Pause button

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Create public map that is open for the same 3 or 4 hours a day. Have the game speed say 4x or 6x. (or regular 1x speed)

On the off hours the game is frozen and no moves are allowed.

Players go back to their regular life in the off hours. - Work, sleep, eat, whatever.

If the Con programers can set this up as a choice, you may attract more longer lasting players.

How many new players get their empire sacked when they log off? Veterans to.

How about a 2 hour a day (the same hours every day) game at 8x or 10x speed? Game frozen in the off hours. Worth a beta try.
    • I think it would be worth a trial also. I just believe it would be very hard to implement across the different time zones (world wide). Maybe it could be just select maps so people who want the original can play that way.
      "Retreat hell! We're not retreating ..we're just advancing in a different direction." General Oliver Smith USMC
    • JimmyMaestro wrote:

Create public map that is open for the same 3 or 4 hours a day. Have the game speed say 4x or 6x. (or regular 1x speed)

On the off hours the game is frozen and no moves are allowed.

Players go back to their regular life in the off hours. - Work, sleep, eat, whatever.

If the Con programers can set this up as a choice, you may attract more longer lasting players.

How many new players get their empire sacked when they log off? Veterans to.

How about a 2 hour a day (the same hours every day) game at 8x or 10x speed? Game frozen in the off hours. Worth a beta try.
      no no no no no... nope nope nope nope... no no no no no... nope nope nope nope... no no no no no...
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • it is good i like he idea. mao spawner spawns map ecery hour. why not generate the every hour with the offline pattern shifted. zhus every grown up player can pick zhe map which fits his most. and for th 24/7 guys there will be the normal game mode @The Destroyer 4 is a win win.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • At the end of the day... it's not doing anything to fix the issue on different time zones.

Because even with that idea that @JimmyMaestro said will still not fix the time zone issue in CON.

10x speed give me a break, you trying to give us a stroke!
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • Zemunelo wrote:

There are plenty of quick RTS games even good mobile games as well. Fast paced and easy to play at hours of your needs.
      This one is meant to be played 24/7.
      really i dont know any. your input is apprexiated

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

At the end of the day... it's not doing anything to fix the issue on different time zones.
      I wouldnt say so. people can choose a game that benefits the biorythm of their timezone/lifestyle(f.e. a nurse that does night shift in US might wanne prefer europe timezoje for playing)
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • I actually prefer the regular speed game myself. But I can see the benefit of other types of games. I cant hardly play the 4x type because its too fast for me but some like that. The various option of having a game open for only a couple of hours is also not my style but for some I guess it would be a way to keep them interested in CON. I play on the pc and started that way , but I play on mobile quite a bit because of my work. Change can be good I think.
      "Retreat hell! We're not retreating ..we're just advancing in a different direction." General Oliver Smith USMC
    • I've played online games for several years now. (I'm no spring chicken) I'm retired from work and have more time than most to play these online games.

But most people don't have the time I have. For them a fixed time period each day could be a great way for them to learn the game and stick with it for a while.

If a game is only 2 hours a day how about a 12x game? 2 hours = 24 hours of a 1x game? I agree probably too fast for me but I'd try it.

How about a game that last only 7 days and each day it's only open for a fixed number of hours. Say 2 or 3 or 4 hours a day. Again the same time of the day open. What speed should this game be? I'd sign up to beta try that game.

How about a fixed 2 week game, a 3 week game, a 4 week game......Same principle of fixed hours in the day where players can log on.

Looking at the player rankings the game has over 12 million people that tried the game. How many actually stick around? A very small slice of that pie. (Understood there are a percentage of multiplayers in that total)

Time zone play could grow that slice of the pie.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

There are plenty of quick RTS games even good mobile games as well. Fast paced and easy to play at hours of your needs.
      This one is meant to be played 24/7.
      really i dont know any. your input is apprexiated
      I suppose you are asking for mobile rts game?
      Because there are so many of them for the desktop.
      A quick one mobile phone game as I recall for eg:
      Try Art of War 3 Global Conflict from Gear games.