Pinned Questions

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • If I have a navy fleet composed from ships with different fire range.
      If the ships with longer fire range engage the enemy fleet, will ships with shorter range engage it as well when in range (let's say in 15 minutes)? Or do they have to wait and the next attack will be done only after 60 minutes timer?
    • Not necessarily - they can though. If the aircraft is attacking an AA unit directly and this AA unit has a range (eg SAM) it will first try to hit the unit in the range (there is a timer and if the unit is caught in the timer in the range it will suffer ranged AA damage).
      In this example the second attack would indeed happen once the ranged AA damage was dealt and the aircraft now engages in "close combat" with the AA unit (the AA unit has first shot on this).
      If it was an exceptionally slow aircraft it could theoretically even suffer a third attack while outbound from it's target if the AA unit is still alive, in the same fashion as described above for ranged AA - though in reality modern aircraft are usually to fast, or the unit is dead.


      Hope that explains it.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

      Not necessarily - they can though. If the aircraft is attacking an AA unit directly and this AA unit has a range (eg SAM) it will first try to hit the unit in the range (there is a timer and if the unit is caught in the timer in the range it will suffer ranged AA damage).
      In this example the second attack would indeed happen once the ranged AA damage was dealt and the aircraft now engages in "close combat" with the AA unit (the AA unit has first shot on this).
      If it was an exceptionally slow aircraft it could theoretically even suffer a third attack while outbound from it's target if the AA unit is still alive, in the same fashion as described above for ranged AA - though in reality modern aircraft are usually to fast, or the unit is dead.


      Hope that explains it.
      Thanks for the answer. Another question: If two separate planes at the same time are in the range for AA with 8 anti aircraft damage, will both of them get full damage? Or the the damage will be split and they get something like -4 each?
    • Hello, Let's say someone launches ballistic missile at 1 of my cities and I have theatre missile defense. Theatre takes say 12/16points off ballistic missile. My question is missile will still impact, but will it make full damage cos I haven't killed it, or will it deal one quarter damage cos I've taken three quarters out of it?

      Thanks
    • Ghostlane wrote:

      Hello, Let's say someone launches ballistic missile at 1 of my cities and I have theatre missile defense. Theatre takes say 12/16points off ballistic missile. My question is missile will still impact, but will it make full damage cos I haven't killed it, or will it deal one quarter damage cos I've taken three quarters out of it?

      Thanks
      Anti-Missiles will attempt to intercept missiles before impact. If they are successful, they will then attempt to damage the missile. If they are successful, missiles will be damaged a random number close to what it says on the missile's profile page, not exactly that number. Depending on how much HP the missile has, it may or may not be completely destroyed before impact.
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • Only cruise missiles can target units. So, probably one armed with a nuke would be your strongest bet. You also have ASW (Anti-Sub Helicopters) and Naval Patrol Aircraft (anti-ship fixed wing).

      Beyond that, your best best to deal with navy is to really have a better navy.
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • otello wrote:

      otello wrote:

      If I have a navy fleet composed from ships with different fire range.
      If the ships with longer fire range engage the enemy fleet, will ships with shorter range engage it as well when in range (let's say in 15 minutes)? Or do they have to wait and the next attack will be done only after 60 minutes timer?
      Clarification is need still.
      no then wont, they will have to wait until the next attack if they're then in range they shoot
      I'd put some smart quote here but i can't think of any :D
    • Does lack of activity cause your per hour earnings of supplies and manpower to drop?

      I had a phase of successful expansion, after which I felt I needed to consolidate and so didn't have many battles for a while. During this time my per hour earnings of said units dropped despite the fact that in theory holding cities for longer should drive up morale and therefore increase per hour earnings.

      So was this drop driven by lack of fighting by me or is there another reason for it?
    • Ghostlane wrote:

      Does lack of activity cause your per hour earnings of supplies and manpower to drop?

      I had a phase of successful expansion, after which I felt I needed to consolidate and so didn't have many battles for a while. During this time my per hour earnings of said units dropped despite the fact that in theory holding cities for longer should drive up morale and therefore increase per hour earnings.

      So was this drop driven by lack of fighting by me or is there another reason for it?
      Units cost upkeep in resources. Also, captured cities produce very little resources when first captured, as their morale will be very low. Once it picks up, so will its income.

      Fighting or not fighting has no bearings on income until losses are incurred, where income will be increased due to loss of upkeep costs.
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Sima ().

    • Tom_Cruise wrote:

      How long before you can attack a former coalition member (kicked out)??
      It will always tell you in the map's description. 4x maps have significantly lower activity checks, where I believe it is 6 real-time hours nowadays
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • It happens 3 times already in the game 3013434. all the time with the cities we took from Algeria. City with units inside guarding it just turns to the enemy at 00:00, my units just disappeared.
      I just get a report like this monosnap.com/file/wnbN4wStinQMmmdWiTJSl2noTLXhnK
      The city is surrounded by our land and no enemy units were approaching. If it stealth - I should get a battle report with my units, and spec ops cannot claim land and cities.
      It happened two times with the empty cities and now with a city with my units inside.
      So what it is a bug or spy action I am not aware about? Can you lose a full stack of units because of that mechanics?

      Update. I paid a visit to the city with my helicopters and it was 1 enemy inf there which had zero chances to be there. (in fact it was probably my inf which turned into enemy because my inf lvl 1 and his inf is lvl 4 but hellis got just got 1 dmg point and for the lvl 4 in the city it should be more).
      monosnap.com/file/gBjUiv7BTgNJVlEpF7EapPEOHMfHd3

      The post was edited 2 times, last by kimura: Update ().