Enemy has 4 tanks, 5 SAM, 5 mobile artilery, 7 strike planes, 5 fighters on day 10 - How is that possible?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Enemy has 4 tanks, 5 SAM, 5 mobile artilery, 7 strike planes, 5 fighters on day 10 - How is that possible?

Hi Guys,

I am just playing a game on overkill and encountered an enemy that is armed to the teeth on day 10 (10+ infantry, 4 tanks, 5 SAM, 5 mobile artillery, 7 strike planes, 5 fighters), which seems quite impossible for me (unless they have spent 50k+ in gold). Any thoughts ? Also has quite a lot of buildings of course to accommodate these units, but still mind-blowing..
      Files
    • Mih0 wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am just playing a game on overkill and encountered an enemy that is armed to the teeth on day 10 (10+ infantry, 4 tanks, 5 SAM, 5 mobile artillery, 7 strike planes, 5 fighters), which seems quite impossible for me (unless they have spent 50k+ in gold). Any thoughts ? Also has quite a lot of buildings of course to accommodate these units, but still mind-blowing..
      So you already got SPF? By day 10? Thats a bit excessive
      And im also curious to see what was in your stack composition, you litterally had at least MBTs in one of them and about 15 Inf in total with perhaps SAMs in each stack?
    • Yep I use special forces as a highly mobile scout (instead of 3rd level recon) + for hitting behind enemy lines (like planes and anti-air, in the last game I destroyed 12 fighter planes on the ground with them) + for combining them with a main stack to attack a city (because of their high infantry attack and the ignoring defender's bunker bonus) - this works well if I have 5 ,but he had so many SAM launchers that I couldn't use them to destroy his separated SAMs in 1 strike.

In this game at day 10 I had 2 main offensive stacks with a tank in one and recon in the other, both had a SAM in each (which is why he couldn't use his many strikers on me), but the infantry was either given to me at the beginning or it was a national guard. I use national guard because they are cheaper, faster to make (I can make 3 a day in a single city) and are pretty much as strong as a motorized infantry when defending cities (which is their main use). In my strategy I use flanking attack as a main force, before it was helicopters, but in this game I used elite attack aircraft (4) and 3 fighters. I also had a reserve force in my homeland of about 7 national guard and 1 tank, in case someone tried to attack me (which they did).

An update on the current game, even though he was armed to the teeth and he surprise attacked us while we were fighting another country he was defeated.. My friend (with who I play a lot of games together) uses helicopters and he destroyed the SAM launchers without casualties, after which I destroyed the artillery and the tank stack with elite attack aircraft. He had 2 more stacks of infantry in Warsaw and Lublin, Warsaw I bombed with my remaining 3 attack aircraft (combined with fighters, so they can last longer), Lublin I attacked with 1 recon car, 7 national guard and 2 SPF (killed 5 motorized infantry by giving 2 national guard casualties). His massive air force was destroyed by my friend's SAM, the enemy made a foolish attempt to destroy our fighter aircraft when we outnumbered him (5 vs 7 and we were above a SAM AA field), later my friend went closer to his patrolling strike force and took them all down with SAM while the enemy was inactive. He also had 6 additional Strike fighters in Prague, which I destroyed on the ground by using my special forces and later army stack (1 tank 4 infantry).

The first person that we attacked (Ukraine) was destroyed before Poland could attack us in the back, in Ukraine we destroyed 25k by giving only 2k casualties (newspaper stats - he was a good player, but our stacks were made to fight him in particular) and a 3rd person (Baltic states) also declared war on us, but he was a weak player and we destroyed their main attack force (7 infantry and 4 helicopters) in their first attempt of attack and they never tried again.

I love when the game is so challenging, we were outnumbered (player wise), our armies were at least 2x smaller, but in the end we won by using our troops smarter which is just awesome.
      Files

The post was edited 15 times, last by Mih0 ().