Ideas/Changes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Teburu wrote:

RoyalBacon24 wrote:

In response to the replies, I wasn’t saying motorized inf/ MBT was op compared compared to all other units in the game, I meant just in those catergories( armored/infantry) because of them having moderate stats when defending and attacking and are easier to mobilize while other types (i.e. naval infantry, amphibious combat vehicle) are better in more specific situations and could be crushed if you do not pay close attention to them.
      And you just keep digging ...
      Your issue is arguing from a standpoint that considers armor/inf viable in the first place. You can totally invest in a lot of different units to defend yourself against various threats, the key is knowing in which to invest and in which not to invest. A lot of the units cover multiple different things, to a different degree ofc. If the enemy has a type of unit you can not counter that simply means you failed to plan ahead.
      Because in general there are only 3 different types of units that you need to counter: Air, Ground, Navy.
      For example:
      - Artillery already counters pretty much every single ground units.
      - Air Superiority Fighters counter anything that's an Aircraft
      - Ships counter other Ships

ofc there is a lot more to it but that's the extremely simplified version. Did you notice? Tanks or Armor and Melee in general don't feature anywhere in there as a counter to anything.

In general you can get together a pretty diverse army, you just need to actually expand faster than the snail pace a lot of the people seem to prefer.

For Reference: These are the units I had in one of my games at day 36. It could probably be better in terms of what units/the amount I actually built, but frankly once I reached the point that other people stopped being a threat I tend to slow down a lot in terms of unit mobilization and useful research.

Screenshot_1.png
      UAVs max level? Why though, whats so good about them?
      Bunch of Lvl 2 Inf …where da NGs? Not enough Armoured defence so you don’t use them? Thats alot of TDS!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by japan samurai ().

• RoyalBacon24 wrote:

Fighting with range units is only good if the player is inactive or else they would just melee it or move away
      Do you not understand? So what if you move that unit away? You can’t do that if its dead anyway. Either way the damage is done, a unit is put out of action or has been annihilated, There is reason why you have aircrafts, to guard your Arty from ground rushes, which is why you get Mobile radar, (you can see anything except helis and tier 3 planes P.S.)
      If you keep moving uour tanks away, all I need to do is catch up and launch another attack an hour later, and with SAM protection and ASF protection, any Heli / Plane intrusion to try kill my Arty would pretty much fail, or you will pay quite the high price for doing such a thing