Add a new language

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I hate when we're having a good conversation then a guy has to heckle and ruin things, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it.

Mrzim kada vodimo dobar razgovor, a onda tip mora zafrkavati i pokvariti stvari, ako nemaš ništa lijepo za reći, nemoj to reći.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • uhhhh, I hate foreign forum posters. I like the cultural diversity, but please translate before you send it.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • Zemunelo wrote:

Zozo001 wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

Nobody is speaking Croatian!
      This is patently false, as far as the countries mentioned (with the possible exception of the Serbian enclave in Bosnia, where the Serbs may have suppressed other speakers). And if you think your statement is not related to a nationalist claim, then you're deluded.OFC it is entirely possible that nobody have spoken to you, but that is merely a reflection on yourself, not on the languages for the areas.

But again, this is completely irrelevant to CON.
      Say again?You claim that:
      People from Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia (Serbian enclave and Muslim population), Northern Macedonia, Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, not to mention Romania or Hungary (both present on Balkan region more or less)...
      Are speaking Croatian?
      Just they didn't spoke Croatian to me :thumbsup:

And don't bring that "Serbs have suppress" nationalist bullshiit when teritorie is not ethnically clean. The majority of the people living there are Serbians so naturally they speak, guess what? Serbian. Surprise?
      ---
      I just reacted to silly claims that people from most of mentioned country would benefit if game is translated to Croatian.
      No they don't and it's not anything related to nationalism to say it.

Here's the link to Wikipedia about Balkans:
      en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkans
      You can read about population and languages that are present there.

Check the language part and you will find that outside of Croatia (4 million people) there is only one country with Croatian language mentioned and that's Bosnia with 15% Cro speakers from total 3,5 million people. And nobody else!
      Balkan region is about 60 million people probably if you include part of Romania and Hungary and their languages.
      Again, like someone stated earlier, the Balkan countries speak the same language. This dates back to the Yugoslav days when we had Serbo Croatian. Since then, the successor states are really speaking almost the same language; the only reason they have different names is because of Nationalism.

So by adding up the number, there are about 14 million Croatian speakers globally, 10 million of whom are located in ex Yugoslav countries.
      Bolje dijamant sa manom nego kamenčić bez nje
    • Red Snapper wrote:

Fun fact: All the languages of the ex-Yugoslav countries (Serbian, Bosnian, etc) are all dialects of Croatian;

Meaning that speakers of those languages could understand a majority of the Croatian language.
      This is great example of nationalist bullshiit!
      It can't be that they all speak dialect from smaller nation. It can only be the opposite. Or everyone has its own language.

Marth wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

Zozo001 wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

Nobody is speaking Croatian!
      This is patently false, as far as the countries mentioned (with the possible exception of the Serbian enclave in Bosnia, where the Serbs may have suppressed other speakers). And if you think your statement is not related to a nationalist claim, then you're deluded.OFC it is entirely possible that nobody have spoken to you, but that is merely a reflection on yourself, not on the languages for the areas.
      But again, this is completely irrelevant to CON.
      Say again?You claim that:People from Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia (Serbian enclave and Muslim population), Northern Macedonia, Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, not to mention Romania or Hungary (both present on Balkan region more or less)...
      Are speaking Croatian?
      Just they didn't spoke Croatian to me :thumbsup:

And don't bring that "Serbs have suppress" nationalist bullshiit when teritorie is not ethnically clean. The majority of the people living there are Serbians so naturally they speak, guess what? Serbian. Surprise?
      ---
      I just reacted to silly claims that people from most of mentioned country would benefit if game is translated to Croatian.
      No they don't and it's not anything related to nationalism to say it.

Here's the link to Wikipedia about Balkans:
      en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkans
      You can read about population and languages that are present there.

Check the language part and you will find that outside of Croatia (4 million people) there is only one country with Croatian language mentioned and that's Bosnia with 15% Cro speakers from total 3,5 million people. And nobody else!
      Balkan region is about 60 million people probably if you include part of Romania and Hungary and their languages.
      Again, like someone stated earlier, the Balkan countries speak the same language. This dates back to the Yugoslav days when we had Serbo Croatian. Since then, the successor states are really speaking almost the same language; the only reason they have different names is because of Nationalism.
      So by adding up the number, there are about 14 million Croatian speakers globally, 10 million of whom are located in ex Yugoslav countries.
      Now I see, you're talking about Serbo - Croatian. But you're wrongly calling it Croatian.
      There's a problem with that. We don't learn that language in school anymore for more than 30 years.
      Most people who speak Serbian learn and use Cyrillic and are not familiar with specific Croatian words that are different.

I understand because I was born in Yugoslavia and had Serbo Croatian in school.
      So if Croatian can't be in Cyrillic your math is not correct. It's only 4 million.
    • Zemunelo wrote:

Red Snapper wrote:

Fun fact: All the languages of the ex-Yugoslav countries (Serbian, Bosnian, etc) are all dialects of Croatian;

Meaning that speakers of those languages could understand a majority of the Croatian language.
      This is great example of nationalist bullshiit!It can't be that they all speak dialect from smaller nation. It can only be the opposite. Or everyone has its own language.
      -
      Everyone speaks the same language, they just have different names for nationalist reasons.
    • xXWolfXx wrote:

Please don't with the virgin references.

@smailovic has been perm banned

@Zemunelo Let's calm down with the language. If you want to state your opinion do it so in a formal manner.
      What do you have against Richard Branson?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD