What is your favorite map?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The classic world war three is always nice if I need to step back and focus on something else. But other than that I really like to world war Z map. That was fun and action packed to the end especially being a land country always having to deal with zombies.
      Also the new map that just came out, Pacific theater, it looks promising. Just started one a lot of newer players but some experienced. Should be fun.
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• Opacalipse map is my favorite, everything ready to research by day 1 and 4x speed.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • Flashpoint 1x is the best map for quick and intense conflict full of diplomacy from day one. It's very optimized as well.
      Unfortunately there is no ranked 2 FP map and they spawn it only when new users click "start game".
      It makes it totally not interesting because those userxxx usually drop out immediately so you continue playing with mostly bots.
      That's why I don't play CoN anymore, just following the development.

Sometimes you can find Flashpoint with up to 10+ real players so this should be a good game.
    • My experience does not mirror what everyone else here is experiencing. I am finding that after move 30,40, and even 50 there are 5-9 active players still in the game.

If you want to say that they are terrible unskilled players ok that may be true. But they are still building units, making moves, and providing a different attacking experience than killing waves of AFVs and recon vehicles. And some of them have surprises up their sleeves that can be quite interesting to deal with.

I thought that the reduced number of cities and reduced resource production would drive people away. My experience is that it has done the opposite, and I have run into a lot more players spending noticeable amounts of gold. As a non-golder, I have adjusted to the reduced production amounts, with the main change being to take extra time to start a game rather than get saddled with a 5 city nation. As has been stated before many times by many people, I am just too unskilled to get strong results from a 5 city nation <though I do have a few coalition victories with them - it's not impossible for me, just an extra obstacle that I see no reason to face>.

From the people I group with and work with - players have real lives, and sometimes they are very active with creative ideas, and other times they are just too busy with real life to do more than pop in once a day and make obvious builds and obvious moves. I would say that this last statement applies to a very large number of active players.
    • Here is how it affects the original discussion topic:

BUSA and Flashpoint 1x is for trying out different strategies, especially in the opening. In the past, I have used BUSA games in particular to understand just how much of a difference there is in the starting economies of 5 city and 7 city nations. I have used it to learn how to use armor units effectively - or as effectively as they possibly can be used. Basically I verified most of what has been stated here - military hospitals just don't work for armor units, and replacing them gets quite expensive, even when all of your attacks are stacks of 10 vs stacks of 3 or 4. I also learned the mechanics of artillery units, and made multiple failed attempts to figure out ways to safely use them to attack and return in 5 hours with an intact artillery stack. Bots often enough send a unit or multiple units against attacking artillery units, and the solution as described here is to run and attack every hour (every 15 minutes for 4x games). I learned how to use the assault feature of towed artillery units to good use - that can be quite handy!

BUSA and Flashpoint 4x always end up being 2 or 3 decent sized coalitions duking it out. These games are very fun for me. I like the fact that 2 weeks after the game starts it's over one way or another.

Rising Tides 1x and 4x: To me, these games are notable by the fact that a coalition and a solo player can race for victory, with neither having to fight the other to achieve victory. It is also the map that is the most amenable to meeting other players and allies for future matches. And getting 4k+ gold in a game is pretty cool as well :)

WW3 of any sort: These games are notable by the fact that you have to pretty much take over the whole map before the game ends. So we work with a person or coalition - and the end of the game is just us plowing through them. That is annoying. To me the race to victory of the Rising Tides maps is more fun than the completely annihilate everyone of the WW3 map as annihilation is just flat out boring.
    • Give me, in this order:
      WWZ 1X
      WW3 1X
      Flashpoint 1 X
      BGUSA 1 X
      Apocalypse 1X (no longer offered)

... (In general, maps below this are not worth playing due to them being filled with kids with ADDHD and no concept of strategy and patience.)

WWZ 4X
      WW3 4X
      Flashpoint 4X
      BGUSA 4X
      Apocalypse 4X

Maps not worth Playing EVER, from Bad to Worse:
      Red vs Blue (nice idea, horrible execution)
      Overkill (why play WW3 with more inactives?)
      Rising Tides 1X (Blecch, idiotic with magic VP piles)
      Rising Tides 4X (Even dumber because it's filled with attention deficit kids)

No evaluation yet:
      Blood & Oil
      Pacific Theater
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Give me, in this order:
      WWZ 1X
      WW3 1X
      Flashpoint 1 X
      BGUSA 1 X

... (In general, maps below this are not worth playing due to them being filled with kids with ADDHD and no concept of strategy and patience.)

WWZ 4X
      WW3 4X
      Flashpoint 4X
      BGUSA 4X
      Apocalypse 4X

No evaluation yet:
      Blood & Oil
      Pacific Theater
      He just love starting stuff...

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Give me, in this order:
      WWZ 1X
      WW3 1X
      Flashpoint 1 X
      BGUSA 1 X

WWZ 4X
      WW3 4X
      Flashpoint 4X
      BGUSA 4X
      Apocalypse 4X

No evaluation yet:
      Blood & Oil
      Pacific Theater
      DoD ... I think you would like Blood and oil. Its like old mideast theatre and flashpoint (minus N America) combined. They have a few mini sites (like 100 pts) for resources but not enough to win the game.

Also some interesting areas of influence in other countries based on real world (Turkey has cities in Libya; China in Africa; Russia in Syria; USA spread out in separate clusters).

Pac Theatre: looks disappointing and they just created a bunch of land locked countries in China. I would have liked to see more of a Pac Rim map focused on Navy.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

• YASS DARLING IT IS...

Its my favorite map, 4x speed, everything can be researched by day 1, and nukes from the start.

Is that to your liking @KFGauss

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Destroyer 4 ().