Update - Patch Notes 2211.02

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ripuanewhole wrote:

Aquela wrote:

Changes:
      • The Air patrol command has been revised to fit better with our design goals. Patrolling units will be forced to refuel after a certain amount of time. Read more on our official wiki

What exactly are your "design goals? Forcing players to micro-manage? What's Next? Will ships have to return to port every few hours? Are you going to add new supply vehicles and make us transfer resources between cities? Will our tanks run out of gas? Will infantry run out of Ammo?
      One of the great aspects of this game is that you can set tasks for your units and put the game down for a while. Now in order to protect an area with aircraft players will have to time their patrols to overlap making sleep more dangerous. Or... watch the game constantly so you can keep your aircraft sitting in on the ground ready to launch. I'm going to be really ticked off if I see an incoming attack and just as I send my patrol out to intercept the command is canceled because they have to return to base to refuel.

Ever heard the statement "Keep it simple Stupid"? This change makes the game more complicated and less fun.

Please don't implement this change. It's really quite awful.
      There is really no benefit in this change. It only makes playing air units annoying and frustrating - perhaps thats their "design goal".
    • Ripuanewhole wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

This is certainly a buff for Aircraft Carriers…I actually like that
      How exactly does it buff Aircraft Carriers? They'll be easier to sink because their fighter squadron can't fly cover.
      1. Before the update, there was no reason to get a Carrier because an island could do the job at a far cheaper price. But now, because aircraft need to be refueled, flying shorter distances in patrol mode can become important. Having a Carrier that can make that distance shorter might therefore be beneficial.

2. The biggest threat to Carriers is not aircraft but other ships. And if the NASF is patrolling above the Carrier, the return trip and refuel time will be negligible…only around 15-20 minutes.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aeneas of Troy ().

• Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Ripuanewhole wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

This is certainly a buff for Aircraft Carriers…I actually like that
      How exactly does it buff Aircraft Carriers? They'll be easier to sink because their fighter squadron can't fly cover.
      1. Before the update, there was no reason to get a Carrier because an island could do the job at a far cheaper price. But now, because aircraft need to be refueled, flying shorter distances in patrol mode can become important. Having a Carrier that can make that distance shorter might therefore be beneficial.
      2. The biggest threat to Carriers is not aircraft but other ships. And if the NASF is patrolling above the Carrier, the return trip and refuel time will be negligible…only around 15-20 minutes.
      AND the max refuel time should decrease in higher level carriers! Isn’t that why we do research after all?
    • Ripuanewhole wrote:

. . . Now in order to protect an area with aircraft players will have to time their patrols to overlap making sleep more dangerous. Or... watch the game constantly so you can keep your aircraft sitting in on the ground ready to launch. I'm going to be really ticked off if I see an incoming attack and just as I send my patrol out to intercept the command is canceled because they have to return to base to refuel. . . .
      You seem to be saying that you send planes out to loiter near hostile borders or in areas where you are worried that an attacker might pop up.

As one of your possible opponents, I too will be sad if your planes return to base because they are low on fuel.

I'll be sad because I would definitely prefer they stayed put (on patrol) so that I could find and damage/kill them in the air, and then either wait for them to automatically return for another beating, or follow them back to their home base (to finish my attack while they're grounded).

I definitely don't have a habit of leaving unwatched planes patrolling - And I don't recall any players I think of as good players advising people to leave planes in the air without also giving them frequent human attention.

For me this all adds up to me thinking that even though you disagree now, Dorado might be doing you a favor.
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

1. There is still no reason to get a Carrier because multiple islands are cheaper. I have never once found a need for a carrier, or the planes that can land on it.
      2. Considering I've never used a carrier, and never plan to, I can only speak from the perspective of a Carrier hunter. And even then I've only come across one and I sunk it with my Airforce/missiles. My games don't generally last long enough for carriers to be useful. That particular carrier was built by a gold user.
    • I started using carriers a bit during the last season, because the elite attack planes could use them and I wanted to see if they would help speed up invasions of coastal Nations. They kind of did, but probably not enough to justify the expense of the things.

I guess forcing planes to refuel will make carriers a bit more appealing, because you will be able to move your frontline airbase forward without waiting 10 hours for a new one to be operational. But if planes still aren't able to repair on carriers, I shouldn't think it'd be worth it.

I've also tried using them for helicopters, but I don't really think that's worth the expense either. I'm hoping the new Heli carriers will be significantly cheaper, but the biggest factor counting against them is still the inability to repair aircraft.
    • KFGauss wrote:

You seem to be saying that you send planes out to loiter near hostile borders or in areas where you are worried that an attacker might pop up.
      As one of your possible opponents, I too will be sad if your planes return to base because they are low on fuel.

