Transport ships should be an unlockable unit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Transport ships should be an unlockable unit

As the titlle suggests, troops shouldn't have ferry abilities automatically and instead landing gear should be a separate unit which you need to build in order to do naval invasions. it would require a couple of buildings: lv1 naval base and lv1 arms industries. At the beginning it would carry 3 units and with each upgrade it could carry more. I think this would give new strategies and also make the game more realistic. It simply doesn't make sense you can move 10/20 units across the map.The only exception to this rule would be marines and amphibious vehicles for obvious reasons (also airmobile and special forces). Of course the first thought that comes to mind is: island nations will fall behind. I mean it doesn't really change that much since transport ships would be really cheap and their requirements aswell. And lets not forget you cannot invade anyone but they cannot invade you aswell. Also we could do the whole thing with airlift like when a unit reaches a certain level it can be ferried ( don't know if that verb exists lol). What do you guys think of this?
    • Yeah? Well I for one don't want "more realistic", I want "more fun", and truly that requires "less realistic" as I want stuff like missile armed satellites, Kaiju and Giant Robot units. Add a map that when you "win" awww awww awww, you didn't, because you have to fight off the Alien Invasion. That's what I want.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • It's a nice idea but I think it would add more complexity to the game than the fun proportion.Also island nations are already weak after the cities reduction update,this would make them more hell of a play and nobody would want to play with them.

Coming to the upgrades part,it won't be of significant difference whether 3 stacks of 3 units can sail to your coastal city or 1 stack of 10 units,as the important part is that they can sail.

Looking at the bright side,this may make the amphibious units more desirable as they will be able to transport through sea without unlocking the transport ship feature but also if this feature will be easy and cheap to unlock,then it would make no difference as people would just continue using the non amphibious units after unlocking the transport ship.So even I can't really see the improved attraction of amphibious units resulting from this change.

So all in all, adding only just this feature won't make any difference in gameplay except increasing the early game hassle which is already boring enough and later part of the game would be just be like now as everyone would have unlocked this feature by now. considering it would be pretty easy to unlock.

But yeah this idea can be developed in some way or other in future
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Yeah? Well I for one don't want "more realistic", I want "more fun", and truly that requires "less realistic" as I want stuff like missile armed satellites, Kaiju and Giant Robot units. Add a map that when you "win" awww awww awww, you didn't, because you have to fight off the Alien Invasion. That's what I want.
      Well if you want Robots and alien stuff,there are better simulations available lol because I can't see Con having any of those stuff you mentioned anytime in future
    • Roomi Royale wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Yeah? Well I for one don't want "more realistic", I want "more fun", and truly that requires "less realistic" as I want stuff like missile armed satellites, Kaiju and Giant Robot units. Add a map that when you "win" awww awww awww, you didn't, because you have to fight off the Alien Invasion. That's what I want.
      Well if you want Robots and alien stuff,there are better simulations available lol because I can't see Con having any of those stuff you mentioned anytime in future
      Con is not a simulation. it's a game
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Roomi Royale wrote:

It's a nice idea but I think it would add more complexity to the game than the fun proportion.Also island nations are already weak after the cities reduction update,this would make them more hell of a play and nobody would want to play with them.

Coming to the upgrades part,it won't be of significant difference whether 3 stacks of 3 units can sail to your coastal city or 1 stack of 10 units,as the important part is that they can sail.

Looking at the bright side,this may make the amphibious units more desirable as they will be able to transport through sea without unlocking the transport ship feature but also if this feature will be easy and cheap to unlock,then it would make no difference as people would just continue using the non amphibious units after unlocking the transport ship.So even I can't really see the improved attraction of amphibious units resulting from this change.

So all in all, adding only just this feature won't make any difference in gameplay except increasing the early game hassle which is already boring enough and later part of the game would be just be like now as everyone would have unlocked this feature by now. considering it would be pretty easy to unlock.

But yeah this idea can be developed in some way or other in future
      yeah you make good points but one of my ideas with this transport ship concept is that you can calculate more or less how many ships your enemy has to move units. Your navy can go there and knockout every transport ship so you can see that you can make some nice strategies with this (thus the fun factor is not compromised). Btw idk if i was clear but at beggining your transport ship can carry only 3 units so unless you don't make more ferries you need to go back and forth if you want more units to be moved. With island nations well at the begining they certainly would be a hassle to expand but not by much... on the other hand it would become more of a risk to other nations to invade them since not only they loose troops but also ships which they have a finite of thoose. Maybe we could buff naval units a little to compensate this new meta. The key for this unit to work is in the details and that's up to the devs. I'm just putting ideas out there. Maybe instead of 3 unit capacity maybe 2 or 4 or whatever.
    • Call of War has upgradeable transport ships in the research tree (you don't have to research the first level - everyone has it unlocked at the start of the game).

If you upgrade them it makes them a bit faster and gives them a few more HP, as I remember. But nobody ever does this in practice, because it doesn't make a big enough difference to warrant using the resources and occupying a research slot, when other research options give you more useful improvements.

Perhaps if they did it in CoN, they could give the upgraded transports things like a basic radar and maybe some measure of AA defence, it could be worthwhile?
    • All transports, ships, tracks and plains should be consumable resources like missiles. When you are using them they are out of resource pool and if they survive they go back.
      This means if you lack transports your units will have to wait until you have available transports to do the job. One per unit. Bigger the stack more transports needed.
    • Realism = less fun (in my eyes)

Fun = less realism (in my eyes)

Like, which one do you want.

Go play COD if you want un-fun realism.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • Island countries already have a huge advantage!

Big continental countries like the U.S, China, Russia, India have a disadvantage. Because they're huge and too much to defend.

• My man based on the other post you made today you seem to be really struggling with the mechanics of this game. how is it more fair to make them unlockable when literally everyone always has them? If you take a country with coastal cities you have to be cognizant of the fact it's an avenue for invasion. by this logic we should have to unlock transport planes to move ground troops from airport to airport. but that would be equally silly because they are just transports. Defenseless, low HP transports.
    • shrek6satan wrote:

I'm sorry but what are you trying to say? I think you shouldn't have transport ships to begin with, being a unit that you have to unlock and build. That's my idea plain and simple. How about you read what i said.
      In real-life though a-lot of transport ships are from civilian cargo ships or others.

Actually that would suck for an island nation.