Gold (NOT a debate thread)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gold (NOT a debate thread)

Hi, I have several outstanding questions regarding the usage of gold in game and i am wondering if I can get other people’s opinion.

1. Do you use gold in-game? If so, how much, on average?

2. Have you ever purchased gold from Dorado, or has all your obtained gold been from winning rounds, achievements, etc?

3. What are your opinions on a gold free map?
      (A public game map where gold use is not allowed, in exchange, all participants must pay a set gold fee - ex. 5K - to enter the round)

And last but not least...

4. Should alliances have the ability to create gold-free games with each other? All participants would have to pay set gold entry fee as stated above, OR the two alliances leaders could pay a bigger amount (Ex. 5,000 x the number of participants) so the regular members don’t have to pay.

What are your thoughts on these points?
    • 1°) Yes, happens. Gold is wide spread, i tend to see it as a nuclear stockpile, and i have a strong "second strike against nuclear powers" policy. How much depends but the goal is to be as savvy as possible, through what i call a "spending multiplier". If i use 1K Gold, in theory, my opponent should have "lost" 3-4k or more of gold. It's a bit like K/D.

2°) Yes.

3°) Some Community events that happen around there are gold free, not "technically", but us staff are allowed to conduct gold check and ensure the fairness of the event. It's not unheard of, but it's rare. And the "gold free map with a entry fee" has been abandoned due ... not worth it business wise.

4°) Already exists. Called Elite Challenges. All alliances get one per month. Those challenges have disabled the ability to use gold in them.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

1°) Yes, happens. Gold is wide spread, i tend to see it as a nuclear stockpile, and i have a strong "second strike against nuclear powers" policy. How much depends but the goal is to be as savvy as possible, through what i call a "spending multiplier". If i use 1K Gold, in theory, my opponent should have "lost" 3-4k or more of gold. It's a bit like K/D.

2°) Yes.

3°) Some Community events that happen around there are gold free, not "technically", but us staff are allowed to conduct gold check and ensure the fairness of the event. It's not unheard of, but it's rare. And the "gold free map with a entry fee" has been abandoned due ... not worth it business wise.

4°) Already exists. Called Elite Challenges. All alliances get one per month. Those challenges have disabled the ability to use gold in them.
      Thanks for the info