I'll be sad because I would definitely prefer they stayed put (on patrol) so that I could find and damage/kill them in the air, and then either wait for them to automatically return for another beating, or follow them back to their home base (to finish my attack while they're grounded).

I definitely don't have a habit of leaving unwatched planes patrolling - And I don't recall any players I think of as good players advising people to leave planes in the air without also giving them frequent human attention.

For me this all adds up to me thinking that even though you disagree now, Dorado might be doing you a favor.
      There are many situations where patrolling your aircraft is useful. For example, in my current game I knew that my opponent built strike aircraft. I was building a new airfield in the Philippines which I assumed he could only access quickly via air. So while I slept I had two stacks of fighters protecting it. He couldn't reach the airbase where they were stationed. Or, while I'm waiting for a new airfield to reach 40% construction I'll have my planes circling it so they can land as soon as it's operational. Early in the game I will frequently leave my planes (if they're at 100% health) in the air while I sleep in case the air base is attacked. Obviously there are times when patrol is dangerous, like if your opponent has anti-air units, but that doesn't occur very often for me since I usually rush the map so quickly that my opponents don't put up much resistance.

In other news I just checked out your stats only to discover that you have a better win/loss record and higher kill/death ratio than I do, which is saying something. I'm currently a trainee at Prestige Worldwide (in my opinion the best clan as they have zero losses). You should apply to join via discord.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ripuanewhole ().

• Ripuanewhole wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

1. There is still no reason to get a Carrier because multiple islands are cheaper. I have never once found a need for a carrier, or the planes that can land on it.2. Considering I've never used a carrier, and never plan to, I can only speak from the perspective of a Carrier hunter. And even then I've only come across one and I sunk it with my Airforce/missiles. My games don't generally last long enough for carriers to be useful. That particular carrier was built by a gold user.
      I totally agree with your assessment. At present, Carriers are not viable. Which is why I am in favor of almost anything that makes it a bit better.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • WalterChang wrote:

I started using carriers a bit during the last season, because the elite attack planes could use them and I wanted to see if they would help speed up invasions of coastal Nations. They kind of did, but probably not enough to justify the expense of the things.

I guess forcing planes to refuel will make carriers a bit more appealing, because you will be able to move your frontline airbase forward without waiting 10 hours for a new one to be operational. But if planes still aren't able to repair on carriers, I shouldn't think it'd be worth it.

I've also tried using them for helicopters, but I don't really think that's worth the expense either. I'm hoping the new Heli carriers will be significantly cheaper, but the biggest factor counting against them is still the inability to repair aircraft.
      Actually, Carriers do repair aircraft at 2 hp a day if I’m not mistaken.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aeneas of Troy ().

• Blue Tortoise wrote:

Playing a public game right now with a coalition partner using a carrier for coastal bombardment. No other ships. No aircraft. Just the carrier. ?(
      That's crazy.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • Ripuanewhole wrote:

. . .
      In other news I just checked out your stats only to discover that you have a better win/loss record and higher kill/death ratio than I do, which is saying something. I'm currently a trainee at Prestige Worldwide (in my opinion the best clan as they have zero losses). You should apply to join via discord.
      Thanks for the invite, but . . . I try not to put much stock in those stats of mine, and you should give them even less weight.

They are pretty thin. All are from public games, most with friends in a coalition, half or more in FP or BGUSA, and not very many games in total.

Also, I just don't have (or don't want to have) time for the commitment needed to play well in alliance games.

So, again, thanks for the offer, but I have to respectfully decline while wishing you and your alliance continued success.
    • I never seen @KFGauss so nice. Huh... that's different?

And to a newbie omg!

• And your still the up tight pain in the ass which annoyes most newbies.

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Destroyer 4 ().

• Sorry I contribute to the thread now.

Hmmm...

Updates, patches, long sentences, pacific theater, 4x, 1x, carriers, and 2211.2 blah

• Aeneas of Troy wrote:

WalterChang wrote:

I started using carriers a bit during the last season, because the elite attack planes could use them and I wanted to see if they would help speed up invasions of coastal Nations. They kind of did, but probably not enough to justify the expense of the things.

Actually, Carriers do repair aircraft at 2 hp a day if I’m not mistaken.

WalterChang wrote:

You are both kinda right. EAAs cant heal on carriers but normal naval planes can
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron