Useless UAV Signature?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Useless UAV Signature?

I have a couple of questions, maybe more like a rant...

1. What is the point of having a low fixed wing signature on a UAV when anybody can see them and shoot them down? I would have expected an enemy unit would have to be able to see a low fixed wing signature in order to see the UAV at all.

2. My UAV flew over a level one corvette. The corvette shot me and caused damage and caused the opponent to declare war on me. How the heck can a corvette even see me let alone shoot at a UAV? No, there were no other enemy forces anywhere near at the time.
    • Are you sure a corvette as has no offense against planes in air. Probably a frig and yeah if you flew over me id shoot you.

But yes UAVs are useless if not stealth and then still fairly useless.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Also, everything has a sight range and some have higher radar detection ranges than others while some have none at all. Corvettes (at level 1) can pick up on radar signatures around 75 Dorado units away which means they will be a blue radar blip ONLY if they give off a HIGH radar signature. Once any aircraft comes into that 40 Dorado unit sight range (Unless specifically stated as a stealth unit) it will become visible to the corvette. Also any aircraft that aren't stealth will be visible over terrain of an opposing nation.
      Files

The post was edited 1 time, last by Burzerke ().

• KFGauss wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

Pale and I always disagree about this: I say UAVs are useful against AI countries, and I notice that there are usually more AI countries to be gobbled up than there are player-run countries.
      YMMV
      They are AI. you now where they are and what they have why need a UAV to AI?
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• The Pale Rider wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

Pale and I always disagree about this: I say UAVs are useful against AI countries, and I notice that there are usually more AI countries to be gobbled up than there are player-run countries.YMMV
      They are AI. you now where they are and what they have why need a UAV to AI?
      I'm tempted to explain, but I'm more disappointed that you don't remember any of the other times I've explained my thinking about this.

Also, this is a thread primarily about Corvettes and UAVs.
    • Sgniappo wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

i could never understand this argument. i'm not even talking about agreeing, i'm simply saying understanding - so that i could then disagree.

Saying stealth UAVs are (still fairly) useless is the same as saying 'intel about your enemy is useless'. And i... cannot agree?
      Look at city buildings; map and Con News; all the ree intel you need.

• The Pale Rider wrote:

Sgniappo wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

i could never understand this argument. i'm not even talking about agreeing, i'm simply saying understanding - so that i could then disagree.
      Saying stealth UAVs are (still fairly) useless is the same as saying 'intel about your enemy is useless'. And i... cannot agree?
      Look at city buildings; map and Con News; all the ree intel you need.
      really? and when my 'radar unit', or my recon one, takes out a stack of enemy infantry, how do you know what that was? what level? how many of what? what is left?

Of course, all of that is useful - even more so when you have no other option. But you can't summarise intel with 'reading the map and the news'. Intel is a combination of all of that, and you can't beat knowing exactly what the enemy has.

let me exaggerate to make a point: if you could remove the fog of war, wouldn't that be the ultimate intel tool? because that's what stealth drones do.

but hey, i don't mean to convince anyone. You read the map, i put stealth drones on your cities. I'm good with that :)