Stealth, AAs & Missiles

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stealth, AAs & Missiles

After upgrading my whole airforce (excluding AWACS') to stealth, I found out that my main enemy had a lot of SAMs. The only idea I have is to use Stealth UAVs to shoot conventional CMs at the SAMs to kill them simultaneously at the start of war. However, I don't wanna lose those UAVs because they are very expensive. So, I wanna know if launching missiles (Tomahawks currently) count as "in combat". (Cuz they say Stealth units will be revealed during combat) If the answer is yes, then if I upgrade the CMs to stealth will it still count as in combat? Oh and also if my enemy uses gold to reveal my stealth UAVs, can he shoot them down? :?: :?: :?:
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron

The post was edited 1 time, last by JohnFKennedy ().

• Launching Missiles doesn’t count as in combat.

Using Missiles against SAMs is a dumb move to begin with since SAMs do well enough against CMs… so you cound end up launching a ton if CMs with zero effect.

If you are worried about SAMs just use Heli, its that simple.

Or just don’t cripple yourself by being dependent on a single unit type to begin with
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Launching Missiles doesn’t count as in combat.

Using Missiles against SAMs is a dumb move to begin with since SAMs do well enough against CMs… so you cound end up launching a ton if CMs with zero effect.

If you are worried about SAMs just use Heli, its that simple.

Or just don’t cripple yourself by being dependent on a single unit type to begin with
      No cuz he was spamming lvl 1 SAMs, each in one stack.
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • Also will my stealth units be revealed if i stack them with non-stealth ones?
      e.g. 4 F-22s with an F-16, does my enemy see "1st Fighter Squadron" or "1st Stealth Fighter Wing". Does he sees only my F-16 or the F-16 and the F-22s?
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

• JohnFKennedy wrote:

Also will my stealth units be revealed if i stack them with non-stealth ones?
      e.g. 4 F-22s with an F-16, does my enemy see "1st Fighter Squadron" or "1st Stealth Fighter Wing". Does he sees only my F-16 or the F-16 and the F-22s?
      yes whole stack will be visible.

stacking stealth with non stealth just wastes stealth.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • JohnFKennedy wrote:

Ahhh... Okay thanks
      build some f-35s and patrol strike the sam. a single sam pretty easy to beat. 5 ssf x 11 = 55 hp damage will bust it and scratch the paint on your stack 8 hp damage out of 140 hp small price to pay or upgrade cms to lvl 3 to get through sam.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• JohnFKennedy wrote:

Am doing so tho I think he actually sometimes stack SAMs together. I lost an F-35 because of that
      well you cant send just 1 in. and would need 4 sams stacked to insta-kill a f-35. if that the case best solution is a Conv Ball missile; need him to stop or time when he hits center point of prov. Tricky but ive done it on moving targets jus need to catch in spashzone (easiest in mtns or jungle)

• JohnFKennedy wrote:

Also will my stealth units be revealed if i stack them with non-stealth ones?
      The stack will be visible, but stealth aircraft will not be seen under that stack - the enemy will only see non-stealth aircraft in the bunch.
    • JohnFKennedy wrote:

After upgrading my whole airforce (excluding AWACS') to stealth, I found out that my main enemy had a lot of SAMs. The only idea I have is to use Stealth UAVs to shoot conventional CMs at the SAMs to kill them simultaneously at the start of war. However, I don't wanna lose those UAVs because they are very expensive. So, I wanna know if launching missiles (Tomahawks currently) count as "in combat". (Cuz they say Stealth units will be revealed during combat) If the answer is yes, then if I upgrade the CMs to stealth will it still count as in combat? Oh and also if my enemy uses gold to reveal my stealth UAVs, can he shoot them down? :?: :?: :?:
      If you have difficulties with SAM use ground units lmao.
      National Guards Should Not Be Underestimated 8)
    • KoopKoopyGuy wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

I am trying to repeat 1991-Op. Desert Storm: Massive air campaign before ground war
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

• JohnFKennedy wrote:

KoopKoopyGuy wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

I am trying to repeat 1991-Op. Desert Storm: Massive air campaign before ground war
      Then you better prepare yourself to waste 200k+ gold.
    • Rapt0ris wrote:

Because recreating a military force of the likes that participated in Desert Storm is impossible without reaching into your wallet :)
      Its a military strategy that has nothing to do with gold. USA / Allies did same thing in WW2 against Germany. Air war for 2.5 years ( get air supperiority but really destroy German infrastructure; ability to rebuild) then retook whole continent in 9 months.

Desert storm actually a scaled down ww2 plan. 30 days air.... 3 days ground. they actually could have waited 30 more days and would have been 1 day ground war. Russia did opposite in Ukraine (tank stacker mentality).and see how well that works.

Air units dont cost anymore than ground units. Stackers just have to keep replenishing losses. I can produce all air and not loose any units. Let a cheap NG army walk in.

• The Pale Rider wrote:

Rapt0ris wrote:

Because recreating a military force of the likes that participated in Desert Storm is impossible without reaching into your wallet :)
      Its a military strategy that has nothing to do with gold. USA / Allies did same thing in WW2 against Germany. Air war for 2.5 years ( get air supperiority but really destroy German infrastructure; ability to rebuild) then retook whole continent in 9 months.
      Desert storm actually a scaled down ww2 plan. 30 days air.... 3 days ground. they actually could have waited 30 more days and would have been 1 day ground war. Russia did opposite in Ukraine (tank stacker mentality).and see how well that works.

Air units dont cost anymore than ground units. Stackers just have to keep replenishing losses. I can produce all air and not loose any units. Let a cheap NG army walk in.
      If you envision the Desert Storm as just merely using Strike Fighters with NG, yeah, thats simple to recreate.
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

Desert storm actually a scaled down ww2 plan. 30 days air....
      Russia did opposite in Ukraine (tank stacker mentality).and see how well that works.
      You have a weird comprehension of the real word events.

The deciding factor in the USA-vs-Iraq war was the overwhelming superiority of the former, both economically
      (in 1989 the GDP of Iraq and USA was $66B and $5642B, resp., an 85-fold advantage)
      and militarily. Thus choice of strategy and tactic had little if any role to play, really. (Conversely, Russia clashes with superior Western technology in Ukraine, a problem much deeper than "mentality".)

This degree of disparity is nothing like one can achieve in CON; even trying to approach a similarly unbalanced situation does require spending lots of gold, as had been pointed out here.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player

The post was edited 2 times, last by Zozo001 ().