Why do people like/play "Overkill" maps?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• playbabe wrote:

a little more chance to found active players because it is a bigger map. i guess
      Maybe by number, but if anything the % inactive seems even higher. You may find more active in a world with a higher % inactive
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Blue Tortoise wrote:

how else can i play madagascar?
      Well I would never suggest "Rising Tides" anything - most idiotic map ever. Could have been great without the magic VP dumps
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• I use to like overkill, un-till I realised you can win the game by just capturing most of the (+100) vp bubbles by like day 15-20

Another reason I also dislike rising tides.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

I mean it's just WW3 with more inactives. (fight me!)
      Well, first of all, I do not know why you are complaining about inactive players. You can get rid of them easily. But the main reason why I like it is that you can play some "exotic" nations such as Papua New Guinea. More players also equal a greater challenge.
      This We'll Defend” - U.S. Army :thumbsup:
    • FarmerJG wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Well, first of all, I do not know why you are complaining about inactive players. You can get rid of them easily. But the main reason why I like it is that you can play some "exotic" nations such as Papua New Guinea. More players also equal a greater challenge.
      "Well, first of all, I do not know why you are complaining about inactive players. You can get rid of them easily."

That's not the point, that they're easy. The point is inactives aren't real unpredictable people. Maybe you like knocking down straw men, but I'd rather lose if it's a good fight than win by crushing everyone with no thought or effort. I mean how can I take enjoyment unfurling the grand strategy of the ultimate Strategos (me) against AI. My brilliance is wasted.

"More players also equal a greater challenge."

But that doesn't happen most of the time. More countries just means more inactives (read AI countries) Which therefore means LESS challenge, no matter what lies you mat choose to believe about having the opportunity to have more players almost never translates to more actual players.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

FarmerJG wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

"Well, first of all, I do not know why you are complaining about inactive players. You can get rid of them easily."
      That's not the point, that they're easy. The point is inactives aren't real unpredictable people. Maybe you like knocking down straw men, but I'd rather lose if it's a good fight than win by crushing everyone with no thought or effort. I mean how can I take enjoyment unfurling the grand strategy of the ultimate Strategos (me) against AI. My brilliance is wasted.

"More players also equal a greater challenge."

But that doesn't happen most of the time. More countries just means more inactives (read AI countries) Which therefore means LESS challenge, no matter what lies you mat choose to believe about having the opportunity to have more players almost never translates to more actual players.
      You might be right about the inactive players, but the main reason that I play Overkill is because you can play nations such as Botswana or Papua New Guinea.
      This We'll Defend” - U.S. Army :thumbsup: