The Price of Victory

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • The Price of Victory

      Many-a-time, especially on public games, I run into one (or more) golders, who use their shiny armor to wreak havoc. Some of them get their job done quick, while others take several days to take out one enemy. I try to make golders pay top dollar for their victories, via repetitive bombardment, “Homeland Excursions” and similar strategies.

      A question has formulated in my mind: How much, on average, do golders spend per game? 100k? 200? Maybe more? If there’s any mass gold users out there (no shame), or anyone else who might know, how much gold is used on average for a single game victory?

      I’m kinda curious.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

      "I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

      Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

      Many-a-time, especially on public games, I run into one (or more) golders, who use their shiny armor to wreak havoc. Some of them get their job done quick, while others take several days to take out one enemy. I try to make golders pay top dollar for their victories, via repetitive bombardment, “Homeland Excursions” and similar strategies.

      A question has formulated in my mind: How much, on average, do golders spend per game? 100k? 200? Maybe more? If there’s any mass gold users out there (no shame), or anyone else who might know, how much gold is used on average for a single game victory?

      I’m kinda curious.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way


      "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

      Many-a-time, especially on public games, I run into one (or more) golders, who use their shiny armor to wreak havoc. Some of them get their job done quick, while others take several days to take out one enemy. I try to make golders pay top dollar for their victories, via repetitive bombardment, “Homeland Excursions” and similar strategies.

      A question has formulated in my mind: How much, on average, do golders spend per game? 100k? 200? Maybe more? If there’s any mass gold users out there (no shame), or anyone else who might know, how much gold is used on average for a single game victory?

      I’m kinda curious.
      I think it depends on how skilled the golder is,if he is like those flashpoint golders,than even after spending 200k bricks he might lose the game.I even have a video on my YouTube channel about a flashpoint golder.

      (By the way that video is not about his foolishness but a parody of how to use gold successfully, featuring him)

      So in the end it is about the specific situation in the game or else the golder's mindset.
      Lol I would also like to hear about this topic from a Mass gold spender.You know first hand experience is always the best!
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

      Tifo_14 wrote:

      Many-a-time, especially on public games, I run into one (or more) golders, who use their shiny armor to wreak havoc. Some of them get their job done quick, while others take several days to take out one enemy. I try to make golders pay top dollar for their victories, via repetitive bombardment, “Homeland Excursions” and similar strategies.

      A question has formulated in my mind: How much, on average, do golders spend per game? 100k? 200? Maybe more? If there’s any mass gold users out there (no shame), or anyone else who might know, how much gold is used on average for a single game victory?

      I’m kinda curious.

      Where do you find those imgs
    • I played a game one with a guy that revealed national forces probably 10-12 times on various countries. He also had the most insane navy i've ever seen and have never come close to duplicating, so i'm going to assume that coalition victory cost him well over 200k, probably north of 300k which seems a bit excessive to me. I'm usually good for about 5k or so to speed up a few key things or raise morale in a hurry, after that it's too rich for my blood!
    • Blue Tortoise wrote:

      I played a game one with a guy that revealed national forces probably 10-12 times on various countries. He also had the most insane navy i've ever seen and have never come close to duplicating, so i'm going to assume that coalition victory cost him well over 200k, probably north of 300k which seems a bit excessive to me. I'm usually good for about 5k or so to speed up a few key things or raise morale in a hurry, after that it's too rich for my blood!
      Agreed, I will never spend more than ~7k gold per game.
    • Red Snapper wrote:

      Blue Tortoise wrote:

      I played a game one with a guy that revealed national forces probably 10-12 times on various countries. He also had the most insane navy i've ever seen and have never come close to duplicating, so i'm going to assume that coalition victory cost him well over 200k, probably north of 300k which seems a bit excessive to me. I'm usually good for about 5k or so to speed up a few key things or raise morale in a hurry, after that it's too rich for my blood!
      Agreed, I will never spend more than ~7k gold per game.
      There was one game of flashpoint fairly early for me where a guy was golding like crazy, dropping nukes on whatever day its first possible. He was messaging everyone about how resistance was futile and all this nonsense... that's the one game I went crazy on lol. Just couldn't give him the satisfaction.
    • WednesdayAddams wrote:

      Where do you find those imgs
      Ummm, google image search is your friend. Helps if you have an understanding of searches to know the exact right words tho. The idea comes from me, and I find the image that fits it, or my narrative of it, best.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way


      "Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • When 2 mass golders fight each other:

      Dorado:
      tenor.com/view/bugs-bunny-loon…unting-money-gif-17544086


      <div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="17544086" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1.38528" data-width="100%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/bugs-bunny-looney-tunes-cash-money-counting-money-gif-17544086">Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/bugs+bunny-gifs">Bugs Bunny GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>
    • I enjoy making golders spend money. Hey CoN Ill work on commission when making golders burn $$ 8o

      But best bet is to get at their cities. Had a noob playing USA few games ago run mouth and put spies on me, so sailed across map and wrecked his cities; he kept gold rebuilding so would whack them back down.

      Generally after 2 - 3 days most golders give up and/or Mom gets her CC back ;) Had guys probably spending a Hundy per day before; as long as not auto healing they all generally fall as not good players. They buy the toys but dont know how to use them.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

      aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

      . . . Hey CoN Ill work on commission when making golders burn $$ 8o . . .
      Side topic - Could some enterprising teenagers earn some non-trivial spending money (enough for a weekly cheap date night) by selling their services as worthy opponents, or as coalition-allies?

      Sort of like being sparring partners, or babysitters, pro-am tournament golfers, or safari guides.

      What would the price point be (how much would 10% of a high-spender's typical outlay be?)?

      In my mind this low-automation activity would occur 100% outside of Dorado's business (They don't need the headaches).
    • WednesdayAddams wrote:

      The Pale Rider wrote:

      Generally after 2 - 3 days most golders give up and/or Mom gets her CC back ;)
      what is that supposed to mean
      Kids who spend too much of parents $ on their Credit card.

      Usually:

      Day 1 : Beat Golder in a hand full of battles and take out major threat capabilities.
      Day 2: Golder rebuilt cities; spins up a aircraft carrier or some other high priced toys they dont know how to use. Loses new Toys in battle (someone forgets to tell noob golder an empty aircraft carrier is a brick) ;(
      Day 3: Tries another rebuild but beat down cities as being rebuilt. Generally at this time they quit and go spend gold on one of the other dozen games they are playing.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

      aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • KFGauss wrote:

      The Pale Rider wrote:

      . . . Hey CoN Ill work on commission when making golders burn $$ 8o . . .
      Side topic - Could some enterprising teenagers earn some non-trivial spending money (enough for a weekly cheap date night) by selling their services as worthy opponents, or as coalition-allies?
      Sort of like being sparring partners, or babysitters, pro-am tournament golfers, or safari guides.

      What would the price point be (how much would 10% of a high-spender's typical outlay be?)?

      In my mind this low-automation activity would occur 100% outside of Dorado's business (They don't need the headaches).
      I doubt it. Most teenage or appear to be teenage players arent very good. They come on games all cocky talking trash day 1; thinking game is Call of Duty. Somehow get into a 5 man coalition after picking big country; decide to post a "warning" article how they are in charge of the world and please ask permission prior to attacking anyone. they may day 1 attack someone and lose 2/3rd of troops.

      90 pct of players I let into my alliance; I end up regretting it. So now may pick a few applicants just to limit day 1 possible attackers and they weed themselves out in a few days. But more and more just go solo or keep coalition to 2 or 3.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

      aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

      KFGauss wrote:

      The Pale Rider wrote:

      . . . Hey CoN Ill work on commission when making golders burn $$ 8o . . .
      Side topic - Could some enterprising teenagers earn some non-trivial spending money (enough for a weekly cheap date night) by selling their services as worthy opponents, or as coalition-allies?Sort of like being sparring partners, or babysitters, pro-am tournament golfers, or safari guides.

