HOW TO SPEND GOLD

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• HOW TO SPEND GOLD

Most posts here on the forum treat the game as if there is only one possibility to play it: "without spending money". I even observe that few players assume to spend gold and many even criticize those who spend money. It is not popular on this forum to address the issue of gold. But it's another possibility to play. People are free to make choices as they choose strategies and units, they are also free to play by spending money. I even see the hypocrisy of seeing forum participants against those who spend money but rebel when Dorado Games changes prices or limits the number of units (in the case of EAA).
      But not always, those who spend money, win games. And it is on this question that I would like to discuss with you: " HOW TO SPEND MONEY IN A PROFITABLE WAY?"
      Of course it depends on how much you are willing to spend.
      I would like to hear your opinions in the case of people who are willing to spend €9.99 (equivalent to 22,000 gold in Europe) without taking advantage of the +25% or 50% promotions.
      PS: I don't work for Dourado Games nor do opinion studies to sell. I'm a simple player that in certain games, I'm willing to spend around 10€ on a game.
      “The dog does not bark out of courage, but out of fear.”
      Chinese Proverb
    • Sorry, my english was probably not the most explicit. When I say more profitable, I don't mean getting back or more money than I invested. I mentioned that not always those who spend money win games. But I agree, we can put it in that way. I'm glad that despite the criticism, the idea was understood.
      “The dog does not bark out of courage, but out of fear.”
      Chinese Proverb
    • Gen ROMTOR wrote:

Sorry, my english was probably not the most explicit. When I say more profitable, I don't mean getting back or more money than I invested. I mentioned that not always those who spend money win games. But I agree, we can put it in that way. I'm glad that despite the criticism, the idea was understood.
      Its not a „lets phrase it this way“
      it’s „there is already a thread and that is how its called; the name is the link“
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Gen ROMTOR wrote:

Sorry, my english was probably not the most explicit. When I say more profitable, I don't mean getting back or more money than I invested. I mentioned that not always those who spend money win games. But I agree, we can put it in that way. I'm glad that despite the criticism, the idea was understood.
      Its not a „lets phrase it this way“it’s „there is already a thread and that is how its called; the name is the link“
      Teburu, It's probably best to Bold and change the font color to one of the traditional hyperlink colors, purple or cerulean. This will prevent you from having to say or imply, ... Hey you F------ dumb--- there's a ------g link right there!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dealer of Death ().

• In my experience the best use of Gold is to boost up your resource production early in game, ie Local Industries and Arms Industries. This will continue to help you throughout the entire game instead of just creating a few units that end up dying early in the game. If you have a lot of gold, boosting research to have advantage on other folks is another effective use of gold. You need to know what units your enemy is building, so you can build up the counter to those units. I always keep some gold on hand in case I get a surprise attack and need to quickly build a few troops for defense or a bunker/combat outpost.
      “Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” Sun Tzu
    • The most effective tactical golder move against me was someone who bought early cruise missiles to destroy my airports and airbases. Get them all and the entire opponent air force goes away.

Least effective ways to spend gold is nukes aimed at my home cities, especially when nukes hit cities producing resources that I have surpluses of.

A golder that has level 5 arms industries in all of his home cities is a scary sight indeed.

The most effective unit to buy - or at least the one I dealt with least effectively - is elite rail guns. Plus their airlift ability is a HELICOPTER move not a fixed wing move, meaning that SAMs and TDS units just watch them do their thing.

Over the years I've learned quite a few things from golders. They have taught me a lot, and overall made the game more fun to play.