But I’m pretty sure the enemy could easily trigger your AA with his own helis first and then go in with ASF to basically strike your escaping SF. Job well done!
    • Remarkable pair of mis-evaluations here:

vynical wrote:

Great (A):
      - Submarine Commander: [...] can be stacked with a naval surface fleet early on to harass others [on coastal waters] without fear of retaliation.
      Riiight, because no one ever would think of defending their coastline. But lest someone would remember that ASW Heli blasts subs off the water, make sure to discount that possibility:

vynical wrote:

Meh (C):
      - Rotary Wing Officer: [...] at T3 he can fight Submarine. However, by the time you unlock T3 with your rank, you must've wisened up against playing Heli already.
      Or, more likely, would've learnt that RWO+ASW Heli stacks easily sink the above described coastal fleet altogether.
      humble player
    • Zozo001 wrote:

Remarkable pair of mis-evaluations here:

vynical wrote:

Great (A):
      - Submarine Commander: [...] can be stacked with a naval surface fleet early on to harass others [on coastal waters] without fear of retaliation.
      Riiight, because no one ever would think of defending their coastline. But lest someone would remember that ASW Heli blasts subs off the water, make sure to discount that possibility:

vynical wrote:

Meh (C):
      - Rotary Wing Officer: [...] at T3 he can fight Submarine. However, by the time you unlock T3 with your rank, you must've wisened up against playing Heli already.
      Or, more likely, would've learnt that RWO+ASW Heli stacks easily sink the above described coastal fleet altogether.
      I suspect that plenty of the traffic in this thread is people talking past each other about units that are generally built at different times during a typical public or private game.

I suspect that might be happing here.

@Zozo001 when/if you play a country with a small? large?) coast, early in those games (let's say, Before day 15?) do you always research and build a handful of ASW Helis and an RWO?

If you don't, and if @vynical decided (3 days ago) to build a surface fleet and a Sub Cmdr, then he will probably be able to do what he wrote.

If you do usually produce those defensive units, when do you produce them?

Knowing that some attacking unit-types can be countered has exactly zero value if the defender doesn't have enough of those units already researched & built when an attack arrives.

The attacker gets to choose from among several attack-types and the defender has to guess what defensive units to build (or has to attack first).

Sometimes defenders make wise or lucky guesses, but the odds are in attackers' favor.

I don't know about everyone else's, but my crystal ball is pretty cloudy.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Sometimes defenders make wise or lucky guesses, but the odds are in attackers' favor.
      You are making a good point.
      Still, this is true in most situations, yet most attackers do not succeed. They reveal what they have when attacking, and by that time their investment is sunk (pun intended) into what they mobilized.

In this particular example, I may indeed be late getting a full anti-sub defense by a few days. But most of that time would be spent by the attacker sailing to the area where it is worth deploying. Then, shortly after that, his expensive "A-tier" officer is going to be either sunk or chased away, while my heli squadrons are ready to do more damage over either the sea or land.
      humble player

The post was edited 2 times, last by Zozo001 ().