Add a new language

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• KFGauss wrote:

I appears the dogs who got hit are now barking.

I see @'xXWolfXx''s message above. I'll let this topic wander wherever it wants to go now.

I stand by what I wrote.
      Ok, just don't bring the Angry KFGauss Disease over here. (mask up)
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

@KFGauss is very slowly making himself a bad reputation, he acts/talks to noobs/new-players like there are retarded. For a suggestion he says, "google will help" or "Look at this pic/forum post". When someone makes a mistake bes sarcastic and uses stupid code words. like "RUBBING TEMPLES TIREDLY"

He makes me want to fly all the way To Valletta, Malta. Upply for a moderator job in Dorado Games Online, get hired and ban @KFGauss.
      Actually Dorado is based in Hamburg, Germany.
      Files
      • wrong.jpg

(23.09 kB, downloaded 1 times, last: )
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

@KFGauss is very slowly making himself a bad reputation, he acts/talks to noobs/new-players like there are retarded. For a suggestion he says, "google will help" or "Look at this pic/forum post". When someone makes a mistake bes sarcastic and uses stupid code words. like "RUBBING TEMPLES TIREDLY"

He makes me want to fly all the way To Valletta, Malta. Upply for a moderator job in Dorado Games Online, get hired and ban @KFGauss.
      Actually Dorado is based in Hamburg, Germany.

actually I thought it was
    • Marth wrote:

WednesdayAddams wrote:

Croatian? But what about Serbian, Macedonia, etc?
      That’s why I made this suggestion. With Croatian you can also cover Serbia, Bosnia, Slovenia and Montenegro as well as Croatia.
      It's actually the opposite of what you stated.
      With Serbian you cover all those including Croatia as well.
      We all understand each other but you can't use language of country that has less population to cover all others.
      For example Slovak and Czech people would mostly understand each other but it would be silly to translate to Slovak with the statement "Czech people understand enough".

Btw I don't ask for Serbian translation because I would still use English for anything related to IT including games, especially games.
      Just wanted to point out you have wrong approach.

Though I agree you should offer them translation services if you really want/need Croatian language so much.

Just don't forget, native language in the Balkan (ex Yugoslavia) region will attract too many kids to the game.
    • Red Snapper wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

I see @'xXWolfXx''s message above. I'll let this topic wander wherever it wants to go now.

I stand by what I wrote.
      Reminds me of an old expression I remember:
      “The hit dog barks”

I think that has been very relevant in regards to the recent posts/replies to this thread.
      Betrayal @'Red Snapper'

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Red Snapper wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

I stand by what I wrote.
      Reminds me of an old expression I remember:“The hit dog barks”

I think that has been very relevant in regards to the recent posts/replies to this thread.
      Betrayal @'Red Snapper'
      Don’t think that was him
    • Zemunelo wrote:

Marth wrote:

WednesdayAddams wrote:

That’s why I made this suggestion. With Croatian you can also cover Serbia, Bosnia, Slovenia and Montenegro as well as Croatia.
      It's actually the opposite of what you stated.With Serbian you cover all those including Croatia as well.
      We all understand each other but you can't use language of country that has less population to cover all others.
      For example Slovak and Czech people would mostly understand each other but it would be silly to translate to Slovak with the statement "Czech people understand enough".

Btw I don't ask for Serbian translation because I would still use English for anything related to IT including games, especially games.

Though I agree you should offer them translation services if you really want/need Croatian language so much.

Just don't forget, native language in the Balkan (ex Yugoslavia) region will attract too many kids to the game.
      I think you have a misunderstanding. Serbia is spoken only in Serbia for the most part, while Croatian is also spoken in the countries I brought up earlier, as well as Vojvodina (Northern Serbia)

So if you add up the number... there are more than twice as many Croatian speakers than Serbian speakers.

And as for attracting people to the game, yes that is what Dorado needs right now.
      Bolje dijamant sa manom nego kamenčić bez nje
    • Marth wrote:

So if you add up the number... there are more than twice as many Croatian speakers than Serbian speakers.
      According to Wikipedia, the relation is just the opposite (and OFC there are Serbian speakers in other countries, similarly rather than differently from the Croatian situation as you stated).

Not that it really matters, as this should not be (nor do I think it is) a criterion. Both of them are spoken by a lot less people than Thai (which was another irrelevant comparison brought up in the beginning of the thread).

I got a distinct feeling this entire thread has had a rather noxious political/nationalistic undertone, unbecoming to a gamers' forum really.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • Ya this thread is nationalist, and a little political.

• Marth wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

Marth wrote:

WednesdayAddams wrote:

It's actually the opposite of what you stated.With Serbian you cover all those including Croatia as well.We all understand each other but you can't use language of country that has less population to cover all others.

I think you have a misunderstanding. Serbia is spoken only in Serbia for the most part, while Croatian is also spoken in the countries I brought up earlier, as well as Vojvodina (Northern Serbia)

And as for attracting people to the game, yes that is what Dorado needs right now.
      As @Zozo stated above, Serbian is major language in the region. Not only in Serbia.
      And don't be a child, in Vojvodina (Northern Serbia) nobody speaks Croatian.
      Here's a link to the picture of Vojvodina from Wikipedia with spoken languages :

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vojvodina_languages2011.png

Maybe Wikipedia is not correct 100% and there are some people who speaks Croatian but it's thousand or two thousand people at most. In Vojvodina there's 2 million people.

If you want to be taken seriously with your language request don't say Croatian is major language in the Balkan region and everybody would benefit from it.
      That is just not true.
      There are double of Serbian, Bulgarian or Greek speakers compared to Croatian.
    • Zemunelo wrote:

If you want to be taken seriously with your language request don't say Croatian is major language in the Balkan region
      Well this too is incorrect. Why would Croatian not be a "major" language, when it is the principal language for one of its countries? All of those countries have fairly small populations (compared to worldwide stats), why on Earth should a few million difference here or there matter?

Both of you should really leave this petty nationalistic rattling out of here.

And note that both languages were, for a rather long period, considered part of a unified Serbo-Croatian one.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • Zemunelo wrote:

Marth wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

Marth wrote:

WednesdayAddams wrote:

It's actually the opposite of what you stated.With Serbian you cover all those including Croatia as well.We all understand each other but you can't use language of country that has less population to cover all others.For example Slovak and Czech people would mostly understand each other but it would be silly to translate to Slovak with the statement "Czech people understand enough".

I think you have a misunderstanding. Serbia is spoken only in Serbia for the most part, while Croatian is also spoken in the countries I brought up earlier, as well as Vojvodina (Northern Serbia)So if you add up the number... there are more than twice as many Croatian speakers than Serbian speakers.

As @Zozo stated above, Serbian is major language in the region. Not only in Serbia.And don't be a child, in Vojvodina (Northern Serbia) nobody speaks Croatian.
      Here's a link to the picture of Vojvodina from Wikipedia with spoken languages :

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vojvodina_languages2011.png

Maybe Wikipedia is not correct 100% and there are some people who speaks Croatian but it's thousand or two thousand people at most. In Vojvodina there's 2 million people.

If you want to be taken seriously with your language request don't say Croatian is major language in the Balkan region and everybody would benefit from it.
      That is just not true.
      There are double of Serbian, Bulgarian or Greek speakers compared to Croatian.
      Well you are a bunch of bull with your Serb nationalist claims. Bet you don’t live in Serbia or anywhere near there. I have actually visited the above countries and got a glimpse of the languages spoken, and the vast majority of those country’s population speak Croatian.

Think about it, has there even been anyone who has suggested for the Serbian language to be added, at least in the past year or so? No.

If you really want/need the Serbian language in the game, complain to the mods in a separate thread, instead of trashing this one with your false claims.
      Bolje dijamant sa manom nego kamenčić bez nje