Pinned Questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Oceanhawk wrote:

Tchets wrote:

I wanna go against ai opponent (sweden) who has maxed out cruise missiles (lol detected 10 launchers sofar) and i have maxed missile defence.
      It says cruise missile has 10 hit points and MEADS 13 anti missile. I am currently assuming it can only destroy one missile at a time.
      Befor i start a war with them i wanna know more
      I think it will just kill a missile every thime it passes through.
      Siting an explanation by Germanico in another thread, a missile defense system with range (like Theatre Defense or Sam) operates in a two part cycle when a missile is launched at a city or tile it occupies. The first is a hit on the missile when it enters the ranged area and a second hit is calculated when the missile attacks the targeted area. So essentially you're getting twice the power from any ranged AA. Since missiles can only be fired as a single unit and not as a stack, missile defense systems are quite effective and their effect grows when combined with other AA units of the same type or other types. (like Sam with the basic mobile anti-air, or several theatre defense systems in one city) Of course you have to remember that AA takes up stack space, so a city that's 5 AA deep will be basically impenetrable vs missiles, but far more vulnerable to ground attack since any added ground units effect the overall efficiency of the stack.
      -Nobody cares about the Alpha, it's all decided by the Omega.
    • Eternus wrote:

just don't forget about reload time for ranged AA defense ;)
      How does that come into play? After the missile enters radar range. If 20minutes later another missile enters.. it will have no issue what so ever as the reload time isnt finished
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • New Question : Carrier Aircraft Slots

Aircraft Carrier is limited to 5 air units? With all the available Naval Air units it crushes me that this may be true.

IMHO, maybe Destroyers or Cruisers can have a helo slot or two? My strike group is feeling a bit impotent with three anti-sub choppers and two Air Superiority Fighters.
      -Nobody cares about the Alpha, it's all decided by the Omega.
    • Hello, i'm located in Turkey and when i try to use pay to win, unlike all my friends, the currency isnt listed as my domestic currency but instead its listed as USD, and because of this, i'm paying double the amount compare to my other friends but yet gain the same amount of gold.
      how do i reset my currency in the pay to win menu?

thank you.
    • ^^
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • I am having a hard time understanding population growth. I have a map where both of my core supplies cities are stuck at 5.0 since the beginning, are high 95%+ happiness, and one has a lev 3 hospital in it. I am also building military production, but with no population growth, goods production is a major limiting factor. I realize I need to take into account the military doctrine and make the best use of what my country happens to produce, but other competitors have better production types and all pop 7 plus cities by now. I also let my manpower balloon up to see if that made a difference.

My second question is about electronics. It seems to me that these produce at a level somewhere between rare materials and the other resources. Am I right that they produce at a lower rate than components, supplies, and oil? My low electronics problem may stem from me selecting eastern doctrine countries, but trying to build western favored units.

Thirdly, can someone explain and give examples of outcomes for units with missile defense and missile offense? Will a stack of 3 cruisers (who only have missile defense) take out a lone cruise missile that attacks them and not take damage? Will a Sam site damage incoming cruise missile on before they come in and then damage them again on defense before they take damage? If the incoming missiles get to come in and do damage to my units and blow up at the same time as my units use their missile defense, then missile defense is kind of pointless because the missile would blow up anyway.

Lastly, What is the best way, if possible to shoot down an ibcm? Frigates are seemingly the fastest to produce due to less buildings and research needed, but require sea access between the launch and target. Sams have fairly little missile offense, and Theater defense take a long time just to even build.

thanks to anyone who can shed light.
    • Moitao wrote:

So every groun unit when on sea counts as naval unit? i mean if a infantry/tank is on sea i can hit him with my cruise missile for 30 damage? can i use submarines to hit then on 8?

Do embarking infantry/tanks still count as naval and can be hit by missiles and artillery?
      Yep, they count as naval units. And have much less HP, I believe its down to 5 HP when the tank/infantry are embarked on a boat
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Just wondering, would anyone be able to tell me if "Special Forces" are stealthy when in helicopters and in planes?

I dont use them alot, so havent learnt :)
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Seele07 wrote:

They are stealthy also in Helicopters? Nice, I usem them very often, but my enemys not:)
      They are stealthy also in Helicopters? Nice, I usem them very often, but my enemys not:)
      Well thats what Im asking lol
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • My question is regarding Air superiority fighters and Naval Air superiority fighters. Based on my understanding both provide the same amount of attack, defense, range, speed, etc. with slightly varying production and upkeep costs. The major difference is the carrier landing capabilities of the Naval versions.

Taking these into consideration, why would anyone spend valuable rare materials in researching the upgrades of Air superiority fighters rather than just focusing on the naval versions?