Pause button

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pause button

Well we have lota of discussions on 4x speed and single speed. But the real issue is online time. Unlike my favorite game such as rome total war or command and conquer. I have to sync my playtime with some 63 random players which are distributed around the world.
      Main topic is: While a player is offline his troops are basically headless canon fooder. unless they have range attack and might shoot back.
      So how can we sync battle time and make this game interesting for everone? Hiw about having offline times?

like a game has a fix pause time that suits different lifestyles/setups. Such as a pause from 2200 till 0600 and this per time zone. such as usa, european chinese time. depending on player base.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • no no no no no... nope nope nope nope... no no no no no... nope nope nope nope... no no no no no...
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • If and most likely your opponent is located 12 hours time zone from you. How the hell do you think you should be able to dictate their online playing schedule. Maybe you should play a game that is not against real live players. Something along the lines of a video game. I have a hard time believing someone would even think this is a good idea for CON.
      "Retreat hell! We're not retreating ..we're just advancing in a different direction." General Oliver Smith USMC
    • bobqz wrote:

If and most likely your opponent is located 12 hours time zone from you. How the hell do you think you should be able to dictate their online playing schedule. Maybe you should play a game that is not against real live players. Something along the lines of a video game. I have a hard time believing someone would even think this is a good idea for CON.
      This is easy to solve, the inactive/pause period of each game that has one is advertised (in the Dorado "New Games" signup page). All players would know each game's schedule and would choose a game that suited them. The pause time wouldn't be forced on them.
    • But why force a pause on someone that's trying to get into the action, and attack.

• True... I get ya.

Won't that make the game longer though, like 1x players already spend 2-3 months in a game anyway... it would suck to make it longer.

• kurtvonstein wrote:

Well we have lota of discussions on 4x speed and single speed. But the real issue is online time. Unlike my favorite game such as rome total war or command and conquer. I have to sync my playtime with some 63 random players which are distributed around the world.
      Main topic is: While a player is offline his troops are basically headless canon fooder. unless they have range attack and might shoot back.
      So how can we sync battle time and make this game interesting for everone? Hiw about having offline times?

like a game has a fix pause time that suits different lifestyles/setups. Such as a pause from 2200 till 0600 and this per time zone. such as usa, european chinese time. depending on player base.
      I like this idea. It would certainly be beneficial in Alliance Challenges as well.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • This is clearly segregation of players by time zone and it would certainly kill the game.
      Luckily they would never do it.

What they could do instead is a kind of armistice that every individual player could initiate to use daily.
      For example 4h per day which is enough to give you some sleep time :)
      During the armistice period nobody could start combat against that player and all the combat already started would pause.

At least this wouldn't segregate players.

But map specific pause, big NO!
    • Zemunelo wrote:

This is clearly segregation of players by time zone and it would certainly kill the game.

What they could do instead is a kind of armistice that every individual player could initiate to use daily.
      During the armistice period nobody could start combat against that player and all the combat already started would pause.

What country do you live in? If there are enough players from your country they could all join the same lobby and play games together, so for the most part you don’t have to worry about sleep-time...

That’s a good idea. I think what they should do is have you select your country and then you can play games made exclusively for citizens of that country.

I should make a thread for this idea.
    • well i gueas 3 timezonea ia not a big deal. but US and europe is a big thing. i notice this when i do coaltions.

you can hardly coordinate your attacks cause when I go to sleep my teammates come oneline.

it also doesnt have to be for ever game. juat 3-4 bug regions with many players and then apecials game which anouce the pause time at start.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • WednesdayAddams wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

This is clearly segregation of players by time zone and it would certainly kill the game.

What country do you live in? If there are enough players from your country they could all join the same lobby and play games together, so for the most part you don’t have to worry about sleep-time...
      That’s a good idea. I think what they should do is have you select your country and then you can play games made exclusively for citizens of that country.

I should make a thread for this idea.
      I'm in Europe in +2 time zone. But that's not the point and the way for this game.

I believe big Germanico (who is actually company CEO) explained this long time ago.
      The main thing they want to avoid is player segregation.
      That's why this is the worst idea from all ideas we have had here.
      And it's not first time we had conversation about this topic.
      They don't even want to create ranked 10+ lvl games because of the same problem.

Time zone specific games will never happen!
      But some kind of personal armistice for a 4-5 hours a day is possible but due to too much work not probably will happen.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

But why force a pause on someone that's trying to get into the action, and attack.
      because its only fun if both are ready to battle.or do enjoy killing offline players? maybe your only chance for a hit?
      I feel like we shouldn't force people to stop... if you don't have your own sh!t together its your problem.

If you ain't ready for war/battle get out my way... or get ran over...

I understand people all over the world have different schedules/timezones... if you ain't ready you ain't ready, just be ready to get blown up.

I STAND TO WHAT I WROTE!

• I just one as the U.K too.

My enemies where European most of what they said I had to use a translator.

I had a 2/4 battle and nobody was sleeping... I'll be awake to 1:00 am and I still see air rades. \

Me and Italy had such good cordination we took down Iraq within 4 (4x) days... and Iran within 6 (4x) days... Afghanistan within 12 (4x) days... and Algeria within 5 (4x) days.

What I'm trying to say is we do not need this and when we are battling, we don't need to stop and make the game 25% longer.