      What would the price point be (how much would 10% of a high-spender's typical outlay be?)?

      In my mind this low-automation activity would occur 100% outside of Dorado's business (They don't need the headaches).
      I doubt it. Most teenage or appear to be teenage players arent very good. They come on games all cocky talking trash day 1; thinking game is Call of Duty. Somehow get into a 5 man coalition after picking big country; decide to post a "warning" article how they are in charge of the world and please ask permission prior to attacking anyone. they may day 1 attack someone and lose 2/3rd of troops.
      90 pct of players I let into my alliance; I end up regretting it. So now may pick a few applicants just to limit day 1 possible attackers and they weed themselves out in a few days. But more and more just go solo or keep coalition to 2 or 3.
      That's (obviously) why "most" players wouldn't be successful doing what I suggested, and also exactly why there might be a market that the better 1/10 of 1% of players might be able to exploit.
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

      KFGauss wrote:

      The Pale Rider wrote:

      . . . Hey CoN Ill work on commission when making golders burn $$ 8o . . .
      Side topic - Could some enterprising teenagers earn some non-trivial spending money (enough for a weekly cheap date night) by selling their services as worthy opponents, or as coalition-allies?Sort of like being sparring partners, or babysitters, pro-am tournament golfers, or safari guides.

      What would the price point be (how much would 10% of a high-spender's typical outlay be?)?

      In my mind this low-automation activity would occur 100% outside of Dorado's business (They don't need the headaches).
      I doubt it. Most teenage or appear to be teenage players arent very good. They come on games all cocky talking trash day 1; thinking game is Call of Duty. Somehow get into a 5 man coalition after picking big country; decide to post a "warning" article how they are in charge of the world and please ask permission prior to attacking anyone. they may day 1 attack someone and lose 2/3rd of troops.
      90 pct of players I let into my alliance; I end up regretting it. So now may pick a few applicants just to limit day 1 possible attackers and they weed themselves out in a few days. But more and more just go solo or keep coalition to 2 or 3.
      Usually I make advertisments of my coalition (usually named NATO) on newspaper and tell people that only rank 10+ players can join. I had some experience where I was the only one active out of my 5-man-strong coalition. (userxxxxxx) I never let ppl called userxxxxx in since then.
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine
    • Lets try to make Clusters of Gold players. I start

      The Nuker (90000GM)

      Researches nukes and delivera them juat as deliberated as santa. Very hard to conquer in the first 15 days.
      See one keep a low profile. Get your Theater Defense 3 minimum in most if your cities. And then confront him.
      Only failed once to me. And I still asume it was a bug that Point Defense did not work on 4 x speed map when 3 x lvl4 icbm are hitting the same target within 3 seconds.

      the economical guy
      buys an exceptional pilot and 4 Strike fighters on day1. Basically dominates all the noobs around him.
      Same thing here. get your SAM up and running as soon as possible.

      The silicon valley manager (100 k per day)
      builds troops like crazy. upgrades them to highest lvl but cannot manage the high upkeep costs so while he is offline to play golf his country fuel runs out and here suffers moral penalties.
      Alle sagten: Das geht nicht. Dann kam einer, der wusste das nicht und hat es einfach gemacht.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:



      the economical guy
      buys an exceptional pilot and 4 Strike fighters on day1. Basically dominates all the noobs around him.
      Same thing here. get your SAM up and running as soon as possible.
      How to get SFs on day 1?

      kurtvonstein wrote:

      The silicon valley manager (100 k per day)

      builds troops like crazy. upgrades them to highest lvl but cannot manage the high upkeep costs so while he is offline to play golf his country fuel runs out and here suffers moral penalties.

      You forgot to mention his slaves helpers whom he hires to help him play his game. Which will make him win, maybe even without gold.
      Also he can just buy a lot of fuel before he went away
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine