The Price of Victory

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If i recall correct then european doctrine has SF on first day. anyway golder like overlord or apocalypse map where all research is available on first day. thats why i dont play this map.

paying someone to do dirty work…and sometimes doing the dirty work and nuke some good and dangerous players.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • JohnFKennedy wrote:

Usually I make advertisments of my coalition (usually named NATO) on newspaper and tell people that only rank 10+ players can join. I had some experience where I was the only one active out of my 5-man-strong coalition. (userxxxxxx) I never let ppl called userxxxxx in since then.
      When I read this it made me very sad, Why? Because one of the things that pisses me off is coalitions using "NATO". It's like, "Oh, really, did you use up all your creativity on picking one of the preapproved flags?" I still like you JFK, but don't say that again, better yet, don't do that again, expand your mind!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • @Dealer of Death
      Dont be so hard. If you are a marketing guy then calling your coalition NATO. Most player can assosiate this with big militar power and protection. you dont need lots of description and explanation.
      My favorite name is Pirates of kill.
      its abit more difficult to grab for its meaning.
      A pirate is a person who is somewhere he is not supposed to be and killing is self explanatory.

worst marketing example is „bee slobber“ for bee honey.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

Usually I make advertisments of my coalition (usually named NATO) on newspaper and tell people that only rank 10+ players can join. I had some experience where I was the only one active out of my 5-man-strong coalition. (userxxxxxx) I never let ppl called userxxxxx in since then.
      When I read this it made me very sad, Why? Because one of the things that pisses me off is coalitions using "NATO". It's like, "Oh, really, did you use up all your creativity on picking one of the preapproved flags?" I still like you JFK, but don't say that again, better yet, don't do that again, expand your mind!
      Lol
      Kurt's pretty right. I just put "Collective defense. Be active" in the description panel of the coalition. Saves time. Also I like NATO. (please dont elaborate on that) In any case, usually that names attracts a lot more players than other coalitions-I had a game where a noob (Afghanistan) had done that and made the US, Russia join it.
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

. . . Hey CoN Ill work on commission when making golders burn $$ 8o . . .
      Side topic - Could some enterprising teenagers earn some non-trivial spending money (enough for a weekly cheap date night) by selling their services as worthy opponents, or as coalition-allies?Sort of like being sparring partners, or babysitters, pro-am tournament golfers, or safari guides.

What would the price point be (how much would 10% of a high-spender's typical outlay be?)?

In my mind this low-automation activity would occur 100% outside of Dorado's business (They don't need the headaches).
      I doubt it. Most teenage or appear to be teenage players arent very good. They come on games all cocky talking trash day 1; thinking game is Call of Duty. Somehow get into a 5 man coalition after picking big country; decide to post a "warning" article how they are in charge of the world and please ask permission prior to attacking anyone. they may day 1 attack someone and lose 2/3rd of troops.
      90 pct of players I let into my alliance; I end up regretting it. So now may pick a few applicants just to limit day 1 possible attackers and they weed themselves out in a few days. But more and more just go solo or keep coalition to 2 or 3.
      As a teenager, I resent that.
      Overkill is an Awesome Map! :D
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

. . . Hey CoN Ill work on commission when making golders burn $$ 8o . . .
      Side topic - Could some enterprising teenagers earn some non-trivial spending money (enough for a weekly cheap date night) by selling their services as worthy opponents, or as coalition-allies?Sort of like being sparring partners, or babysitters, pro-am tournament golfers, or safari guides.

What would the price point be (how much would 10% of a high-spender's typical outlay be?)?

In my mind this low-automation activity would occur 100% outside of Dorado's business (They don't need the headaches).
      I doubt it. Most teenage or appear to be teenage players arent very good. They come on games all cocky talking trash day 1; thinking game is Call of Duty. Somehow get into a 5 man coalition after picking big country; decide to post a "warning" article how they are in charge of the world and please ask permission prior to attacking anyone. they may day 1 attack someone and lose 2/3rd of troops.
      90 pct of players I let into my alliance; I end up regretting it. So now may pick a few applicants just to limit day 1 possible attackers and they weed themselves out in a few days. But more and more just go solo or keep coalition to 2 or 3.
      Ehem ….
      WHAT DID YA JUST SAY?!!!?