Update - Patch Notes 2211.02

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Boy bye, I don't want to wake up and have my troops half way to its destination.
      Its called patience and its a virtue...at least ot some people.

Why did I miss the part where they buffed hitpoint for normal choopers in western doctrine? This was special to eastern so far...

Is there anynew new to compensate this for eastern?
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kurtvonstein ().

• I rather spend 2weeks-month in a game instead of 2-3months in a game.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • well i tried 4x speedand I must admit it is like a drug. the fast enrollment ofthe game is charming when you have the time to follow the game when your online. if reallife hits you then ever hour you cant be online is a potential kick in your guts.

Single speed gives you more time to react. and a bit more of a nice 8h sleep pattern.

I am an old fart. #ineedmysleep
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Your right in all points, I just don't want to spend 2-3 weeks conquering russia

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Destroyer 4 ().

• Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Actually, Carriers do repair aircraft at 2 hp a day if I’m not mistaken.

JohnFKennedy wrote:

You are both kinda right. EAAs cant heal on carriers but normal naval planes can
      What makes you think this?

If you hover over the "Carrier-Based Aircraft" icon in the unit description of a helicopter or of any carrier-based plane, the tooltip specifically says, "Aircraft will not heal while landed on an aircraft carrier."

I've also used them quite recently (NASFs, NSFs and Helis) and I'm pretty sure that they do not heal.
    • WalterChang wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Actually, Carriers do repair aircraft at 2 hp a day if I’m not mistaken.

JohnFKennedy wrote:

You are both kinda right. EAAs cant heal on carriers but normal naval planes can
      What makes you think this?
      If you hover over the "Carrier-Based Aircraft" icon in the unit description of a helicopter or of any carrier-based plane, the tooltip specifically says, "Aircraft will not heal while landed on an aircraft carrier."

I've also used them quite recently (NASFs, NSFs and Helis) and I'm pretty sure that they do not heal.
      Carriers themselves dont heal the unit. But if the carrier is in coastal waters then units on the carrier benefit from the 2hp/day healing.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Oh god ai... I just hate 1x. I hate so aspects of 4x the rush that can give you more stress wrinkles on your face then a gma.

• They should air fuel ⛽ tankers for aircraft that are patrolling...

• well they definitly did 2 months ago. dont know if they still do. but its a pro tip. and a big advantage of aircraft carriers. especially if next goodhospital if fat away.
      @devs Me still waiting for Helicopter Carrier

@Dealer of Death I might need a meme for thus

The post was edited 2 times, last by kurtvonstein ().

• kurtvonstein wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Boy bye, I don't want to wake up and have my troops half way to its destination.
      Its called patience and its a virtue...at least ot some people.
      Why did I miss the part where they buffed hitpoint for normal choopers in western doctrine? This was special to eastern so far...

Is there anynew new to compensate this for eastern?
      You’re German... you should get the joke...
    • ok. i'm not a fan of the revised air fuel policy, but i understand the intention.

But seriously, now, think this through:

- i have a drone / plane / anything who is based on an airport in location A;
      - it is patrolling in location C
      - between A and C, directly under the flight path, there is an airport in location B

Now, so it happens that my drone / plane / anything has decided that it's running out of fuel and it's going back to A. Now, for the love of whoever is up there, can someone please explain to me why i cannot make my drone / plane / anything land in B and refuel? but instead i have to wait for it to go half way around the world and then come back?

How is this making it more realistic?

"Hey, we're running out of fuel, who cares if there is an airport right under our feet - let's go to the one 4 hours away because that's where we took off from!" - eh, nah.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sgniappo ().

• Sgniappo wrote:

ok. i'm not a fan of the revised air fuel policy, but i understand the intention.

But seriously, now, think this through:

- i have a drone / plane / anything who is based on an airport in location A;
      - it is patrolling in location C
      - between A and C, directly under the flight path, there is an airport in location B

Now, so it happens that my drone / plane / anything has decided that it's running out of fuel and it's going back to A. Now, for the love of whoever is up there, can someone please explain to me why i cannot make my drone / plane / anything land in B and refuel? but instead i have to wait for it to go half way around the world and then come back?

if the intention was to make it more 'realistic', it's a fail. More frustrating? success.
      What you describe was obviously left out of the realism.

I too have wished that I could send my plane on a mission AND simultaneously plan to have it return to a new airport after the mission (instead of having to send it to the new airport (and refuel) before sending it on the mission).

However, I'll bet that if planes automatically chose their refueling airport (at the end of every mission or when it's refueling after being in the air as long as possible) I would be driven nuts by having my planes scatter instead of staying where I purposefully put them. I might have put them at a specific starting airport because it's well defended, or close to the plane's next mission/target, or equipped with a hospital, or far from enemy air defenses/ASF, or etc.

So, I think the current compromise is the right one if the devs don't want to add a layer of complication (defining a return airport) to defining air missions.